D4, Isometric or a different view?

General Discussion
need a 2D view of your brain coz theres something wrong...

downvoting... booo!
Should be obivious... How is this even a question? Isometric or its not Diablo game. Looks like people want more WoW influence in Diablo.
Non-isometric would be a death blow to the game, Diablo is an isometric only game, if it's not, then it ain't Diablo
06/19/2019 06:30 PMPosted by WCLee
Personally I want fresh air, I prefer a FPS style D4 like Hellgate London. However, I believe a lot of players cannot accept a ARPG without isometric view ^^.

If D4 developers are smart enough to give me a game that free to switch amongst "Isometric", "3rd Person" and "First Person" views, I will call it a revolution :)

As far as I know, Hellgate London is a RPG with TPP view - that's on a side note.

In my opinion, the switch between cameras can't really be taken seriously, as it would have drastic consequences on gameplay itself. Imagine playing D3 in TPP, surrounded by tons of mobs at all times, mobs who are usually a lot bigger than you - all you would see is glitched textures, a ton of overlapping animations and probably nothing else.

To implement TPP, they would have to reduce density by A LOT for it to even work... but then the game wouldn't be so "actiony" in isometric view, killing one mob at a time. As far as I remember, Diablo game is about killing a lot of stuff at once, groups of mobs... so yeah, here's that.

Of course that's a good idea for some spin-offs in diablo universe, but leave diablo be as it is: if something isn't broken, why change it :)
I hope they keep it the same it would be dumb to change it.
I'd like the same camera as in guild wars - allow pan and zoom and the camera follows the character (stays behind).
Wolcen developers decided not long ago to stick with isometric, be cause it has a lot of advantages and the best overview.
Whatever camera gets the IP sold to a worthy developer.
06/20/2019 12:23 AMPosted by Aleks
06/19/2019 04:16 PMPosted by Oblivion
Without a doubt Isometric. Honestly can't imagine playing a Diablo game any other way.

Definitely, I really pray they don't f*ck this up with their "creative" ideas.

Yeah, let's not get all spaghetti on the wall here.
06/23/2019 04:57 AMPosted by KiWeN
Wolcen developers decided not long ago to stick with isometric, be cause it has a lot of advantages and the best overview.

They removed it because they didn't want to bother optimizing textures when zooming in, especially from alternate angles.

Basically they took the cheap, easy way out and made Wolcen just another garden-variety Diablo-wannabe.
Doesn’t matter. Either view has been done already.

Demon/Dark Souls killed it.

PoE killed it.

D4, we’ll good luck.
I highly doubt they will change the view, especially with POE proving that even today there are many many people who are still totally interested in playing isometric games still. If they ever did do it though they would have to make it an option as it would loose blizzard a ton of money, and we all know how they feel about money amirite? Not to mention i'd imagine it would a huge amount of work and dev time to make it an option to toggle between isometric and maybe a 3rd person view as it would require different texture detail levels and a lot of the tricks they do with an isometric camera would need to be re-done. I would much rather instead of them doing that with the camera give us an option for WASD controls for character movement as sometimes my finger just gets tired from clicking so damn much, but mostly because i've tried to get two friends into diablo and they always complain about the controls and if they offered both types of movement it would definitely net them a decent amount of players .
06/23/2019 06:54 PMPosted by WittyGem
06/23/2019 04:57 AMPosted by KiWeN

They removed it because they didn't want to bother optimizing textures when zooming in, especially from alternate angles.

Basically they took the cheap, easy way out and made Wolcen just another garden-variety Diablo-wannabe.

I mean because of the camera style it's a diablo wanna-be, that's a little foolish to say no? So destiny and call of duty must be trying to be just like each other because of the camera view. There's nothing wrong with a game taking inspiration from a game if they think they can do it better. That's how WoW was made and a countless other amazing games on the market , i honestly don't get your comment here at all it makes zero sense.
06/23/2019 09:24 AMPosted by Exile
Whatever camera gets the IP sold to a worthy developer.

I would have agreed with you when D3 launched , but i diablo 3 is a great game in it's own right it's just not as complex as something like path of exile. They have the best combat to me personally out of any arpg by far and ever since reaper of souls the game for a lot of people is great now it just doesn't receive any content to keep us playing besides seasonal refreshes/themes. I would love for D3 to get content similar to POE even if they had to do microtransactions similar to POE i would be fine with it as long as they didn't price them outrageously like POE .
Well, I believe isometric is outdated as hell and it's just killing potential game could have, but many people are just too attached to isometric view, they can't get out of their comfort zone to imagine something better, so I guess ARPG genre is pretty much doomed by camera itself.
Without a doubt Isometric:
-can't imagine playing a Diablo game any other way.
06/24/2019 11:14 AMPosted by ManiaCCC
Well, I believe isometric is outdated as hell and it's just killing potential game could have, but many people are just too attached to isometric view, they can't get out of their comfort zone to imagine something better, so I guess ARPG genre is pretty much doomed by camera itself.

Guess u never heard of a game called PoE? There are plenty of creative and interresting things that could be done in a D4 game, but doing more dumb and over-experimental stuff that alienates the fanbase certainly wont help at all. You are going to see an EVEN MORE splitted community which is the last thing Blizzard needs right now. (And I honestly thought this was not possible at this point but maybe im wrong.) There just can't be any more drama when it comes to Diablo for now. They need to play it safe. The fact that people even suggest stuff like this just makes me think that PoE is the real Diablo 4 pretty much and it is just going to boost that game even more. If the community is splitted on whether or not Diablo 4 should be isometric or not then expect huge drama cuz you wont be getting both. There is nothing outdated about isometric anyways. Where do people get that idea from? I dont think GGG are discussing whether PoE should be isometric or not now are they?
dragon age inquisition changed ISOMETRIC VIEW!

bad choice the game made a flop, I never buy them...I buy diablo 3 instead

not ISOMETRIC ,not diablo ...!!!!
06/19/2019 04:16 PMPosted by Oblivion
Without a doubt Isometric. Honestly can't imagine playing a Diablo game any other way.

Have you ever played Warframe?
I can easily imagine Diablo in a similar setting.