D4: Blizz, don’t do it

General Discussion
Sorry folks, I’d rather see a brand new ARPG than another D title made by the creators of D3 and DI. Time to move on y’all
Wolcen, Last Epoch, there you go.

Personally I'm losing hope and interest in Wolcen, high hopes for Last, curious to see what D4 will be.
06/20/2019 04:58 PMPosted by PowerCosmic
Sorry folks, I’d rather see a brand new ARPG than another D title made by the creators of D3 and DI. Time to move on y’all

Well its good to know you dont speak for the collective. If you dont like the game , go play something else. Dont have to preach you dont like it
06/20/2019 05:03 PMPosted by spacecadet13

Personally I'm losing hope and interest in Wolcen, high hopes for Last, curious to see what D4 will be.

… Haven't we been hearing about Last Epoch for like 5 years? I'd think you should be losing hope in that by now.
06/20/2019 05:03 PMPosted by spacecadet13

Warframe... some kinda mutant game/thing with many ARPG qualities. Anyone good at Diablo games will rip Warframe apart because they really know how to farm for stuff and are used to RNG. Plus it has a neat lore and some fun story quests! But yeah... it certainly doesn't hold your hand. You have to figure almost everything out yourself.

Personally, I'm losing hope on the Diablo series, but I still check to see if anything new develops!
Well then, why don't you go ahead and move the hell on, and stop coming here to cry.
Problem I have with D4 is, since history repeats it’ll be nothing like D1/D2 because we already have PoE. Therefore, D4 will be another D3 with better graphics.
People just love the idea of killing Skeleton King, Butcher and Diablo for the fourth time I believe. I wonder if they have a good scenery to raise Skeleton King from the dead again.
06/21/2019 08:36 PMPosted by naksiloth
People just love the idea of killing Skeleton King, Butcher and Diablo for the fourth time I believe. I wonder if they have a good scenery to raise Skeleton King from the dead again.

Inb4 d4 SK in weknowyoutotalyhatedwhimsyshirebutweputleoricthereanyways
06/21/2019 08:33 PMPosted by PowerCosmic
Problem I have with D4 is, since history repeats it’ll be nothing like D1/D2 because we already have PoE. Therefore, D4 will be another D3 with better graphics.

... Shouldn’t D3 have been like D2 if history repeats?
06/21/2019 09:09 PMPosted by Orrion

Woosh...guess you never played D3

It will be like D3 because sales figures say so and they already demonstrated that with D:I. "Oh hey but Diablo Immortal is a mobile game", yeah. Also it supposed to be something between Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 according to story line; yet, when I look at it I only see Diablo 3 copied on mobile.

I remember that. They really hated it when they were told that the broad audience was the target.
They cant do worst than D3 so I would give them a chance.They learned their mistake with d3 and they can only do better with d4 hopefully.
06/22/2019 05:36 AMPosted by Mpower122
They learned their mistake with d3

When you look at the Diablo Immortal, can you tell me again if they learnt their mistake? Also D3 got them billions and hit it up to the most sold games, why do you think they gonna take a "risk" by ignoring the algorithm, statistics and figures? Looking that D:I is PG-rated right now, it's hard to believe they learnt anything.

You believe such thing 'cuz media articles said so? Just to ring a bell, those projects supposed to have a direction way before those interviews made. Those project or projects allegedly gonna replicate D3 just like D:I because D3 got the most sales all over the world. If what they said holds any weight then I reckon they changed the direction on their art department for a gothic virtue.
06/22/2019 07:28 AMPosted by naksiloth
When you look at the Diablo Immortal, can you tell me again if they learnt their mistake?

Well, yes. They learned the AH model is a no-go, they learned mobile platforms allow for greater (and wicker) profits at the expense of game integrity (alien concept to the audience)... and finally they realized it's time to 'produce' (outsource) for the Chinese and kiss their loyal fan-base goodbye.
I don't think they care about anything else.
06/21/2019 09:30 PMPosted by PowerCosmic

Woosh...guess you never played D3

Played it more than you.
While I've moved on back to StarCraft II and Overwatch, I would die to see the return of the druids in a new Diablo. Perhaps even we could see possible corruption from some of the Nephalim too.

The wild wizards creating some power hungry cult that sudues and controls demons or many of the loosed magcial creatures seen before and splinters from them doing ever more or fighting among themselves. Reckless use of their power. The return of the barbarians perhaps as noble warriors. Good and bad driuds, some combating with barbarians in conquest or defense of nature. Forged alliances and fueds among many of the humans and Nephalim!

There's all sorts of possibilities!
It all comes down to whether Blizzard wants to make a game for the Diablo 2 veterans, or if Blizzard wants maximum money by targeting the broadest audience by making another Diablo 3 with non-existent customization, Disney characters & storyline, cartoon atmosphere, and uninspired itemization.

If it's the latter, then any suggestions made in the last 5 years is a complete waste of time and energy.