Stash Tab Idea incentive for next season

General Discussion
For next season...
1) Change Champion mile stone to give portrait frame and if a player has acquired at least 5 free stash tabs through season journey, they also get a free stash tab at Champion completion.

2) If a player has not acquired at least 5 free stash tabs from season journey then they only get portrait frame from Champion mile stone completion.

Conqueror (awards a free stash tab) and all the other mile stone rewards remain unchanged.

The point is to incentivize season journey. The stash tab flip-flap from the last PTR cycle still leaves a very bitter resentment. This gives long time players and the non-season crowd another reason to play season, even if only to acquire another stash tab (or two).
The season journey to unlocking the tab at Conqueror is trivial enough already. No need to make it any quicker or easier.

One tab in each of the next four seasons through the current method will be just fine.
Have they brought out the ability to get more stash tabs? Long time player here, coming back after a long hiatus. I have all the stash tabs long long ago, but I've been reading about possibly more stash tabs coming available??

Thanks
The stash tab IS the incentive to do the journey, if you still need them. If you have them all, and there is no guarantee that we will get any more, your idea does nothing for the people with all the tabs already.
Are you saying there are people who DON'T have all the stash tabs? Surely there can't be new players starting up D3? How is that possible after all these years???
06/18/2019 04:10 PMPosted by Darkness
Have they brought out the ability to get more stash tabs? Long time player here, coming back after a long hiatus. I have all the stash tabs long long ago, but I've been reading about possibly more stash tabs coming available??

Thanks

You can earn a new tab this season 17 by completing Conqueror, and chances are that we'll be able to get another four over the next four seasons in the same manner.

Blizz initally told everyone that five new tabs would be available with the new patch, which was clearly incorrect and made no sense, and they walked it back soon after. Cue the angry mob with torches and pitchforks.....
06/18/2019 04:23 PMPosted by Darkness
Are you saying there are people who DON'T have all the stash tabs? Surely there can't be new players starting up D3? How is that possible after all these years???

I don't have any additional tabs from Seasonal play. I play for the cosmetics and pets and then move on.

Something about being strong armed into participating in content you don't like for the sake of a basic QoL feature, doesn't sit right with me.

They can claim technical difficulties all they want as for their reasoning of not giving them as a normal QoL need all they want. I'm not buying it. If it is indeed the case, then they chose to create the problem.
06/18/2019 04:33 PMPosted by spacecadet13
Cue the angry mob with torches and pitchforks.....

And you're stirring the pot to help make that happen?
Stash tab is not "the" incentive. Some players like the fresh start, character development and leaderboard hustle. However, many long time players don't feel its worth the effort. Some players rush GR100-130 and/or leader boards, get bored and don't care to bother beyond that. Its the usual post week two nose dive in season. I know of at least 2 people who refuse to chase the free stash tab even with help from friends. The way in which the stash tabs were handled last PTR cycle did not sit well with them. This is on top of the toilet diablo announcement from last BlizzCon.

Of course we have the non-season crowd who don't like playing in season. Running season just for the free tab is a chore or as someone above put it "being strong armed". This gives new players and players who mostly ignore the tab (and guardian for that matter) to actually complete conqueror.

This is not an argument of whether or not getting free tab is difficult. The technical issue(s) layed out are still there and we are marching toward that problem with each new season. I am not saying Champ should be changed for every season going forward. Just roll it into next season's incentives. My idea would have made even more sense for the current season given the SoN buff.
06/18/2019 04:10 PMPosted by Darkness

Thanks

You can earn a new tab this season 17 by completing Conqueror, and chances are that we'll be able to get another four over the next four seasons in the same manner.

Blizz initally told everyone that five new tabs would be available with the new patch, which was clearly incorrect and made no sense, and they walked it back soon after. Cue the angry mob with torches and pitchforks.....

Not only did they tell everyone that the 5 additional tabs would be immediately available, they were purchasable via in-game gold. Many players logged into the PTR just for the experience of the additional space (I was one of them). Players cheered in chat on the PTR. The 5 free unlock was a gigantic win and suddenly it was removed with a PTR patch and a stealthy change to the PTR patch notes.

Spacecadet13 you might gloss over how it was handled but not everyone is going to disregard how it was handled like you are. I'm not saying you are right or wrong. I'm also not saying those who were obviously upset at how it was handled are right or wrong. I'm simply promoting an idea to incentivize players to come back next season and play a bit longer. Giving 1 extra tab above the norm. next season isn't going to harm anyone or anything. It is going to be harmful, then the devs need to be working on a real fix to the technical issues and that needs to be a high priority. Currently we are just delaying the inevitable.

Blizzard brought that on themselves. The way they handled the situation, follow by the extremely questionable explanations as to why they did things the way they did, Blizzard would have to be beyond foolish if they didn't see the playerbase's anger coming.
Something about being strong armed into participating in content you don't like

I swear I'll never understand this. When I play seasons, I do a lot of bounties, rifts and GR's. When I play non-seasons (which is most of my game time) I do a lot of bounties, rifts and GR's. Beats me how anyone could like doing GR/rift/bounties in non-season but hate the exact same things in seasons. The only things I do in seasons that I wouldn't do regularly in NS is leveling to 70 and the set dungeons. both of which are quick and easy and totally worth going through for the stash tab and other seasonal rewards.

06/18/2019 05:42 PMPosted by BossDogg
Spacecadet13 you might gloss over how it was handled but not everyone is going to disregard how it was handled like you are. I'm not saying you are right or wrong. I'm also not saying those who were obviously upset at how it was handled are right or wrong.

Rare to see a balanced, neutral opinion on here. Kudos. Personally, I wasn't surprised at all when Blizz rectified the mistake of announcing that there were five tabs immediately available with the new patch, because it was clearly a mistake. Five tabs for nothing (gold), instantly? Then what was the seasonal journeys for the last four about? What they should have said was that up to five more tabs were unlockable, one at a time, through the seasonal journeys. As it was, the wording used and its timing could hardly have gone over worse. And then they did make it worse with their ham fisted and half-assed explanations of the technical reasons why they weren't going to just hand out more tabs to everyone. As it is, four more seasons for four more tabs is totally fine by me.
Extra stash is a quality of life improvement. I say just let us buy them with gold and not gate them through seasons.
How about something new? You know...like fresh?

SOS recycled isn't fresh.

Edit: not noob, accidentally posting on alt account
@Spacecadet13:
I get that you are fine with how things are. However, the heavy assertion of your opinion would suggest otherwise. Even though you are saying you are content with how things are, many others in the player base are not. A minor incentive to keep playing season and potentially help each other is a big win. Double the storage space acquisition in a single season is going to very hard to ignore and even harder to complain about the gating requirement. Just put a nice layer of sugar on the deal and watch the community queue up to walk through the gate.

The current way in which we get free tabs is hardly a QoL feature. They way in which it was handled, was not a mere announcement. It was fully available for purchase within the game for gold. Let's not over simplify or attempt to make it out to be less than what it was.

The extra tabs made it immediate that I would be able to include an additional character or pursue more than 1 additional set on a single char to fully enchant in the upcoming season. It also meant that one additional character could be a zDPS char to help my friends/clanmates progress in group play. Not everyone wants to chase the meta builds, but the extra space opened the door for me to somewhat chase the meta builds if only to get more friends/clanmates into organized and efficient groups. Everyone would able to pursue meta builds without any regard for storage space. At least for 1 season it would not matter if a player was a hoarder, a minimalist, or anywhere in between.
06/18/2019 05:50 PMPosted by Oblivion
Blizzard would have to be beyond foolish if they didn't see the playerbase's anger coming.

And they completely were. As blind to that situation as the one they encountered the last Blizzcon.

You would have thought they learned from that mistake.

But I'm sure there are even more examples if we looked far enough.
06/18/2019 06:06 PMPosted by spacecadet13
I swear I'll never understand this. When I play seasons, I do a lot of bounties, rifts and GR's. When I play non-seasons (which is most of my game time) I do a lot of bounties, rifts and GR's. Beats me how anyone could like doing GR/rift/bounties in non-season but hate the exact same things in seasons.

Do you notice one word you use a lot? It's the word I.

You're trying to project your experiences onto others.

Also, you're not only doing Grifts and bounties like you do in Non Seasonal play. You have to complete specific objectives that are not found in Non Seasonal play in order to get stash tabs.

You are watering down the requirements for stash tabs to suit your narrative.
06/19/2019 06:29 PMPosted by Grumm
You're trying to project your experiences onto others.

Interesting. So other players have found a way to do the seasonal journey without doing lots of GR's, rifts and bounties? Tell me more! My - MY - experience is that there is next to no difference between what I do in season and non-seasonal play, and I - I - don't see how anyone could find them different, let alone different enough to hate one but love the other.

Also, you're not only doing Grifts and bounties like you do in Non Seasonal play. You have to complete specific objectives that are not found in Non Seasonal play in order to get stash tabs.

Yeah, you got no clues at all about seasonal play. Those objectives, like kill Zolten Kule at T2,Cydaea at T10 etc? You just get those while running bounties for the caches, you don't need to go out of your way to pick them off as stand-alone events (though I guess you could, but why?) And seriously, what other way is there of doing a Grift? Set the level and beat the timer. It's no different. And even if it was, how would that be a bad thing?

You are watering down the requirements for stash tabs to suit your narrative.

And you are trying to imply that seasonal play is significantly different and somehow more difficult than non-seasonal play, and that simply is not true. I'm very far from being leet in this game, but getting to Conqueror this season took me under 30 hours game time, mostly solo. If I can do it, anyone can. Read a guide or two, watch some videos on leveling up and set dungeons. Not hard at all.

If you like doing bounties, rifts and GR's in NS, why would you hate them in seasons? Beats me why anyone would want to keep grinding away exclusively in NS when there's a stash tabs and a bunch of cosmetics to be earned by doing the exact same things in Seasons. But hey, each to their own - but keep the seasonal journey as is. It works.
06/19/2019 07:51 PMPosted by spacecadet13
And you are trying to imply that seasonal play is significantly different and somehow more difficult than non-seasonal play

I don't need to master a set dungeon in non seasonal play. While you may feel it's no big deal to do all the Seasonal content for a stash tab, some of us simply do not like the content shoved in our face for a QoL feature.
Read a guide or two, watch some videos on leveling up and set dungeons.

Once again, you're thinking you know how others feel about the Seasonal content players are forced to participate in if they want more stash tabs. It has nothing to do with reading a guide or leveling up.

It's about not liking that content. They placed stash tabs behind set dungeons for a reason. Not many people like them and they had to force players to do them. They even this much when they released them.
If you like doing bounties, rifts and GR's in NS, why would you hate them in seasons?

Never said I didn't. Not sure why you keep using those as your reason as to why I should enjoy all the Seasonal content.
But hey, each to their own - but keep the seasonal journey as is. It works.

Never said it didn't. All I said was that I stop after the cosmetics. This has nothing to do with difficulty.

Seasons is working just how they want it to. To restrict the number of players getting more stash tabs. They know damn well a large chunk of their players wont bother, to include me.
What part of: you can only have up to five more stash tabs earned by finishing Conqueror in season journey is so hard to understand?
06/20/2019 07:14 AMPosted by Jazz
What part of: you can only have up to five more stash tabs earned by finishing Conqueror in season journey is so hard to understand?

I'm not sure if this was directed at me. If it was... you might want to re-read through my responses.