Each pet should give secondary affix bonus

General Discussion
Good idea:

Each pet should give secondary affix bonus while equipped.

Each pet could have their own pecculiarity. They could be (each pet has one different affix but just the equipped pet enable one - if u have all pet so it not stacked unequipped pets):

So here it's a secondary affix bonus list each pet could have one of them:

+ 20 hatred / + 20 wrath / + 20 mana / + 20 essence.

or

+ 10% movement speed / + 250 physical or elemental resist / + 2 gold and health globe pick yard / health globes heal 10k more / 5% damage reduce / +10% gold drop / + 8000 thorns.

It's a very low addition but it would be nice.
06/26/2019 04:40 AMPosted by PardalBR
Good idea

Nope.
Damn, I'm going to miss the down-vote button.
How many pets are there? Are they available to all players (veterans and newcomers)?

New idea for Pardal: How about wings actually made you able to fly?
MAKE FERRETS GREAT AGAIN!!!
Pets are cosmetics, let’s leave them there please.
06/26/2019 04:47 AMPosted by Meteorblade
Good idea

Nope.

What is wrong with the idea? The pet having a single bonus would be nice. Especially if it's settable like in paragon. I would add main stats also. I would love one extra 8% off CD or similar. Or a 12.5. Maybe they can have jems affixed to them instead and it could be like a helmet or something. Lets pretend the pets wear helms and we get the bonus remotely. 8)

My flying skull could get an extra gem. Maybe if it's like a 4th cube slot and gives a free item also that is like a third free item slot of your choice and they run around with it and look goofy. It could be visual and benefit your character. Eventually they will need to increase difficulty. So, maybe a future looking option for when/if they advance past GR150 or something.

If they are just a flyable item slot and don't fight it's not really a big deal. Then it's balanced as you have to get the item for them. It might not have then benefit of auto max stat for any extra power it has like the cube. You have to find one with max items and the only stats that count are stated special powers, and maybe gems. Although I guess the pet could have a power like he said also or a free extra stat. That would be nice. One single stat would be good for everyone. Just make it modable so everyone can get the same thing and which pet doesn't matter.

The idea would be for raising powers to get higher GR for all classes.

Only limitation might be that flying skulls can't have weapons and only wear helms or something like that. Or small creatures can't carry double sized weapons or something odd.(unless they just chibi the weapons visually) Or maybe not rings.

I would say no ring/amulets though. So only first and second slot items. Or only items with visuals to them. Then it's unique even beyond being a cube slot. And more restricted.

Rules:

Wearable item:

1. Must be an item with a visual.
2. Will only get the benefit from stats that would be benefited from a cube slot.(special abilities)
3. Can potentially also get benefit from a jewel?!(maybe only for unusual future additions like from Diablo 2 like expansion content.)
4. Benefits are as is on the item and not maxed automatically like a cube slot.
5. Possible restrictions based on pet if it has hands or if it could carry the weapon or weapon type. Not necessarily needed as we could pretend with funny little weapons and invisible hands. But a potential consideration.
6. The item naturally doesn't gain wear from your death as the pet never takes damage or engages in combat.

Pet Stat:
1. Pets gain the ability to have one stat. Main or secondary.
2. It could be modified for money at the enchanter and literally cost more money as you change it out.(Maybe a slower ramp up cost though. But one per pets lifetime. Or it resets once per month or season.)
3. This single stat would be a special type with access to all or most primary/secondary options, also making it harder to change as it has a wider pool of options to choose from.
06/26/2019 05:46 AMPosted by Orrion
Pets are cosmetics, let’s leave them there please.

Exactly. The same goes for any other cosmetics, they are just cosmetics.

I wouldn't mind if pets picked up crafting mats but any kind of stat boost, no matter how miniscule, is still unnecessary power creep.
The problem with pets having buffs is that you will only see the meta pet... instead of variety.
06/26/2019 06:21 AMPosted by Ziplex
The problem with pets having buffs is that you will only see the meta pet... instead of variety.

Good call. It's good this discussion so we can think ideas to surpass possible problems. For this problem:

Possible solutions discussion

1 - We could allow each active pet affix bonus buff could be used for one amount of time per day. (example 1-3h after that this affix enter on 24h delay). [This promote a daily regular play - and other non meta pets being used for those play more time].

2 - Each pet active affix bonus would have a permanent day. Example The Cow Pet secondary affix bonus just activate on sunday. (And each week these day could to rotate so those players just play friday and weekends would try new experiences) [This promote to avoid meta pets issues].

3 - The pet secondary affix bonus last 24h. After that you need to drop from menagerist globin that pet again. So same you have the pet it will drop and when you use you will refresh the 24h secondary affix bonus. (This give hyp for those already have all pets and feel no rewarding killing menagerist).

4 - Pet secondary bonus buff work for x time. After that you need to recharge with a gem of level 50 or above. (or to be fair each level gem correspond to pet bonus buff for 2 minutes so level 50 gem would active for 100 minutes). [This solve extreme end-player gamer problems with a solution and motive to level gems - and it's easy for begin players to level gems to 50 so it's win-win].

06/26/2019 06:06 AMPosted by Aital
What is wrong with the idea? The pet having a single bonus would be nice.

Yeah. Thanks. Game need some GR sinergy.

Sure the secondary affixes are just one idea, devs could apply other stuffes too. They just need creativity and one core suggest point. But your idea to add a gem for pet it would be nice too. I bet they could give us the armory gem buff.

06/26/2019 05:17 AMPosted by Jazz
How many pets are there? Are they available to all players (veterans and newcomers)?

New idea for Pardal: How about wings actually made you able to fly?

Wings need to change the game core so not appliable. There are a bunch of pet on game avaiable for everyone.

But they could to create the Wings Potions (after you use it's like you would be fliing so ground damage do not hit you for 8 seconds - sentry arcane/poison pool/lightning rays).
He's on a rampage. Unstoppable.
Good call. It's good this discussion so we can think ideas to surpass possible problems.

The problem I see is these daily posted bad ideas.
A possible solution would be for you to have a few days off.
3 - The pet secondary affix bonus last 24h.

This sounds like a way of monetization. I'm always in for customizing the characters but through cosmetic pets sound way pushing it.
Good idea

Nope.

Make the most use of it while ya can! he/she is giving good reasons to, after all!
Cosmetic pets need no additional functions than what they already have.
06/26/2019 12:45 PMPosted by naksiloth
This sounds like a way of monetization. I'm always in for customizing the characters but through cosmetic pets sound way pushing it.

Sure i agree. Pet it's just a name. All this idea could be applied for follower why not? There are so many other things could be applied. Do not attain to the idea concept. That is just a personalization a tweak for each character works differents one from other. If the guy used the meta "pet/follower" thursday so he would not play with that friday so differents personalization would be met with different players.

And on top of that. Sure pet is just one idea. But if they decide up to. Just apply the rule: All pet events would not have secondary affix bonus. So just in-game pets would be benefited to avoid p2w feature.
06/26/2019 01:14 PMPosted by PardalBR
All this idea could be applied for follower why not?

I'd be okay with that.

06/26/2019 01:14 PMPosted by PardalBR
If the guy used the meta "pet/follower" thursday

We currently have a Follower meta anyway. It's Templar or Enchantress equipping Unity or Wyrdward with Oculus ring and use Thunderfury or Azurewrath. So I wouldn't worry about one Follower becoming meta at all.

So just in-game pets would be benefited to avoid p2w feature.

I just said it sounded like monetization because it sounded like a make-way for such feature. Not because it had any micro-transaction suggested in it. Sorry if I confused you.
06/26/2019 01:24 PMPosted by naksiloth
We currently have a Follower meta anyway. It's Templar or Enchantress equipping Unity or Wyrdward with Oculus ring and use Thunderfury or Azurewrath. So I wouldn't worry about one Follower becoming meta at all.

One ring to counter oculus would be when your follower strike the first hit on one elite it reduce all you skills cooldown by 10 seconds. It's other shape from damage so it would compete with oculus. This way becoming oculus "less" meta.

There are a lot of ring variants they could make to counter/compete with meta oculus:

1 - While enemies above 85% HP you deal 100% more damage.
2 - While enemies below 30% HP you deal 50% more damage.

Etc. Sure the numbers are just to clarify/illustrate the idea not tested the best balance number.
i hope once the forums change over and we can no longer downvote idiotic posts into oblivion, we can all just stop replying to them at all, so the devs dont get the mistaken idea they are good ideas.

Resist the urge to feed the troll.
Cracked out. Bad ideas, one and all.
Good idea

Nope.

Mee too. OP is an easy target