Thorn of Invoker S17 feedback

General Discussion
06/21/2019 02:28 PMPosted by itzmewerdy
We aren’t talking about LoN bs. We’re talking about invoker. If you want to compare to s16 it’s the highest clear at that paragon missing the 20% from andariels. I’ll do a 126 tn. But again - at least I have some skin in the game. You’re not even top 1K.

This do not change the fact thorn of invoker is underbuilded compared with necro thorns which make GR 145 almost with insta kill for some GR bosses.

It's statistic. Tell me how many thorn of invoker are on top 4-man group record ? I am waiting you record a video you killing a Rift Guardian up to 140 with this build like you said.
True. I don’t disagree that the meta is broken. I’m just saying I don’t see a large change coming in that area. I mean we probably won’t ever see a wiz rgk or wd or dh or any other class at 145+. I do believe invoker can do 140++ with Hamelin or an add boss such as crusader king.
06/21/2019 02:53 PMPosted by itzmewerdy
True. I don’t disagree that the meta is broken. I’m just saying I don’t see a large change coming in that area. I mean we probably won’t ever see a wiz rgk or wd or dh or any other class at 145+. I do believe invoker can do 140++ with Hamelin or an add boss such as crusader king.

Now you said the truth. "You believe". No fact there.
There are many ways to improve like others have stated. There's an old thread talks about more in depth of the thorns style. What I use is base on that and my own. I've found out the sword I use works very well no matter what gr is as long the damage does it's job. The cube works well.

Even this isn't a seasonal character all one has to do it follow my non seasonal chart it will be good. Couple seasons back I've got the invoker set in season. Once a person ahs the requirements for the build it won't matter who you look on when talking about thorns build for crud.

Here's my character and still working on it. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Wise-1573/hero/95094322

Invoker is still a good build I've seen high gr plays of it and found on the leaderboards. Takes time to figure everything out. It's true after last season the power behind it has drop.
06/21/2019 09:39 AMPosted by PardalBR
I will not arguee with a season with 85 gem level guy.

But you will argue with the US region's top Invoker who says...
    06/21/2019 12:59 PMPosted by itzmewerdy
    As the current #1 invoker on NA all your points are pretty horrendous
    Stop posting.
    06/21/2019 01:58 PMPosted by itzmewerdy
    I mean your build on invoker is 100% wrong anyways.
It's impressive. First you imply that no-one's got enough experience to criticise you and then, when the region's best Invoker steps in to do so, you don't accept his criticism either. Who would you consider taking advice from?
As the current #1 invoker on NA all your points are pretty horrendous and not well thought out. I’ve cleared 136 in group as well. Stop posting.

You never were '#1 NA' with a 123. Stop posting. That's coming from the guy who slept through a 127 and put together nearly every aspect of the current Invoker build, with the exception of 'Flash' rune which only became desirable in season 16.
But I am right now. I’ll lyk when I do a 127 with like 2k less para than you bro. Missed 126 by 10 seconds. Take care sweetie.
06/21/2019 11:19 PMPosted by Meteorblade
06/21/2019 09:39 AMPosted by PardalBR
I will not arguee with a season with 85 gem level guy.

But you will argue with the US region's top Invoker who says...
    As the current #1 invoker on NA all your points are pretty horrendous
    Stop posting.
    06/21/2019 01:58 PMPosted by itzmewerdy
    I mean your build on invoker is 100% wrong anyways.
It's impressive. First you imply that no-one's got enough experience to criticise you and then, when the region's best Invoker steps in to do so, you don't accept his criticism either. Who would you consider taking advice from?

In fairness the quote you use which is "stop posting" has no purpose when it comes for advice of thorns build. It's hypocritical to quote it to use it in your point to OP without saying the same thing to the person you quote from who is doing the same. If OP wants to go by "know your stuff from more experience point of view" OP can and who says OP can't. Like you you have your way of doing things when making a thread. To criticise OP of doing that is rude and can be seen as talking down upon which is against coc. OP doesn't have to accept criticism. Your tone isn't welcome.

There's no obligation when it comes to advice. There's no rules when it comes to seeking higher experience of choice that is fitting to OP which the thread is about. A OP doesn't have to change all because a user want them too while ignoring the thread topic. Reading a thread lets the user know what type of thread and how to approach it when answering. Not all threads is meant for everyone. If users try to pick a fight just to criticise knowing full well what a OP is looking for then that user breaking the rules.
06/22/2019 06:06 AMPosted by itzmewerdy
But I am right now. I’ll lyk when I do a 127 with like 2k less para than you bro. Missed 126 by 10 seconds. Take care sweetie.

My 127 was 3 attempts with 600 ms. Keep reaching shorty.
06/22/2019 06:40 AMPosted by Wise
OP doesn't have to accept criticism.

We don't have to accept his criticisms either.

Given the choice between listening to criticisms from the OP and the region's best player of the build the OP is complaining about, I'm going to listen to the player that clearly knows what they're talking about each and every time.
06/21/2019 12:23 PMPosted by Oblivion
06/21/2019 11:24 AMPosted by Flansy
I don't even read them anymore. Just right to the thumbs down when I see who posted it.

Enjoy that while you can, we're getting new forums soon.

They've been saying that for a year now. At this stage L4D3 will have come out long before those fabled new forums.
06/22/2019 01:49 PMPosted by WittyGem
They've been saying that for a year now. At this stage L4D3 will have come out long before those fabled new forums.

You might want to check the stickied threads at the top of the forum...

Diablo III Forum Migration – This Summer
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20772047024
    06/19/2019 11:03 AMPosted by Nevalistis
    We’re targeting the forum migration to happen between June 24 – July 9th
06/22/2019 01:53 PMPosted by Meteorblade
06/22/2019 01:49 PMPosted by WittyGem

You might want to check the stickied threads at the top of the forum...

Diablo III Forum Migration – This Summer
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20772047024
    06/19/2019 11:03 AMPosted by Nevalistis
    We’re targeting the forum migration to happen between June 24 – July 9th

Yep.