Can we get some EU forum moderation please?

General Discussion
Man, this OP got hijacked fast.
06/16/2019 11:44 AMPosted by Avalon
Man, this OP got hijacked fast.

Yeah, turning it into a free speech debate, when it's actually about a lack of moderation of death threats and anti-Semitism, isn't particularly helpful.
Please, we usually don't get into politics on this forum. I'd like to keep it that way.
06/16/2019 12:24 PMPosted by TrvAix
Please, we usually don't get into politics on this forum. I'd like to keep it that way.

That's what happens when you got people with far too much time on their hands. Forum is lyfe.
Well, as of a few minutes ago it seems that the mods finally woke up as the EU thread in question is now 404. I wonder if they'll also address the others that have had reports outstanding for days...
Didn't Blizzard fire a bunch of European division staff and let others go with a severance package or something?
06/16/2019 01:17 PMPosted by Meteorblade
Well, as of a few minutes ago it seems that the mods finally woke up as the EU thread in question is now 404. I wonder if they'll also address the others that have had reports outstanding for days...

Glad to hear they got to it. Forum moderation is normally VERY light on weekends and trolls like to take advantage of it. It takes more reports than average to get something escalated in priority. That is not an excuse though for something that is as bad as your report sounds.

06/16/2019 01:49 PMPosted by Tetra
Didn't Blizzard fire a bunch of European division staff and let others go with a severance package or something?

Yes, some the CS team there was given the option to take a very generous package if they willingly left. This has been done in the past as well. Not sure if that impacted the Forum Moderator team though.

I will try to talk to the US Customer Service folks I have contacts with once they are at work tomorrow afternoon (evening shift). They are not part of the Forum Moderation team at all and can't cross moderate. They might be able to forward the concerns about moderation to the right team though.

Also, any time you see direct threats of violence - use the Real Life Threat category. That is only to be used for the worst sorts of threats and does escalate priority for the report. Never use it lightly for simple trash talk. Real threats to others, or encouragement of suicide, can be reported that way. Blizzard is trained to handle those sorts of things and has ways to reach out to law enforcement and emergency services when applicable. If someone is in fear for their lives (doxing and threats that seem credible), they should also contact their local law enforcement. Blizzard will work with valid legal law enforcement requests for information about players or posters who are committing crimes.
06/16/2019 08:44 AMPosted by Mpower122
its fine as it is.They should work on getting this garbage game better instead of moderating the forum.

You honestly thought that forum moderators and game developers were the same people?
06/16/2019 03:03 PMPosted by MissCheetah
06/16/2019 01:17 PMPosted by Meteorblade

Glad to hear they got to it. Forum moderation is normally VERY light on weekends and trolls like to take advantage of it. It takes more reports than average to get something escalated in priority. That is not an excuse though for something that is as bad as your report sounds.

06/16/2019 01:49 PMPosted by Tetra

Yes, some the CS team there was given the option to take a very generous package if they willingly left. This has been done in the past as well. Not sure if that impacted the Forum Moderator team though.

I will try to talk to the US Customer Service folks I have contacts with once they are at work tomorrow afternoon (evening shift). They are not part of the Forum Moderation team at all and can't cross moderate. They might be able to forward the concerns about moderation to the right team though.

Also, any time you see direct threats of violence - use the Real Life Threat category. That is only to be used for the worst sorts of threats and does escalate priority for the report. Never use it lightly for simple trash talk. Real threats to others, or encouragement of suicide, can be reported that way. Blizzard is trained to handle those sorts of things and has ways to reach out to law enforcement and emergency services when applicable. If someone is in fear for their lives (doxing and threats that seem credible), they should also contact their local law enforcement. Blizzard will work with valid legal law enforcement requests for information about players or posters who are committing crimes.

Out of curiosity where does "prejudice against minors" fall into? I've seen some stuff on NA of it when I read the forums offline on the old forums. Since this is a new forum I haven't seen any. I do know it count as trolling but since it's minors does that make it more serious to take greater action? If user proclaim to be adult doing it I think that should be alarming since the effects can be grim to the minor upon reading it. Will it still be consider trolling even though the tone from what I've been told (I could be wrong) is the same level of racial discrimination? Will it still be trolling or real threats or both to select when reporting?
The internet can be a scary place. You cant delete everything that offends you or you disagree with. Maybe put the child safety filter on.
06/16/2019 07:38 PMPosted by XxTaiPanxX
The internet can be a scary place. You cant delete everything that offends you or you disagree with. Maybe put the child safety filter on.

Well, actually, Blizzard can and does delete things the company thinks are offensive and disagreeable.

That's why there's a Code of Conduct, champ.
06/16/2019 12:24 PMPosted by TrvAix

Politics really? Look it up kid.
06/16/2019 07:38 PMPosted by XxTaiPanxX

When there are rules, they should be enforced.

Grow up kiddo.
06/16/2019 08:35 AMPosted by MFPF
Have you tried to report the threads that break the rules? (a good detailed report, not one without description)
There is a Twitter-like character limit for in-Forum reports; if you are too wordy, the report will fail without explanation. I don't know exactly what the count is, but it feels like 150-200.
06/16/2019 03:03 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Also, any time you see direct threats of violence - use the Real Life Threat category.

I think in a number of years posting to the EU and US forums, I have only ever used that reporting option twice and the thread I mentioned was one of them. I didn't use it lightly but the thread was literally calling for murder and I suspect that's what finally got rid of the thread, whereas the preceding days of reporting it (starting on Thursday) for harassment, racial, national and so on didn't get any purchase.
lol, I remember we had a discussion about religion that went over several days without moderators taking notice. Best D3 thread ever.
06/16/2019 08:58 PMPosted by Slamboney
There is a Twitter-like character limit for in-Forum reports; if you are too wordy, the report will fail without explanation. I don't know exactly what the count is, but it feels like 150-200.

No it seems to be some sort of time bomb; write a very long post and send it - gone with the wind.

Write the same very long post, copy it to a texteditor (wordpad) before, reload the site, then c/p and send it and voila; text is posted. ^^