Thorn of Invoker S17 feedback

General Discussion
This build has a lot to improve to be played with metas. It just get benefit from Single Elite (the golden elite which show up alone). Those elites appear on 3-5 minions splitted are very bad.

To get next to balance this build and stuff and to allow Thorn of Invoker to see the sun together with The RGK and metas there are some features could be improved:

Overall improving features

1 - Elite group damage link - When one elite pack on 3-5 minions show up all the damage dealt are linked for all others elite minion from the same elite group you are attacking.

2 - Iron Skin Reflective Skin rune increase thorns amount by 300%. But the 6th bonus from Invoker Set do not proc with this rune. So make it proc.

3 - When you get full augment 100+ a lot of other builds with not one augment deal more damage than you. I have more than 22K strenght and Rift Guardian damage taken from GR 115 on 4-man it's a joke. A Corpse Lance Necro LoN with no one augment on set it kill RG on few seconds while i would delay 1 minute full augmented with lot of hours more played than a necro.

4 - Belt of Trove reduce 50% damage taken but just after 6-8 seconds a bombardment fall on enemy. See necro Dayntee belt it's always activated since one aura curse skill is activated. So when crusader dies it need 6-8 seconds to keep runing to activate this 50% DR before attack a group of packed mob. This time should be reduced for 3-6 seconds or just removed after the first bombardment impact.

5 - Traveler Pledge and Compass Rose should drop with one warranted socket. Nowadays legendary gems are mandatory. So no sense slot do not come.

6 - A lot of elite, Rift Guardians keep walking/running so it reset the Bane of Stricken stack legendary gem. This do not happen with missile builds which attack from far. So for all melee characters (monk+barb+crusader) increase this time before reset or just increase the crusader target attack range.
06/20/2019 08:03 PMPosted by PardalBR
A lot of elite, Rift Guardians keep walking/running so it reset the Bane of Stricken stack legendary gem.

Stacks of Stricken on a mob are never reset. If you hit a mob so that it has 50 stacks of Stricken, no matter how far away it walks, the next time you hit that mob will take the stacks to 51.

Invoker doesn't make a good RGK because a lot of Guardians simply do not spawn sufficient adds for you to rapidly get stacks of the armour's 2-piece bonus Thorns damage.
Belt of the trove buff lasts for 20 seconds and drops every 6 to 8. It is essentially 100% uptime. It casts before you even reach the mob and it auto aims. It’s a 50% DR 100% of the time in battle, no if ands or buts about it. Period end of story.
there are lot of things to improve on invoker:
-sanguinary vambraces are currently useless item, there is no place for them in builds, instead they should make them belt, roll guaranteed attack speed and remove that dumb requirement for bombardment from 4pc set.
-agree on reflective skin, it needs improvement as it is almost useless now
-2pc need rework too, ie increase stacks to 3 seconds, or split stacks depending on blocked stack and attack stack. Main goal is to make you more stacks with attack speed so u can have more stacks in groups
-provoke could negate blind, so blinded enemies would hit you
06/21/2019 01:18 AMPosted by Coco
Belt of the trove buff lasts for 20 seconds and drops every 6 to 8. It is essentially 100% uptime. It casts before you even reach the mob and it auto aims. It’s a 50% DR 100% of the time in battle, no if ands or buts about it. Period end of story.

Compared with other classes it's pretty underbuffed. Necro got 50% DR all time while frailty aura is activated. If you die you have to wait 6-8 seconds while a necro has to wait 0 seconds to fall in a great density pack.

06/21/2019 01:45 AMPosted by sanjuro
there are lot of things to improve on invoker:
-sanguinary vambraces are currently useless item, there is no place for them in builds, instead they should make them belt, roll guaranteed attack speed and remove that dumb requirement for bombardment from 4pc set.
-agree on reflective skin, it needs improvement as it is almost useless now
-2pc need rework too, ie increase stacks to 3 seconds, or split stacks depending on blocked stack and attack stack. Main goal is to make you more stacks with attack speed so u can have more stacks in groups
-provoke could negate blind, so blinded enemies would hit you

Agree. Sanguinary vanbracer could be the item which make the thorns 2 piece proc to 15 while attack a rift guardian to allow it kill rift guardian on high gr. The way it is no match for necro/metas.

And the hack weapon which lost role could hold the stackes for more time and passively increase thorns by 50k. All this to match his lack of speed against pig sticker since the hack it's focused thorn item it should have a role on build. (Both sanguinary and the hack became useless since they are thorns focus item they should do better and useful).
Actually crusader has the advantage in the case of mitigation. Bombardment from the belt activates the Invoker 4 piece bonus passively even from a distance. Necro's belt requires either manually applying a curse or using the aura at very close distance. So the Invoker's mitigation is actually easier to maintain.
06/21/2019 07:20 AMPosted by Kirottu
Actually crusader has the advantage in the case of mitigation. Bombardment from the belt activates the Invoker 4 piece bonus passively even from a distance. Necro's belt requires either manually applying a curse or using the aura at very close distance. So the Invoker's mitigation is actually easier to maintain.

Do you play Necro ? Are you sure ? People play with passive eternal so cursed enemies last forever. So belt always activated. Point.

Well you would never know it. Your necro is outdated you tried used a meta build without the required itens/stats. Your personal experience is very limited since you do not know the most meta thorns necro got aura of frailty and eternal torment activated = this means belt effect always activated. I'm telling about GR 130-150 experience so not your micro-little experience. Telling about end game not your mid game. Well i would not expect more from a 85 gem level guy. Your experience is valid for your own gameplay and your own build sorry, but not for the question i'm pointing out.
06/20/2019 08:03 PMPosted by PardalBR
Traveler Pledge and Compass Rose should drop with one warranted socket.

Warranted?
Still, your complaint about Invoker 4 piece mitigation buff is completely moot. It lasts 20 seconds, the belt activates it every 6-8 seconds passively. There is no down time. There is absolutely nothing that needs a change here. It's effectively up 100% of the time.
06/21/2019 09:37 AMPosted by Kirottu
Still, your complaint about Invoker 4 piece mitigation buff is completely moot. It lasts 20 seconds, the belt activates it every 6-8 seconds passively. There is no down time. There is absolutely nothing that needs a change here. It's effectively up 100% of the time.

I will not arguee with a season with 85 gem level guy. When you build up a thorn invoker and get GR 115-125 so you will have experience enough to share with us. While that it's just theory and not valid and lived experience.
Some people always resort to personal attacks when they can't argue their case.
I don't even read them anymore. Just right to the thumbs down when I see who posted it.
06/21/2019 09:39 AMPosted by PardalBR
I will not arguee with a season with 85 gem level guy.

You have 0 clue what you're talking about.
06/21/2019 11:24 AMPosted by Flansy
I don't even read them anymore. Just right to the thumbs down when I see who posted it.

Enjoy that while you can, we're getting new forums soon.
As the current #1 invoker on NA all your points are pretty horrendous and not well thought out. I’ve cleared 136 in group as well. Stop posting.

Belt of the trove is basically 100% uptime. You can force hold to hit targets from range. The build is viable on certain rgk up to 140. BOS never resets. Don’t ever kill anything other than yellows or certain 3 blue packs. Reflective skin is garbage and always use flash.
06/21/2019 11:33 AMPosted by Masq
06/21/2019 09:39 AMPosted by PardalBR
I will not arguee with a season with 85 gem level guy.

You have 0 clue what you're talking about.

Sure you with your 355 paragon invoker crusader with 0,17,25 rank gems who knows everything. Good luck with your thundergod vigor belt with lightning damage for physical thorns.

You are the master you use reduce all resources on invoker build who just attack. Your clue it's 500k negative haha.

06/21/2019 12:59 PMPosted by itzmewerdy
The build is viable on certain rgk up to 140.

I stopped reading here. Talk is easy come back with one youtube video showing you solo a 140 GR with one thorn crusader which you do not have in your character pool. But make one and come back.
I mean.... you can check the crusader leaderboards lmao. I'm in my farming set but I reset it to my invoker build just for you. Also who said anything about GR 140 solo? I obviously mean as group and I'll for sure get a video of it this season.

I can't tell if you're the greatest troll of all time or just insanely retarded. I mean your build on invoker is 100% wrong anyways. Not sure what you're even talking about.

6. itzmewerdy 123 14m 15.583s Jun 12, 2019 8:07:58 PM (My current clear)

I can't even find you on the leaderboard LMAO.
06/21/2019 01:58 PMPosted by itzmewerdy
6. itzmewerdy 123 14m 15.583s Jun 12, 2019 8:07:58 PM (My current clear)

Very low clear for 2k paragon with full augmented and using gems level 130+ you leved in your zmonk. There are captain america crusader builds with 124 gr clear on 932p with no augment.

You just did proof with this gear you don't have the same conditions from other top builds.
We aren’t talking about LoN bs. We’re talking about invoker. If you want to compare to s16 it’s the highest clear at that paragon missing the 20% from andariels. I’ll do a 126 tn. But again - at least I have some skin in the game. You’re not even top 1K.