Diablo III Forum Migration – July 9, 2019

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
07/05/2019 09:02 AMPosted by Elgareth
A question about the forum migration: Will the 269 pages of the "quick info" thread, where YOU asked for our feedback, and we gave it to you in droves without ANY acknowledgement AT ALL, just be deleted without ever answering one single post?

Or do you truly care about our feedback and will migrate the thread into the new forum?

Will it be deleted?
No. It will stay right here in read-only mode like the rest of the threads on the current forum software.

Will we get an answer to anything related to the PR disaster at Blizzcon? No. That comes from way above the Diablo team and it seems the suits have no intention of providing any more statements to Nev for her to post. She is not authorized to address the situation personally. Anything said has to clear management and legal. As much as we deserve an answer, it seems we are not getting one. I guess the lack of an answer is a form of answer. Silence says a lot.

Will a copy of the thread migrate to the new forums? Maybe? Not likely though.
07/06/2019 08:07 AMPosted by MissCheetah
A question about the forum migration: Will the 269 pages of the "quick info" thread, where YOU asked for our feedback, and we gave it to you in droves without ANY acknowledgement AT ALL, just be deleted without ever answering one single post?

Or do you truly care about our feedback and will migrate the thread into the new forum?

Will it be deleted?
No. It will stay right here in read-only mode like the rest of the threads on the current forum software.

Will we get an answer to anything related to the PR disaster at Blizzcon? No. That comes from way above the Diablo team and it seems the suits have no intention of providing any more statements to Nev for her to post. She is not authorized to address the situation personally. Anything said has to clear management and legal. As much as we deserve an answer, it seems we are not getting one. I guess the lack of an answer is a form of answer. Silence says a lot.

So I guess we gotta continue with this topic on the new forum, hopefully we can get it stickied or we are going to have so many topics created over and over again until answers come.
We're currently targeting next week, yes. If the date slips any further, I'll provide an additional update here.

So, we're still on for tomorrow then?
07/07/2019 12:28 PMPosted by Meteorblade
We're currently targeting next week, yes. If the date slips any further, I'll provide an additional update here.

So, we're still on for tomorrow then?

Tomorrow is a Monday, not a Patch Tuesday.
06/19/2019 11:03 AMPosted by Nevalistis
As with other Blizzard game titles, the time has arrived for the Diablo III forums to migrate to new forum software.
We’re targeting the forum migration to happen between June 24 – July 9th
We’ll keep the community updated as we get closer to the dates above
07/07/2019 12:38 PMPosted by DogBone
Tomorrow is a Monday, not a Patch Tuesday.

Check out how many of the 16 days between June 24th and July 9th aren't Tuesdays. Anyway, the team that look after the forums is different to the teams that look after the games. The forum migration doesn't have to happen on a Tuesday just because in-game patching does.
07/06/2019 08:07 AMPosted by MissCheetah

Will it be deleted?

That would make Nev and "The Diablo Teams" collective liars when they said "We are fully commited to engage."

If you can't talk to your customers because reasons, don't say the exact opposite.
So forum update on July 9th then?
07/08/2019 04:46 PMPosted by CrowRezin

Yep. Just popping in here to confirm we'll be beginning and completing the forum migration tomorrow.

See you all on the other side!
07/08/2019 05:25 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Yep. Just popping in here to confirm we'll be beginning and completing the forum migration tomorrow.

Will there be cookies?

As you keep telling us that you're all about improving communications with your players, might have been nice if you'd also updated the sticky thread on the EU forums...
https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/17626262560
they wont update the 5000+ post thread where they claim they are listening to the community, the eu has no chance. its always been treated as a very late after thought hence so many of us post on here now.

more proof blizzards community team really shouldnt have "community" anywhere in its titles.
07/08/2019 08:38 PMPosted by Volatility
Will there be cookies?

If you can get Grumbles from WoW to come over here there will be. He likes to leave cookies after his posts. :)
07/08/2019 04:46 PMPosted by CrowRezin

As I thought, not a single comment. You don't really care anymore Nevalistis, do you? I mean I can't blame you, when the company I work for would be on such a downhill slide, I too would lose all passion for my job.
Just popping in here to confirm we'll be beginning and completing the forum migration tomorrow.

It's currently
    10:20 PT
    17:20 GMT
    18:20 BST
    19:20 CEST

When is this going to start / how long will it take?
Talk about "impatient"

They are probably working on the back end stuff right now. Current forum can still stay running while that happens.

Actually, I'm expecting them to run into a problem and hold off until tomorrow.
We’re targeting the forum migration to happen between June 24 – July 9th
07/09/2019 10:30 AMPosted by DogBone
Talk about "impatient"

Impatient? They gave a 16 day window for implementation and it's day 16 of that window and they still haven't said when it'll happen or how long it will take.

Heck, there's only four hours left of the 9th for Europe.
07/09/2019 10:30 AMPosted by DogBone
They are probably working on the back end stuff right now. Current forum can still stay running while that happens.

We're pushing buttons right now. You're right in assuming there was final QA tests to pass before we could begin the launch.

But button's been pushed, and it's starting now. Itshappening.gif
07/09/2019 11:00 AMPosted by Meteorblade
Heck, there's only four hours left of the 9th for Europe.

I can give you an estimate based on the past forum migrations. It tends to happen during the afternoon Pacific time and takes a few hours. Depends on if they run into issues or not.

I also don't know if the rollout is the same in each Region or not.

Edit - minutes too slow!