D4, Isometric or a different view?

General Discussion
Which would you prefer? I saw this in a job posting:

CAMERA DESIGNER - UNANNOUNCED PROJECT (Diablo)

"Experience with isometric cameras."

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/oRs89fwk
Without a doubt Isometric. Honestly can't imagine playing a Diablo game any other way.
Same for me, keep it the same.
Definitely isometric for Diablo 4, but if there is another project in the Diablo universe with an over-the shoulder-camera that gets developed parallel to D4, I also wouldn't mind that.
No need to re-invent the wheel. A non-isometric camera would not be "Diablo".
Haven't we had this thread before? I guess someone else opened the exact same topic a month ago or so.

Work with the Lead Designer and Art Director to create camera sequences and events that blend with gameplay

As I gathered from that link they're talking about a dynamic camera for dramatization when scene requires it; pans, zoom-in, bird-eye, circles, vertical delves, centering... Their engine must be new and capable to handle such motions.
I'd expect an MMO-lite Diablo rather than D4 though, easier and faster to shove it out as a new IP after the Blizzcon announcement. If they want dynamic camera angles to blend with gameplay then this may mean next Diablo gonna work with massive landscapes.
after so many hours with d3, I’d welcome something different, personally. I understand why folks would want isometric though.

Warcraft was always rts, then they switched gears and made an mmo. Who knows, they could do a switch with diablo too...hopefully not to an mmo. I’d prefer a story driven character-centric game.
Personally I want fresh air, I prefer a FPS style D4 like Hellgate London. However, I believe a lot of players cannot accept a ARPG without isometric view ^^.

If D4 developers are smart enough to give me a game that free to switch amongst "Isometric", "3rd Person" and "First Person" views, I will call it a revolution :)
06/19/2019 06:13 PMPosted by Avenge
after so many hours with d3, I’d welcome something different, personally. I understand why folks would want isometric though.

Warcraft was always rts, then they switched gears and made an mmo. Who knows, they could do a switch with diablo too...hopefully not to an mmo. I’d prefer a story driven character-centric game.
And Warcraft RTS fans basically hate them for that. Sixteen years and never got another Warcraft RTS then get a remake because the story was wrecked by 7 or 8 MMO expansions.

If D4 is anything other than ISOMETRIC ARPG then I will not buy. Released ten years from now is also not good. If they want to do something other than isometric, they really need to branch out into another world. Even if it isn't MMO taking up tons of years with many expansions putting the classic game on the back burner for a decade and a half... Starcraft is RTS, Warcraft is now MMO, Diablo is ARPG, if they want to do a third person action adventure story driven RPG it needs to be a different world.
06/19/2019 04:16 PMPosted by Oblivion
Without a doubt Isometric. Honestly can't imagine playing a Diablo game any other way.

Definitely, I really pray they don't f*ck this up with their "creative" ideas.
06/19/2019 06:13 PMPosted by Avenge

If it would be World of Diablo, I don't mind. But for D4 I really hope they keep it the way it was.
The main series games should stay isometric but possible spinoff could be from any camera angle.
What is more concerning is why the job Lead concept artist keeps coming off and back for many month. Years ago, they used to look for various lead creative directors. I wonder how different these 2 are.
In my opinion it is a very difficult position, it requires high artistic and historical knowledge. But I personally like it when they try hard to reach again high standards.
Isometric is the cheapest to code as the assets are already there.

So it will be isometric. Why are you even asking this?
"One ongoing conversation, for example, has been whether to keep the isometric camera angle or use the over-the-shoulder third-person view that was prototyped for Hades. Recent builds of the game have been isometric, like previous Diablo games, according to three people familiar with Fenris, but questions remain over whether that should change."

https://kotaku.com/the-past-present-and-future-of-diablo-1830593195
I'm not too excited about D4 for a very good reason.

The game will be bought by me, but I won't play it much if I don't like it.

I live in the moment and D3 is it!
Probably pays $300k/yr... just enough to be on welfare in CA.
Both.

- Isometric for those who prefer that outdated-af view.

- Third person over-the-shoulder.
Isoemtric only would be nice. I like that games have different concepts and styles, Diablo's style is isometric.
Well, if you imagined playing D3 in first person, just think how !@#$ing crazy it would be. Tons of mobs, all those elite spell effects, I just think Diablo would be too chaotic of a game to try and play in first person.

However, there have been forum threads before that sort of dive into a spin off Diablo game, something like a Dark Souls or Witcher game might be cool.