Bounty run stories

General Discussion
Here is a fun, typical bounty story (all true) from this morning.

• Joined a seasonal T16 bounty. All were in town, and I was the first to jump to an Act. Halfway through, a 2500 paragon bot (as later determined) joins the same act. So after finishing my run, I jump to a different one.
  • Shortly thereafter, a 500 paragon wiz encounters a goblin pack. Watching notifications, I see that nothing is being killed because he can't handle a T16. I teleport over to him and there are only a few left (after the fourth player, an 850 paragon wiz, jumped in before me and killed a bunch and others escaped). I go back to my runs.
  • Then the 500 paragon wiz abandons that run without finishing it, goes to fight the Skeleton King, and promptly dies three tries in a row. During this time, the bot finishes the act I started so no one else can now join. After failing to handle a T16 boss, the low paragon player leaves.
  • About a minute later, I get a ton of goblin encounter notifications again, this time from the 850 paragon Wiz. I teleport to him to see if it was a bandit shrine. Of course it was, and he never notified anyone. He says, "Wow, so many!" I chastise him saying there is no excuse for not calling the others. He leaves the game without a word.
  • Now it is just the bot and I with more than half of the bounties to complete. Eventually, the bot locks up in a run, leaving me to finish everything. Fun fun.
  • There has to be a better way to do these. And clan mates rarely seem to run them.

Please feel free to share your fun experiences. Can you top this?
    I always leave as soon as I detect a bot. I don't know why you'd frustrate yourself continuing to play with all that happened. I generally do a set of bounties by myself and then invite friends or people from communities to come in and share the caches.
    I had a p750 wiz complain that a bot was wasting his time in t16 bounties that he could barely run without someone holding his hand.
    Well, that story proves that Bots are more effective than most of the players, why all these complains ?
    06/22/2019 09:54 AMPosted by Dante00
    Here is a fun, typical bounty story (all true) from this morning.

• Joined a seasonal T16 bounty. All were in town, and I was the first to jump to an Act. Halfway through, a 2500 paragon bot (as later determined) joins the same act. So after finishing my run, I jump to a different one.
  • Shortly thereafter, a 500 paragon wiz encounters a goblin pack. Watching notifications, I see that nothing is being killed because he can't handle a T16. I teleport over to him and there are only a few left (after the fourth player, an 850 paragon wiz, jumped in before me and killed a bunch and others escaped). I go back to my runs.
  • Then the 500 paragon wiz abandons that run without finishing it, goes to fight the Skeleton King, and promptly dies three tries in a row. During this time, the bot finishes the act I started so no one else can now join. After failing to handle a T16 boss, the low paragon player leaves.
  • About a minute later, I get a ton of goblin encounter notifications again, this time from the 850 paragon Wiz. I teleport to him to see if it was a bandit shrine. Of course it was, and he never notified anyone. He says, "Wow, so many!" I chastise him saying there is no excuse for not calling the others. He leaves the game without a word.
  • Now it is just the bot and I with more than half of the bounties to complete. Eventually, the bot locks up in a run, leaving me to finish everything. Fun fun.
  • There has to be a better way to do these. And clan mates rarely seem to run them.

Please feel free to share your fun experiences. Can you top this?

Playing in season 17:

You beat me for sure. =P The only thing I can come tiny bit close is seeing a royal cow, treasure goblin, and 5 champions coming out of cocoons when open. That was unheard of for me. Playing this game for over 6 years seen nothing like that.

Came across a bug by pointing urzel in the water rifts levels on the second level but he was not there. He's a boss a player have to defeat inside what looks like a cabin attic.
    06/22/2019 02:35 PMPosted by Wise
    Came across a bug by pointing urzel in the water rifts levels on the second level but he was not there. He's a boss a player have to defeat inside what looks like a cabin attic.

Occasionally, a cursed chest event will spawn a boss rather than an elite pack so it's entirely possible to encounter Urzael outside of his normal boss room.
    Wait, you knew a bot was in game and in the same act as you and you continued to do another act?
    Someone encountered a goblin pack? in a bounty?
    This isn't even a good attempt at trolling. 1/10.

Most people running t16 bounties aren't even going to click on a bandit shrine or kill a goblin. They're there for the mats, not for doing early season goblin hunting.
    I run bounties with the DH shadow set. It's so damned fast that I'm sometimes clearing 3 acts before someone clears one.

Got a couple of low paragon players that kept dying over and over during my run. I didn't care and let them stay. The end. That's usually the case but not always.
    Portal to the Vault / Whimseydale opens. Some paragon 2k+ says "we'll run that after bounties"
    Every one leaves after bounties
    Me: Where was that damn portal? :(
    06/23/2019 08:17 AMPosted by TrvAix
    Portal to the Vault / Whimseydale opens. Some paragon 2k+ says "we'll run that after bounties"
    Every one leaves after bounties
    Me: Where was that damn portal? :(
    Had someone says he had a cow level portal pop up.
    The other said :no it's a waste of time, you are here for bounties.
    Me: I said screw you I did my 5-6 bounties--piss off
    He got pissy and tried to vote kick and failed then he continued to piss and moan

If I didn't go in there I wouldn't have gotten my ancient boots that almost rolled perfect.Portals are there for gear like anywhere else with so many cows tagged all at once you are bound to get something good. What do you get with bounty bag 6-7 rolls on a crappy lego that will probably roll worse than before? Besides cow levels are a fun distraction sometime ,so why not have some fun with your chores.

this same guy continued popping in on other players on various locations checking to see if stuff was being done.
    06/22/2019 05:36 PMPosted by Ratzaputz
    Wait, you knew a bot was in game and in the same act as you and you continued to do another act?
    Someone encountered a goblin pack? in a bounty?
    This isn't even a good attempt at trolling. 1/10.

Most people running t16 bounties aren't even going to click on a bandit shrine or kill a goblin. They're there for the mats, not for doing early season goblin hunting.
    LOl I have a bad habit of clicking all shrines without looking what it is because I wear nemesis for more dbs.