Each pet should give secondary affix bonus

General Discussion
I could lean toward each pet giving a small bonus that all stacks, basically encouraging people to find them. However, it'd also require a tweak to seasons so people don't start with them. Basically maybe half of what p800 offers without touching mainstat bloat. Would add a touch more flexibility to builds, particularly if something like 5% cooldown is enough to negate its need in a gear slot.

But a 1 pet, 1 buff only system is not something I'd get behind. It'd just worsen that feeling of the one you're after for meta not dropping, while we still have the issue of the open world not being competitive with GRs despite the recent T16 addition.
06/26/2019 03:33 PMPosted by Saidosha
I could lean toward each pet giving a small bonus that all stacks, basically encouraging people to find them. However, it'd also require a tweak to seasons so people don't start with them. Basically maybe half of what p800 offers without touching mainstat bloat. Would add a touch more flexibility to builds, particularly if something like 5% cooldown is enough to negate its need in a gear slot.

But a 1 pet, 1 buff only system is not something I'd get behind. It'd just worsen that feeling of the one you're after for meta not dropping, while we still have the issue of the open world not being competitive with GRs despite the recent T16 addition.

Yeah for this the debate is important. This system you propposed would make players to go after all pets. It would be very good too, small stats wich stack, i loved it. Make it blizz.
06/26/2019 04:47 AMPosted by Meteorblade
Damn, I'm going to miss the down-vote button.

Ditto, won't be the same without it.
06/26/2019 04:40 AMPosted by PardalBR
Good idea:

Your whole argument fell apart in the first 2 words. Pets are cosmetic. They are there to allow players a small bit of customization. Giving them different bonus's would force players to only use the 'meta' pet as others have stated. There are certain pets I really like. I do not want to be in a position where I am forced to use a pet I do not like because of some bonus I get from it.

Rather than come up with these crazy ideas that will only add more useless power creep into the game, it would be better to come up with some ideas that first fix this game, then adds something new and different to the game. By the way, more power creep is neither new nor different.

06/26/2019 04:47 AMPosted by Meteorblade
Nope.
Damn, I'm going to miss the down-vote button.

The sad part is, with no down-vote, the dev's are going to see one of the 100's of crazy Pardal threads with its 2-3 up-votes, add it to the game as a "new feature" (because power creep is simple to implement), then when the community is outraged, they can use the defense "We scoured the forums and this idea got positive feedback!".
I don't understand why people don't like this. I can understand disagreeing with it but this is beyond ridiculous. it's just ganging up on people and childish. It's a fantastic idea in practice. It would help with the random nature of the games stats. If you can control it and change it especially it could help with trying to get your perfect equipment. And in the end can add a little on the top of any build. It's a really good idea potentially. Especially if they plan to add to the game later. If not still extremely useful.

You can get past the whole problem of them just being cosmetic by allowing any stat to be picked. Or have them wear helms or something like a 4th cube slot or something odd. If the items don't engage in combat it's just a new slot.

One simple stats, in this case a secondary, does not add power creep. The OP only suggested a secondary stat. Something almost worthless but potentially useful in odd situations. You guys get bent out of shape at every suggestion. It's pathetic.

Solo can't even get to 140 atm. There is room for expansion. And there will be more room if they ever bump it to 200GR max. This idea in general is perfect for it as it uses a current in game item. And it can be done in many ways depending on what version you look at. It's a free item slot or stat.

06/26/2019 06:21 AMPosted by Ziplex
The problem with pets having buffs is that you will only see the meta pet... instead of variety.

Again, you can always make it neutral so the pet doesn't matter specifically. There are a lot of ways to implement something like this.

People could apply a little imagination and thought before blasting people for putting up a suggestion. Thinking about what you are saying does wonders.
Rather than come up with these crazy ideas that will only add more useless power creep into the game, it would be better to come up with some ideas that first fix this game, then adds something new and different to the game. By the way, more power creep is neither new nor different.

Tell me more about the 2 last D3 seasons theme. Everything and different and new you proppose could be added they bring powercreep (see last features caldesamn, kanai cube, legendary gems, unity ring, paragons, ancient, primal, meta sets and legendary powers, season buffs, etc). All of them bring huge power creep. They was the most sucessfull season themes. (Ring of Royal Grandeur and LoN free buff. Or be eitherthing bring powercreep. And players like it otherwise these last 2 season would be fiasco which did not). Don't you like the feature ? Just don't use it. If you don't like powercreep just play without to use kanai cube, legendary gems or what else you judge to be a power creep.

So again i say. All players ask no more power creep they do not represent the majority gameplay from diablo 3. I ignore all D3 cornflakes answer because of that. You are minority and devs know how toxic forum is but they know to recognize a good idea by themselves. They do not need trolls saying what is good or not. If they listenned forum toxicity they would have removed all power creep from the game (caldesamn, kanai cube, legendary gems, unity ring, paragons, ancient, primal, meta sets and legendary powers, season buffs). See this season buff allowed players to climb GR 150 easily into one week and people loved it. They think don't you like it ? You can just play without use it. Not required to use nobody forcing you to use just don't. :)

06/26/2019 06:31 PMPosted by Aital
I don't understand why people don't like this. I can understand disagreeing with it but this is beyond ridiculous. it's just ganging up on people and childish. It's a fantastic idea in practice.

Thanks. And the motive is highlighted on my text above. :D
06/26/2019 06:31 PMPosted by Aital
I don't understand why people don't like this. I can understand disagreeing with it but this is beyond ridiculous. it's just ganging up on people and childish. It's a fantastic idea in practice.

It's a terrible idea. Players that have been playing for years will have huge numbers of cosmetic pets, giving them an immediate advantage over newer players. Also, what about exclusive pets that were obtained for collector's editions, Blizzcons, purchases of other games, and so on? Would it be fair that pets that are no longer obtainable might have affixes that are superb? What would stop them selling new pets for IRL cash that have improved affixes?

People don't like this idea because it's bad. We're not ganging up on the OP, we're just bored of seeing yet more bad ideas being proposed by him almost every single day.
06/26/2019 03:35 PMPosted by PardalBR
06/26/2019 03:33 PMPosted by Saidosha

Yeah for this the debate is important. This system you propposed would make players to go after all pets. It would be very good too, small stats wich stack, i loved it. Make it blizz.

See, here’s my issue with that -

I don’t care about pets in this game.

Changing them to have a stacking buff or a permanent stat boost means I now have to hunt down cosmetic items - because you’ve made them more than cosmetic.

I don’t even like the gold pickup, but at least that’s universal and it doesn’t particularly matter which pet I have out - and that’s how it should be.
The list of foolish power add ons is endless. Your banner could add main stat or area damage, your portrait frame add magic find, wings could add attack speed.... and cosmic wings add 50% elite damage, dyes of different color could add crit damage, transmogs could add other stats, followers could.....
<span class="truncated">...</span>

See, here’s my issue with that -

I don’t care about pets in this game.

Changing them to have a stacking buff or a permanent stat boost means I now have to hunt down cosmetic items - because you’ve made them more than cosmetic.

I don’t even like the gold pickup, but at least that’s universal and it doesn’t particularly matter which pet I have out - and that’s how it should be.

Again, they can hypothetically make it so any pet can have any buff. Just like with how you can change one stat on an item now however you want. They could even keep the increase in money over time or similar. What you are complaining about would only happen in one set of implementations. It does not have to be an issue.

Many many games in the past have implemented this type of feature where a class with a summon could put stuff on their summon/pets or similar other concepts. It always worked out great. And as pets are universal..

Didn't we used to have the abilit to stick items on our golems. This was a big part of diablo once. And it was supposed to evolve and become more complicated. It should have been a feature in this game and not something to argue about. It's a missing feature of the game already. I would like my classes unerfed personally.

the ability to give my entire pet/summon should have been in game in beta and never removed. It needs to be put in to all items. It was a fun feature back in dialbo 2.

I used to play nothing but necros. Now necros suck. I want my necros back! This means all missing features. It's a bad sign I play only wizard in this game. I'm a diehard necro lag freak. I want my army of skeletons make their servers melt again!!! And not from stupid area damage. I'm tired of watching all my favorite stuff retrogress in qaulity and complexity. What happens to the ambition of game design. I'm sick and tired of the retrogressions in all games. It's like the people who make them now never played back then or something...

We need to make games as complex as possible again and with as much ambition as possible again to leave something for future generations.
They won't do this. Even if it was well received.

Just look at what they did to WoW's mounts. There used to be a couple that had special abilities, which they are now homogenising and allowing you to select the ability via a new UI, which is then enabled on any mount.

All because just about everyone used the usefull ones exclusively.

Which is what will happen here if pets had passive buffs.
06/26/2019 09:57 PMPosted by Meteorblade
It's a terrible idea. Players that have been playing for years will have huge numbers of cosmetic pets, giving them an immediate advantage over newer players. Also, what about exclusive pets that were obtained for collector's editions, Blizzcons, purchases of other games, and so on?

Well you did not read all my post. You rush downvote without to read. I said all event and promotional pets would have not one secondary affix bonus buff effect. They would do nothing.

06/26/2019 09:57 PMPosted by Meteorblade
Players that have been playing for years will have huge numbers of cosmetic pets, giving them an immediate advantage over newer players.

Not true too. They could to just activate secondary affix bonus buff when the each player drop a pet again to activate it. So it's win-win.

06/27/2019 12:11 AMPosted by Aital
Again, they can hypothetically make it so any pet can have any buff. Just like with how you can change one stat on an item now however you want. They could even keep the increase in money over time or similar. What you are complaining about would only happen in one set of implementations. It does not have to be an issue.

True.

06/27/2019 01:35 AMPosted by Jay
All because just about everyone used the usefull ones exclusively.

You did not read all my answers. I gave some solutions for this. One of them it's each pet could be used for a limited a time this is one from other five solutions i gave.
06/27/2019 02:16 AMPosted by PardalBR
this is one from other five solutions i gave.

You're coming up with potential solutions to a problem that you want to introduce.
A better solution is to not introduce the problem in the first place.
Didn't we used to have the abilit to stick items on our golems. This was a big part of diablo once. And it was supposed to evolve and become more complicated. It should have been a feature in this game and not something to argue about. It's a missing feature of the game already. I would like my classes unerfed personally.

Eh not exactly.
You couldn't necessarily equip or stick items on your golems. You were however, able to sacrifice metal equipment to summon an iron golem that'd retain some of said equipment property, which for some players added an additional touch of customization to the game.

the ability to give my entire pet/summon should have been in game in beta and never removed. It needs to be put in to all items. It was a fun feature back in dialbo 2.

That's something class specific you should be asking for, cosmetic pets shouldn't receive such treatment.
06/27/2019 02:24 AMPosted by Meteorblade

You're coming up with potential solutions to a problem that you want to introduce.

It depend from each opinion. A lot players would say vanilla it's better than d3 ros because it did bring a lot of problems instead solutions. So it's the same thing. All new stuff bring problems and sometimes the solutions just arrive up with time.

If you will think for this way so they would not update any build more because it would bring several problems like it does happen each time they did it.
06/27/2019 02:33 AMPosted by PardalBR
If you will think for this way so they would not update any build more because it would bring several problems like it does happen each time they did it.

I've lost count of how many up-votes I've given to the recent Barbarian "wishlist" thread so it's not like I'm not against all changes. It's just that seemingly every change you propose isn't good.
06/26/2019 12:29 PMPosted by Jazz
He's on a rampage. Unstoppable.

The new forums better COMPLETELY hide the threads of ignored users.
06/27/2019 02:24 AMPosted by Meteorblade

This.

My point was, why would they implement something here, they decided to remove over there?

Honestly though, why do you need another source of power? The game has a finite ceiling which has been reached, and while a lot of people have/will not reach it (me included), the games current mechanics allow it to be acheived.

With enough time/effort it will happen. The only question is.. can one be bothered?
06/27/2019 03:58 AMPosted by Jay
Honestly though, why do you need another source of power? The game has a finite ceiling which has been reached, and while a lot of people have/will not reach it (me included), the games current mechanics allow it to be acheived.

See season buffs. It's not compared with this. This feature i said would not help not 1 high GR progress increase. On contrary from season buffs they jumped from 125 to 150 on a week.