Vyr 2p 132 video (monk perspective)

Wizard
https://youtu.be/Sk3D4ZggIH8
(Note: has usual animu/weeb--well Touhou, specifically--music so cover ye ears and/or mute if you're not into that scene)

I just wanted to post a quick video of a 2p 132 run, because it's actually fairly high up on the leaderboards yet is not the usual bazooka run that you're probably used to. Turns out this build has enough damage to score high on the 2p boards, too. I was surprised when Stan and I cleared 130 on our first try with little to no prep work, but I didn't expect this to actually be able to push this high (and pretty easily, too). We didn't get a conduit and the power pylon sucked, so my estimate for the top end of 2p clears for this spec to be around 135. Maybe with very high paragon and perfect gear, 136. Maybe higher with a glassier spec. Which is actually quite respectable.

The build is consistent, but puts a lot more strain on the zmonk. Part of my reason for posting this is to give some idea of what you can do for your DPS, if you decide to try this idea. With most bazooka builds you can just gather whatever is in the immediate area, nuke, and then slowly inch forward while repeating. With this spec, you need to pretty much push forward constantly and you'll notice that the vyr wizard doesn't really need babysitting all the time, especially not while in archon. Mainly in horrible affixes and/or whenever they're out of archon. So ideally you're on voice (we weren't lol), because you need to know when they're out of archon. When they're in archon and especially with double stacks, your job is to just put a sanc down and then go out and gather. There's no area damage, which is an utter blessing since you don't have to worry about overgathering and lag.

The ideal mob type seems to be blues, which I guess most people should be aware of from soloing on the spec.

Also unlike most specs this build doesn't have anything in the skill damage % bucket. So I think strongarms are far superior to nemesis (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Nemesis maybe provides you one extra elite on power and conduit. Strongarms provides pretty close to its stated value throughout practically the entire rift, and are not dependent on pylons.

If you have some ideas of better alterations for 2p runs, feel free to post them. I'm interested. This spec is a lot more interesting to play in 2p to me because it doesn't need like 5-6 minutes on the RG...
... I just noticed that we actually left an almost dead blue behind at one point during that. Heh. Yep, gg zmonk right here. >_>;
Awesome.

We need to talk about your music, though. :p
Nice run. Grats on the clear.
https://youtu.be/Sk3D4ZggIH8
(Note: has usual animu/weeb--well Touhou, specifically--music so cover ye ears and/or mute if you're not into that scene)

With this spec, you need to pretty much push forward constantly and you'll notice that the vyr wizard doesn't really need babysitting all the time, especially not while in archon.
If you have some ideas of better alterations for 2p runs, feel free to post them. I'm interested. This spec is a lot more interesting to play in 2p to me because it doesn't need like 5-6 minutes on the RG...

My monk friend is curious about the spec; what gems you used. Can you give me a d3planner to give to him? Is it the one on your profile?
06/12/2019 05:50 AMPosted by Venaliter
My monk friend is curious about the spec; what gems you used. Can you give me a d3planner to give to him? Is it the one on your profile?

There's not much special to my particular spec. You can just find this clear on the 2p NS leaderboards and then right click on me and view hero details. One consideration may be using the Transgression rune of Mantra of Retribution, but to be completely honest at my paragon I'm not sure if my zmonk could actually survive at 132+ without the healing mantra spam. With some fishing, it's probably quite possible. With Vyrs, the wizard is actually tankier than you are, a majority of the time. I do kind of wonder if there's a hybrid spec that would outdo pure cold. One other idea is to have Stan use Strongarms himself, but he would have to be much more careful with the positioning. He has this instinct of teleporting right into the middle of the mob when resetting.

We tried a 2p run with me using zbarb, and that got him killed so he just gave up. I think using a barb might be quite possible though. You could do more pulling. There are also some runes (Bash, Will of the Ancients) that give crit chance. That would give a significant decrease to RG kill times if nothing else. Just I couldn't use it with the way he played. Which is fine. It's still quite competent with zmonk, and much safer besides.

06/11/2019 08:01 PMPosted by Venaliter
Awesome.

We need to talk about your music, though. :p

I mean what about it? I'm not insecure about it. My tastes are rather eclectic, and that's just one of the things I like listening to every now and then. I fire up a Touhou playlist on youtube and let it go. It helps that it's not licensed so it doesn't get flagged in any recordings I make. I just put that disclaimer down because apparently people can't accept that some individuals have fringe music interests that they're not open minded enough to tolerate. And apparently forget that they can just mute the thing. It's not like I ever have game sounds on, so there's not much else to listen to. You can substitute with your own music.
Nice job! I vaguely recall seeing this 2p comp pushing fairly high on PTR. The consistency and kill speed on the RG fight is really nice.
Wow, I see some 8k paragon people cleared 139 with this on the NS leaderboards. That's way higher than I expected the cap to be, but then again it makes sense. The thing is Vyrs kind of scales with how fast you're killing. So if you're killing faster, it will also in turn be stronger. It's a double dip effect due to kill stacks. I guess that's also why paragon matters so much for bazooka, aside from the fact that each map only has a limited amount of density for you to finish high HP mobs and elites, so burst damage matters a lot for bazooka.

The run is also using a zbarb, so my thoughts on using a zbarb above seem to be correct.
Does killing still stacks?
06/13/2019 09:30 AMPosted by Velhoteh

Yes Killing still adds stacks to Archon (IF you are in Archon when the kill happens)
06/14/2019 11:56 AMPosted by Raistrev
06/13/2019 09:30 AMPosted by Velhoteh

Yes Killing still adds stacks to Archon (IF you are in Archon when the kill happens)

Tks!!!
Wow, that monk really struggled there. And what's up with the spirit drain?
Struggling...? I'm not sure what you mean by that. Yeah, I got procc'd by the exploding mobs some, but that just happens sometimes. The only reason I died that one time during the run was because I wasn't expecting him to try to reset archon right there. I didn't have enough time to reset sanctuary so I tried to just stand in the way and at least absorb some attacks. Everything else was just normal for a zmonk to do in 2p or 3p.
I'm referring to how your health and Spirit drains so fast for a 2 man 132. And no, it it isn't normal. The monk is supposed to be virtually invulnerable. I normally do 134 and above and don't have that problem in 4man.

Not sure what's going on but I see that your chest, belt, pants, and boots don't have LPS. This helps in higher GR Mantra of Healing. And the lacking in augments too is prolly why.

What's your llfe in game? It has to be at least 2mil and above.

I also hope you're not using the iceblink in meta as that level 50 will give the pull barb hell in pulling mobs as they're gonna be really slow. Normally level 25 is the most efficient.
I'm referring to how your health and Spirit drains so fast for a 2 man 132. And no, it it isn't normal. The monk is supposed to be virtually invulnerable. I normally do 134 and above and don't have that problem in 4man.

... How much experience do you actually have in 2p and 3p, running zmonk? Yes, in 134 with barb buffs and maybe DH sentries (or Necro curses and/or poison nova if they run it), you're going to be invulnerable through most everything. You probably also don't need to take the fire immunity necklace in cube like I had to, just to survive certain affixes. Which is why my spirit drops so fast. Something you would have noticed if you looked. Granted in 4p at higher levels you also drop Blinding Flash so you can run dual gen for thorns RGK, I suppose.

Let me get something out of the way: I've run higher in 3p (141) than you have in 4p (138). I can tell you that you're certainly not going to stay invulnerable at all (though I don't really die these days), depending on the mob type. FYI, my zmonk is much more durable in 2p and 3p than some monks that have run considerably higher than me in 4p. Stan's aside I guess. Stan minmaxed his better. Also I take a lot of risks that I don't have to if I just wanted to stay alive easily. The amount of pulling I do out of sanctuary and the way I play in general is group-focused. I don't care about proccing.

That being said, I've seen monks proc to huge grotesque explosions like that even in 4p. Though I'm not sure how high you've used your zmonk.

06/20/2019 09:09 PMPosted by happynikon
Not sure what's going on but I see that your chest, belt, pants, and boots don't have LPS. This helps in higher GR Mantra of Healing. And the lacking in augments too is prolly why.

Total hogwash. Augments would help slightly (probably intelligence augments), but trying to use LPS is completely outdated info. It's like a drop in the bucket. A tiny one. I actually ended up rolling off all of my LPS in favor of armor (or roughly anything else), and it kept me alive much better while affecting the wizard exactly none at all.

What's your llfe in game? It has to be at least 2mil and above.

Life only helps so much. At some point I started swapping over my paragon into dex instead, per other players' suggestions, and it was actually a much better experience. Grabbing a lot of vit and not enough mitigation is a bad idea.

I also hope you're not using the iceblink in meta as that level 50 will give the pull barb hell in pulling mobs as they're gonna be really slow. Normally level 25 is the most efficient.

The wardrobe just keeps slotting the highest one I have and I'm too lazy to bother changing it as I mostly run 2p and 3p anyway. I've run 4p on that zmonk just fine either way. It doesn't really change much. I think one of my friends said he actually tested it and the 25 vs 50 does roughly nothing, but I don't remember who that was so I won't comment.

I'm going to be completely straight here and just say that I think you don't have anywhere near enough experience to be giving me pointers on this...
LPS rolls on gear lol.

I'm going to be completely straight here and just say that I think you don't have anywhere near enough experience to be giving me pointers on this...

Just this.
Not here to argue and just discussing what's best. I asked a friend to do 132 but we didn't finish as he doesn't have enough damage but as you can see on the video, my spirit and life doesn't drain as fast as yours. We gave up before the video (at 1:09 as he was already !@#$%ing about the mobs LOL) as the timer is was already ahead and he already knew we couldn't pull this off from the get go. LOL I guess I need to find a high DPS wiz to see it through the end.

Also I play manually as I don't have macro as I just pressed the buttons in rhythm. We did a 128 and finished.

https://youtu.be/uVO3YLJ0yEw

AS for the augment, yeah, need to augment more intel on my part and it does help. You have enough paragon to add for vitality and dex.

The LPS I changed from armor to help the others and when I did, it helped them. I just changed it for them and just kept it. One of the wiz I played wasn't as tanky at 130s in 4 man so that drop of health help on our next few runs.
06/22/2019 08:46 PMPosted by happynikon
Not here to argue

But you are continuing to argue.

as you can see on the video, my spirit and life doesn't drain as fast as yours.

Not sure why you are still trying to make that argument when your life drained very fast in your video and you died.

In that video you started getting melted at 1:15 and were forced to use potion at 1:20, then you ran away before dying at 1:30 when you tried to re-enter the group of mobs. (Maybe you should try spending more spirit activating healing mantra so you don't die?)
Your wizard died at 1:18, then resurrected and re-entered the group of mobs instead of leaving the rift before dying again at 1:32.
You and the wizard obviously didn't give up until after your monk died in that video.

You couldn't survive for 2 minutes of 132, but you are trying to tell the person who cleared 132 they don't know how to play monk.....
Not here to argue

But you are continuing to argue.

as you can see on the video, my spirit and life doesn't drain as fast as yours.

In that video you started getting melted at 1:15 and were forced to use potion at 1:20, then you ran away before dying at 1:30 when you tried to re-enter the group of mobs.
Your wizard died at 1:18, then resurrected and re-entered the group of mobs instead of leaving the rift before dying again at 1:32.

You and the wiz obviously didn't give up until after your monk died in that video.

You couldn't survive for 2 minutes of 132, but you are trying to tell the person who cleared 132 they don't know how to play monk.....

No. All wrong in both accounts. Try again. I doubt you can even pull 128. LOL. Keep talking though. Plus, no one invited your opinion. Keep playing. You have a long way to go.
06/23/2019 08:02 AMPosted by happynikon
No. All wrong in both accounts. Try again. I doubt you can even pull 128. LOL. Keep talking though. Plus, no one invited your opinion. Keep playing. You have a long way to go.

I already have 128 2 player on seasonal at 1501 paragon, check the leaderboard you idiot.

The OP never invited your opinion on his monk either, so now you are also being a hypocrite lol. Get mad kid.

Edit: I just noticed the wizard that carried you for your nonseasonal 128 clear is over 5000 paragon with mostly primal GG gear....LOL! You have a long way to go bud.