Can we stack monster dmg reducing abilities?

Hardcore
Can we stack monster damage reducing abilities? I'm sure this info is out there but I can't find it. Does a reduction to monster damage from say Wave of force - debilitating force stack with efficacious toxin, or black hole - spellsteal? I suspect of course that there must be some sort of limit on this kind of thing otherwise a few players together could reduce monster dmg to zero without too much effort. So would somebody please let me know exactly how this all works, and if possible how it works with multiple players versus just one player using multiple abilities or at least where I might find the info I'm looking for. Thanks a bunch
You can stack reduce damage abilities but you can't reduce damage to zero, it works the same as cooldown reduction, each ability becomes less effective since they reduce damage as percentage and not a flat amount, for example let's say you will receive 100,000 damage, ability 1 reduces damage by 30% so you receive 70,000, ability 2 reduces damage by 10%, now you receive 63,000, each ability works on the new value and not on the original amount, that's why you can't reach 100% damage reduction.
awesome! thank you so much. Do you happen to know if the same debuff from multiple players still "add up"? like if all four players use efficacious toxin? or if there are any differences to an area effect debuff like slow time?
06/30/2019 12:09 PMPosted by Cody
awesome! thank you so much. Do you happen to know if the same debuff from multiple players still "add up"? like if all four players use efficacious toxin? or if there are any differences to an area effect debuff like slow time?
Efficacious toxin increase damage buff stacks with no penalties and the overtime poison damage is applied individually from each player so does not stack per se but shouldn't suffer any penalties afaik, about debuffs from same abilities they don't stack if they have the same rune or effect, for example slow time slow debuff doesn't apply twice or the speed buff from stretch time doesn't stack, that's why in groups if they have two monks or two necromancers they don't run the same mantra or curse, the effect gets refreshed but not doubled or in some cases like with frailty-aura of frailty the effect doesn't get applied from the second ability, just the first one
Thank you that's good to know. I've been playing around with the idea of making more of a support mage since I'd love to see diablo parties edge toward a more tank dps support style composition rather than we all just go for max damage and this has been very helpful.
Glad to help