I hate bots

General Discussion
I decided to "act" rather than write something in this forum. I will record a video when I find someone using a bot in the public game. Below links are the official reporting of cheating/hack.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/17346267459
https://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html

If those two ways above are not working, then I won't play this game anymore.
06/11/2019 01:40 PMPosted by WittyGem
06/11/2019 01:12 PMPosted by Zeddicuus

Not true at all. Bots running rampant discourage other players from continuing the game. It discourages new players from joining the ranks. I don't know a lot of players that love playing a game where cheaters are known to run rampant. There are other options available for those that want to compete for a ladder or whatever. However, that affects that size of the playerbase. That is less players in public games for me to play a cooperative game. That affects casual players such as myself that never bother with the competition aspect and just want to play the game at as high a difficulty as I desire.

Bots affect all players, competitive or not. Cheaters are bad for the health of any game, much like a cancer. If it runs rampant, it can simply bring the end of the game in time.

I've been playing D2 since release day. Bots never affected me in the slightest.

*mic drop*

There is no way in hell that you have been playing D2 since release day, as your maturity level makes it more than clear that you were probably not even born when D2 came out.
honestly majority of players aren't going to play enough to be #1 on leaderboards anyways. Just play, have fun, see how high you can push. if you're not having fun thats on you.. move on and play something else nothing is making you play this game it's not lik eyou paid any extra money to access season 17... try to beat what you did previously.

2000 paragon this late in hte season is nothing, i was gone for 1 week on vacation and i'm at 1300+ paragon, i'd easily be 2000+ if i hadn't gone on vacation. I personally could care less about bots, it doesn't affect my play. I have fun playing and have actually played this season way more than any previous season.

/shrug
06/10/2019 06:10 PMPosted by leostud
I'm sure this will get removed like my like bot post but I still hate bots

They hate you too, so it's a push.
Amen brutha, Lets get a ban wave going weekly? daily? hourly? vs. once a season
Thank you for these links! I wish we had an in game option but anything is better then nothing.
The link didn't work for me :( I still see no actual option to report botters yet. Anyone else have any advice on how to help fight the war against D3 cheaters?
06/11/2019 09:52 AMPosted by TrvAix
Yup. Ban the bots. All of them.

Bots accounts only take the punishments but the bounty materials is pass down to main account. people could just buy multiple Diablo game keys for botting purposes
06/11/2019 12:58 AMPosted by WittyGem
I want to take bots out on a date.

*edit*

looking at your seasonal toons, you couldn't compete with bots even if they paid you. No wonder you're so jelly. 3 weeks into the season and you're still only ~800 paragon? I was over p600 when I finished the entire journey....1.5 weeks ago.

100% solo, mind you. Noone joined my game.
yeah. You are a real superman.
If bots discourage you, you have more problems than bots, such as a burn out from playing either apathy. As I always say, bots don't prevent you from grinding experience for yourself, nor prevent you from finding friends.
You burnt out from playing and that's okay. What not okay is, instead of seeing the flaws of the game that caused you to burn out and promote a repetitive, monotonous play sequence, you simply deflect blame on leaderboards and bots.
All I heard from you is how hard it is to get into leaderboards due to bots. That's the darn challenge of it; no matter the odds you get going, instead you people gave up and acting stuck up.

If bots were to be extinct from this game, there are hardcore players out there who'd outplay you in a heartbeat and you'd be soiled out from the leaderboards yet again. This time it'd be 100% legit and you'd have NO excuse for it. There are legit players out there who got their place on leaderboards without botting even now.

06/16/2019 06:13 PMPosted by METALHEAD
Lets get a ban wave going weekly? daily? hourly?

Pointless to try if ban remains at a superficial level of account ban instead of gpu ban and no regulations on friend invites added. Preventing it fully requires Blizzard to invest at cloudtech or blockchain, but they won't even consider doing that. Even serious hardware bans won't be inflicted because D3 is not even a competitive game, they won't break the banwave-discount cycle.

Hourly or daily bans for thousands of bots are impractical and you people are delusional or have no realization of what do you want. If you announce your presence, whole botter community would just bury their heads until your petty banwave blows over. Also if you think that's, by any ounce of sense, possible, I'd like to see you try to organize something for a school project.
I welcome the challenge! You might want to learn your audience next time ;)

06/19/2019 06:40 AMPosted by naksiloth

If bots were to be extinct from this game, there are hardcore players out there who'd outplay you in a heartbeat and you'd be soiled out from the leaderboards yet again.

I do not think you speak for a company either last I checked. You can make any bold statement behind the safety of your monitor however the OP is just trying to shed a little light on an ongoing epidemic that is increasingly plaguing this game. Lets support him and not troll.
06/19/2019 08:53 AMPosted by METALHEAD
I welcome the challenge! You might want to learn your audience next time ;)

Let me doubt it when there are 3 bot whine thread at the front page and all of you act like leaderboard is the meaning of your life. Yet always shy of pushing and blame someone else everytime.
Most of the people in these threads -also includes me-, not even qualified to push, with or without bots influence yet they non-stop complain about leaderboards.

ou can make any bold statement behind the safety of your monitor

Is that a threat of some sort?

Lets support him and not troll.

Do you have anything to add to my claims besides you liking challenge? I suggested harsher penalties for botters.
All I heard from you is how hard it is to get into leaderboards due to bots. That's the darn challenge of it; no matter the odds you get going, instead you people gave up and acting stuck up.

Well I'm one of those people, and I'm currently Rank 370 solo Wiz, and 213 solo Necro. So yeah without bots I would be way higher, and those spots would probably be guaranteed top 1000 by the end of the season.

In season 16 just getting a clear on the top 1k solo DH at the end of the season was nearly impossible for me, and I know it isn't because I lack skills or dedication. I play a lot. I ended at like 900+, but without bots I would have easily been like 500 and not stressing to get that final push finished.

Also, why is it that I am always on the solo boards, but never on the group boards? I blame botting and overlays to be honest. Surely some one who can get rank 213 solo should be able to at least place in the top 1k for groups?

As I always say, bots don't prevent you from grinding experience for yourself, nor prevent you from finding friends.

False. I've left a few clans already after heavily investing in friendships in those clans. Those same friends found out they could get to higher heights by getting carried by the botters. I was no longer invited to groups. And why would a legit player like me want to have the same tag as like 10+ botters?
Honestly though it was sad. I'm 1500+ paragon with optimized gear, and some one who has no clue how to gear a Vyr's Archon Wiz (area damage on shoulders and offhand, amulet was average damage / int / chd / socket... rofl) but has 2k+ paragon gets invited to groups.

Also on the subject of not making friends. I know we're talking more about botting, but with overlays literally no one wants me to Znec without it. The reason I've never made a pull barb is because I know I'd be laughed at and kicked after the first run without overlays. It's that bad.
So yeah without bots I would be way higher

I'm more of interested at how would that impact your life to have 5-10 spots higher than you got. You're seeking competitiveness in a game ridden with so much monotonous RNG to the point of high level play evolved into a battle of overlays and bots.
You must realize you're watching D3 getting old also; seven years, only one expansion pack. Don't sound promising.

06/19/2019 09:03 AMPosted by TrvAix
but with overlays literally no one wants me to Znec without it.

That's the game's flaw. It's a spaghetti mess of colorful visual cues mashed with sense of timing on top of bad randomization. Even the best player can not pay enough attention to control everything and a slip simply chains and drags the whole group down.
It's only natural people had enough from it to look for a ways to give them an edge. There are normal people out there who play for fun and clear of overlay or bots. Try to find them in communities or search for them.

End lines are:
1. Ask for harsher penalties (GPU-hardware ban) and social regulations (can not invite if not befriended for more than 3 months) to prevent bot abuse. More frequent banwaves with account banning tied to a disposable e-mail won't solve anything alone. I'm not saying it can't be helpful but there should be a surprise factor instead of announcing it at short notices.
If you ask me it's time for Blizzard to invest in cloud or blockchain for their servers already to put an end to this bot problem where ever possible. If not at D3, next Diablo title must be free of this crap.

2. It's possible to enjoy D3 without paying attention to Leaderboards. End game is not competitive, the only real competitiveness you may get is at the Challenge Rifts and I think it's weakly served. Brawl could be better but it's only balanced for VERY high end play. If anything I'd like a separated PvP mode with different rulesets, arenas and player filters.
Greater Rifts has unevenly randomized ground which forces player to fish for the right combination.

You hit first #300? That's great but being higher doesn't matter at a grand scale at all. Why you people worry about the fishes you couldn't catch still being in the sea, when your bucket is full already?
@naksiloth you're really annoying bro. You have no idea the magnitude of the impact of bots and overlays. And it seems like you're talking down to me for being a legit player. I don't consider playing legit as "playing for fun" you don't have to cheat to be competitive, and if you believe that you are truly blind.
It wouldn't be just going up 10 spots. For one I promise it would be more than that, but I mean at the end of the season the bots overtake legit players by a large margin. Every day they creep ahead every further.
Players like me who put in 50+ hours a week deserve spots in XP groups and Push groups. We should be the top pick. But no, we don't get invited when the Zs can take a dps who has 600 freaking hours played and is way ahead of me. So I fall behind every single day and that's just in time I could be playing. Not to mention most botters have 2-3 hours of down time a day, When others have to sleep and eat / shower. etc.

Blizzard usually only bans people in the top 10, I'm saying we should ban them all!
06/19/2019 10:58 AMPosted by TrvAix
@naksiloth you're really annoying bro.

Then I'll shut it after this. I shouldn't be even giving my opinion because I don't see the thing you saw in D3. I have to respect it and I haven't down talked you. If it seemed that way I'm sorry.