How high for GR you get?

General Discussion
How high GR?

I play on Xbox and run a fairly well equipped tal Rasha meteor mage (about 1500 paragon and have all gear enchanted between 80-95 Cald)

Seem to be hitting a wall at about 108 GR

That normal? We all know what YouTube videos show but for regular everyday players - what lvl are you all hitting a wall at? Lvl GR? What builds?
My highest solo GR is a GR118 on my Impale DH. I suspect I'd need a literally perfect GR (pylons, map layout, mob types) to get a 119, or a load more paragon.
I have ended s17 with my WD LoN in a GR120 and less than 1200 paragon.
Currently 104 on my Talrasha Meteor. Not a fan of Archon builds but still working out getting the right pieces to go that route. My LoN WoL is at 95 but I haven't tried to push her higher till I get the shoulders I should be using as Ancient.

Im a little shy of 1k Paragon.
Currently at 103, with 950ish para.
Using lon blessed shield, very fun to play, loving it..

Wish i could go beyond 110, working to get there.

Far you get, slower is the improvement, a week ago i was stuck at 98..
This weekend i will try a different build, Holy Blessed Shield, hope it helps a bit.
To my knowledge I've clear gr 70. Soon to climb again. I beat gr 70 with my WD build called HellTooth. I've pass my wall for now. I was Paragon 820 upon completion.

Hitting a wall is normal.

My HellTooth build change when I hit the wall from a straight up pet build + poison +acid cloud style. I then change it to half pet and half spirit harvest. Using the pylon bracer, the pledge and rose build, haunting grandle belt, bane of trapped rank 69, and Enforcer rank 83. I'm slowly getting rest of my gear together.
I like pushing GRs during a season and see how far i can get essentially solo without augmenting. ( This includes no Garbage RAT runs ).
Current Season im at GR109 on my WD. I reckon i can do 110 but ill need a pretty good GR layout with the right mobs and pylons.
If i want to Augment or level GEMS , then i will do it out of season where my para and gems are substancially higher.
121 with my Archon Wiz. It's so much stronger than Tal's, even without Augments.
06/14/2019 06:08 AMPosted by Meteorblade
My highest solo GR is a GR118 on my Impale DH. I suspect I'd need a literally perfect GR (pylons, map layout, mob types) to get a 119, or a load more paragon.
I find most cases they force you to kill white trash more as they reduce the amount of elites.
When you start getting into the 110s + solo, your going to be more required to start getting the right rolls (and high rolls at that) on your gear, full augments and decent paragon levels. Remember that even if you only use 80's as augment you basically are gaining about 1000 paragon levels for free. But generally your going to start hitting walls and then also bad rifts that just arn't clearable where you start fishing. Remember that to go up 1 GR, you have to increase your DPS by about 17% each time over the last.
I did a GR115 after a few tries with my LoN Monk this past weekend. I think with a few more gem levels and a couple hundred more paragon, I should be able to do 120 by fishing for a great rift (Festering Woods or Battlefield map).

My current paragon is only around 1250, so I don't expect to go beyond GR120 this season unless I can somehow get to paragon 2000+ or something (which is unlikely since I work full time)!

Edit: my profile is showing a weird build with Raiments 4 piece set, this was used to carry some people through the Sprinter conquest (it isn't a build that is usable outside of that)!
I feel old ^^.

I just hit GR100, DH Impale build, P800-, no Argument, remember before last Power Creep similar spec can hit low 90 only and 1 GR103 (my memory correct?) record may get a place in LB. So I open the LB with hope but the lowest record at that moment was already GR110. I think if I can't hit GR120 I don't need to check LB again lol.
i just hit 107 with my average vyr wiz and 103 with my average dh impale (no cald)
so i think if my playtime allows it i will go beyond 110 maube 115 this season. current para 1110
06/18/2019 10:53 AMPosted by FusRoDah
06/14/2019 06:08 AMPosted by Meteorblade
I find most cases they force you to kill white trash more as they reduce the amount of elites.

White Trash lives Matter!
06/20/2019 09:09 PMPosted by XxTaiPanxX
06/18/2019 10:53 AMPosted by FusRoDah
...I find most cases they force you to kill white trash more as they reduce the amount of elites.

White Trash lives Matter!

When I joined public GR, I noticed most of the players I met act as "Elite Hunter", skip White Trash as fast as possible and focused on Elite only. However, I also saw some players just temporary ignore the Elite they encountered, trying to group more White Trash and even 2nd & 3rd Elite Groups together before attack. I found the later style help me to improve my GR record if my Cold Impale build have enough defense to tank :-)
06/20/2019 11:05 PMPosted by WCLee
I found the later style help me to improve my GR record if my Cold Impale build have enough defense to tank :-)

I'd love to switch from the Ricochet (Lightning) variant to the Overpenetration (Cold) variant, as it can potentially hit more mobs, so has the possibility of killing more of the trash pack whilst eliminating the elites. However, in over a year of trying, I have yet to find a cold-based Holy Point Shot that beats my current lightning-based one so cannot switch without losing damage. I've got three primal HPS, all of which are missing at least one of cold, CHC and Impale bonus.
06/20/2019 06:14 PMPosted by WCLee
I feel old ^^.

I just hit GR100, DH Impale build, P800-, no Argument, remember before last Power Creep similar spec can hit low 90 only and 1 GR103 (my memory correct?) record may get a place in LB. So I open the LB with hope but the lowest record at that moment was already GR110. I think if I can't hit GR120 I don't need to check LB again lol.

thumbs up for no arguments
06/14/2019 05:57 AMPosted by GAMERLANCE
How high GR?

I play on Xbox and run a fairly well equipped tal Rasha meteor mage (about 1500 paragon and have all gear enchanted between 80-95 Cald)

Seem to be hitting a wall at about 108 GR

That normal? We all know what YouTube videos show but for regular everyday players - what lvl are you all hitting a wall at? Lvl GR? What builds?
on one augment and 4-5 ancient about 104 gr,that's all I felt like doing for season and went back to non season.