Greater Rift 120 club.

General Discussion
Actually there is a little something wrong with being a braggart. I mean, it could be taken as just stating a fact but to many folks, to not be seen as a braggart the fact should also come with a story.

Congrats, you beat 120, that's great. What would have been better would be to tell folks how you did it, preferably in an entertaining way.

Something like...

"I was running a Grift 120 and got the Festering Wood Map as the first lay out. The mobs were the big lacuni's and Unburied with a few cultist spread through. I cleared half the map and came to my first pylon, a conduit. A mess of mobs followed to me to the pylon and there were two elites nearby. Of course, I had Nemesis Bracer's on and ton's of area damage on my gear. Between my meteors, the pylon, the nearby elites, and the regular mobs that followed me, I wound up with half the progress bar filled from the mob melt fest.

A short distance away, another pylon spawned, this one a Power. I took note and went a little further and found a good sized group of whites and an elite pack and a little beyond that was a second elite, so I led the mobs to that second elite, teleported back for the power pylon and about 20 seconds later, everything was dead and the progress bar was just over 80% filled.

I hit the second map and it's Field of Eternity with maggot broods and the big spiders. A few kills later I found a Channeling Pylon so I led some of the spiders to it and I clicked on it. Of course it spawned the Fallen Overlord with the fallen hounds. Two meteors later, all the mobs were dead, didn't even have to pick up the progress orbs to spawn the Grift Guardian. Went through two cycles of Archon and Versalius was dead.

I almost thought I'd have to abandon the grift when he spawned but decided to chance it and with just 15 seconds to spare, my new personal best was met."

Yeah, that would have been entertaining and you still would have been able to bang your own drum for a bit instead of just coming off as just bragging.
06/29/2019 05:53 PMPosted by Ratzaputz
06/29/2019 04:19 PMPosted by Bassdude
Based on some people indicating to me after I posted that there are a few people that achieved above 120 and their gems to 150 without one iota of help from anyone;
- To those people that achieved 120+ solo and 150 gems without the slightest assistance, you deserve whatever accolades in praise you get, sincerely. You are the true great players of this game, rather than clogging up this thread replying to each person.
Yes team play is great for comradeship, but for true skill denomination, it is only when solo does that show how good the player is.

That would be a lot of runs for someone to get a gem to 150 doing solo. Isn't that like a 1% chance to upgrade?

That would be impossible. You have a 1% chance to upgrade your gems until they are 16 levels higher than the GR you are running.

In order to have 150 level gems, you would have to be running 134 solos or above.

That would be a lot of runs for someone to get a gem to 150 doing solo. Isn't that like a 1% chance to upgrade?

That would be impossible. You have a 1% chance to upgrade your gems until they are 16 levels higher than the GR you are running.

In order to have 150 level gems, you would have to be running 134 solos or above.

According to these forums for the last few years, it seems a LOT of people are quite happy to have a 1% chance at upgrading and do it regularly. I wouldn't but a lot do it seems. Many seem to have success with it.
06/25/2019 11:33 AMPosted by TrvAix
If you have cleared 120+ solo this season, you're an official member of the GR 120 club.
I cleared a 123 solo! Which is actually higher than my previous personal best for 4 player from past seasons lol.

Personally I don't call getting carried in a 4 person team an achievement even worth mentioning let alone brag about it
06/25/2019 01:39 PMPosted by Bassdude
I think anyone that beats their personal best should feel a sense of achievement.
However, in saying that - What I'd really like to see is someone who plays in no groups, no metas who got over 120+ in pure solo mode with no help and their gems to 150 without one single person helping them, especially considering the leaders all seem to be in the 130's these days.

Now that would be something worth bragging about.

now that you say that, I did it. - easily...
but 1) that's nothing to brag about and 2) chantodo overbuffed obviously so this comment would also depend on what class you're playing...