Buff Req - Hydra

Wizard
For build diversity, I suggest the following buff of legendaries.

1. The Magistrate: Frost Hydra periodically casts Frost Nova and it deals 350-500% increased damage.

2. Serpent's Sparker: Two Hydras can be summoned at once and it deals 350-500% increased damage.
Which has already been suggested several times. It's also on the main 'what skills/fantasy would you like to see used from improving items/skills?' thread from the Community Manager Nevalistis.

However, I will say I think it's definitely a better idea to stick with Frost hydras getting the most love instead of the common request of it simply doing more stacking hydra damage for all. It would be cool to see Frost hydras or even Arcane hydras take center stage instead of the always laggy Mammoth hydras.
we should have something like 4 hydras up
06/14/2019 08:10 PMPosted by MasterJay
It would be cool to see Frost hydras or even Arcane hydras take center stage instead of the always laggy Mammoth hydras.

I would love an arcane build centered around Hydra.
07/01/2019 02:05 PMPosted by storytime42
06/14/2019 08:10 PMPosted by MasterJay
It would be cool to see Frost hydras or even Arcane hydras take center stage instead of the always laggy Mammoth hydras.

I would love an arcane build centered around Hydra.

More likely to get a Firebird's variant with Hydra. Mammoth Hydra is considerably better than the other Hydra runes, imo.
07/01/2019 05:59 PMPosted by Venaliter
More likely to get a Firebird's variant with Hydra. Mammoth Hydra is considerably better than the other Hydra runes, imo.

This is more of an issue with D3 in general. Fire is a base line element across the game. Every class has fire runes, and blizz even endows LoN with options like Cinder Coat, and Mage Fist.

What I would love is for the wiz to truly be masters of the arcane, and Hydra could be a good pick to really emphasise this.

But we are a long ways away from this. It feels like all of the skill, the gear, and the passives to support arcane Hydra is too lack luster.

This is more of an issue with D3 in general. Fire is a base line element across the game. But we are a long ways away from this. It feels like all of the skill, the gear, and the passives to support arcane Hydra is too lack luster.

Interestingly, if Hydra "cast" Arcane Orbs, Triumvirate and Unstable could "buff" it, making it *very* competitive. It would be very, very close to how Maraurder's set functions, but it also feels very Wizard.

You've have Unstable, Triumvirate, and Serpent Sparker stacking multipliers. It might even be a viable LoN build.
07/01/2019 08:55 PMPosted by Venaliter
[quote]
Interestingly, if Hydra "cast" Arcane Orbs, Triumvirate and Unstable could "buff" it, making it *very* competitive. It would be very, very close to how Maraurder's set functions, but it also feels very Wizard.

You've have Unstable, Triumvirate, and Serpent Sparker stacking multipliers. It might even be a viable LoN build.
I thought the same for quite some time and I was always fond of the idea that "Arcane Hydra" could spit out Arcane Orbs... :)

I think I suggested something similar in this post:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20771557136#post-6
...along with some other stuff. The Magistrate is a core item in that idea, so it will be LoN compatible and offer a lot of options for Hydra.
I suggested this nearly two years ago.
11/10/2017 07:09 AMPosted by Oblivion
I'd say give Hydra a new item while buffing the other two pieces.

Serpent Sparker: An extra Hydra can now be summoned, Hydras deal xxx% more damage and attack xx% faster.

The Magistrate: Hydras periodically release a nova (frost nova for ice)or explosion (explosive blast for the other elements) and deal xxx% more damage. Enemies hit by nova or explosion take xx% more damage from caster and hydras.

New item (prob shoulders): Hydras gain the mammoth ruin, breath attack width is increased by 5 yards and enemies hit by hydra are slowed by xx%.

Something along those lines anyway.

Though I'd probably change the shoulders to:
*Having a Hydra active reduces your damage taken by xx% (prob 20-30%) and increase your arcane regeneration by xx%.
[quote]Interestingly, if Hydra "cast" Arcane Orbs, Triumvirate and Unstable could "buff" it, making it *very* competitive. It would be very, very close to how Maraurder's set functions, but it also feels very Wizard.

This is a very interesting idea I had not thought about. Now I want this even more!
07/02/2019 06:46 PMPosted by storytime42
[quote]Interestingly, if Hydra "cast" Arcane Orbs, Triumvirate and Unstable could "buff" it, making it *very* competitive. It would be very, very close to how Maraurder's set functions, but it also feels very Wizard.

This is a very interesting idea I had not thought about. Now I want this even more!

I don't think we'd ever get it. The DH tears and rage would flood the forums and drown out the sun. Plus, you know, "Different classes are different."

It might even be technically challenging to code.
Hydra and mirror images could both use some love. Would be nice if the builds didn’t end up using archons extra multipliers
I don't know if this is helpful, but I was reading the theo gloves increase DPS of hydras. That is sort of the same thing as increasing numbers or damage. You can have in essence 3 hydras with 2 and a 50% increase in speed.