Any chance for this season's theme to go perma?

General Discussion
Just wondering... This season's non-set set bonus, which eliminates the LoN ring set is fantastic, imo. Some of the coolest speed farming variants become available.

Devs, please, please, make this a permanent feature of Diablo 3.
It makes too much sense that it should have been implemented since day 1. A set that gets rid of the need for sets, see the contradiction there?

Just make it innate that if you wear any ancients/primals you get certain portion of the buff, wear full ancient gear and you get the full buff without having to wear LoN rings. Assign something else for the LoN rings, like ability to use other class skills for a certain period of time.

Grinding for all ancients takes time. Takes much further time to grind for ancient gear that have optimal rolls. Unless you are a no lifer, that cannot be done in a season.
All of the seasonal themes that are done are not going to become permanent afterwards, imo. What would be the point of having the themes repeat if they were permanent? Even gamers like me need to have a life. The point is, no seasonal theme, past, present, and future, should be made permanent in NS.
06/25/2019 06:50 PMPosted by DiabloVern
The point is, no seasonal theme, past, present, and future, should be made permanent in NS.

This one should. For non-seasons and all future seasons.

Even with the open ring slots, LON is by and large still behind the power of 6pc sets, but is far more viable and therefore enjoyable. More build variety across both modes, what's not to like? Coincide it with an NS era reset.
No & nope.

This isn't PoE where all the garbage keeps getting lumped into the game. Season themes and buffs should and will stay where they belong - in seasons.
06/25/2019 07:15 PMPosted by spacecadet13
06/25/2019 06:50 PMPosted by DiabloVern
The point is, no seasonal theme, past, present, and future, should be made permanent in NS.

Even with the open ring slots, LON is by and large still behind the power of 6pc sets, but is far more viable and therefore enjoyable. More build variety across both modes, what's not to like? Coincide it with an NS era reset.

No it shouldn’t.

I can think of at least a couple valid reasons why any of the themes thus far should be made permanent.

But the fact is that they’re Seasonal themes, and that’s that.

Now, if there were actual content like D2 boss events or a new crafting system or something, then yes, those would be good things to make permanent. Otherwise, though, I’m not in favor.

I mean, if we want to fix LoN, then let’s fix LoN.. not apply the Seasonal band aid.
06/26/2019 09:45 AMPosted by Orrion
I mean, if we want to fix LoN, then let’s fix LoN.. not apply the Seasonal band aid.

What's the fix for LoN? Making it default and opening up the ring slots. Oh, wait...
06/26/2019 10:30 AMPosted by spacecadet13
What's the fix for LoN? Making it default and opening up the ring slots. Oh, wait...

For a simpleton - yes. Try a little harder.
06/26/2019 10:30 AMPosted by spacecadet13

I guess if you’re satisfied with a bare handful of LoN combinations being useful, sure, whatever.
06/25/2019 06:19 PMPosted by Etelen
Just wondering... This season's non-set set bonus, which eliminates the LoN ring set is fantastic, imo. Some of the coolest speed farming variants become available.

Devs, please, please, make this a permanent feature of Diablo 3.

I would agree if you say it just for non season. For new season new themes. So maybe one day after many season it come back.
I was in favor of making the double Goblin buff permanent; I was in favor of making the double Bounty Cache buff permanent; I was in favor of making the Ring of Royal Grandeur buff permanent; and I am in favor of making the Legacy of Nightmares buff permanent. Spoiler alert: I will also be in favor of making Season 18's buff permanent.

What is there to say? Two Treasure Goblins are better than one; I would rather receive two Bounty Caches than one; I would prefer to always have the option to equip five Set items instead of six Set items; and I always resented the fact that I had to give up two ring slots for the LoN buff (it was sort of a deal-breaker for me).

Would making any of these changes actually fix the game? Nope. But, I prefer having them, as opposed to not having them. That is my opinion, anyway.
06/26/2019 03:23 PMPosted by Orrion
I guess if you’re satisfied with a bare handful of LoN combinations being useful, sure, whatever.

I guess if you think the devs would sink any more time into changing the mechanics than that, well, sure, absolutely they will, right after they finish working on the new class, game mode, maps, legendary affixes....

Be realistic. The current seasonal theme is the best we can hope for.

06/26/2019 11:57 AMPosted by DonMartin
For a simpleton - yes. Try a little harder.

See above; we're not going to get better than this, other than maybe some number buffs, so what's the point of getting detailed? Most of the problems wouldn't come from the LoN bonus itself, but with how few viable affix combinations there are with enough synergy to get close to 6pc set power.

Having the open ring slots makes LoN more viable, its the best we're going to get, it, it's not OP / unbalanced, leads to a bit more build variety, why the hell not?
06/25/2019 07:15 PMPosted by spacecadet13

No it shouldn’t.

I can think of at least a couple valid reasons why any of the themes thus far should be made permanent.

Now, if there were actual content like D2 boss events or a new crafting system or something, then yes, those would be good things to make permanent. Otherwise, though, I’m not in favor.

PoE is the king of the market, so their leagues should just stay exclusive according to your model.....yeah good luck with that.

When you add a theme and it thematically makes sense with the core of the game, you should always entertain the idea of adding it to the core product.

The LoN ring is a 10/10 core upgrade that does not break the game. It is 100% perfect!

I would also consider the RorG buff as well.

Just have both unlock if you have full ancients, and LoN unlocks when you have full ancients no set powers.
I agree, add both S16 and S17 to the core game.

Currently, there are too few useful damage rings apart from CoE/Endless Walk/F&R. Use this as an opportunity to get new choices:

LoN rings should do something unique, like an anti-meta gameplay mechanic, for every second you do not heal, your damage dealt is increased by 20% and damage taken is reduced by 5% up to a maximum of 10 seconds.

Change the effects of RoRG to something useful for all classes. Maybe a 30% Attack Speed and Area Damage bonus as a legendary effect, combined with 4 standard affixes.
The previous season themes have had a lot more feedback to keep them permanent in the game after the fact and it never happened. Don't expect this one to stay either since the hype around it isn't anywhere near as big as the previous ones.
It would be nice. It helps level so you can try to focus on end game grinds and not deal with all the fluff in the middle. Isn't that the only point to seasonal content?
06/26/2019 06:04 PMPosted by dmkt
I agree, add both S16 and S17 to the core game.

Currently, there are too few useful damage rings apart from CoE/Endless Walk/F&R. Use this as an opportunity to get new choices:

LoN rings should do something unique, like an anti-meta gameplay mechanic, for every second you do not heal, your damage dealt is increased by 20% and damage taken is reduced by 5% up to a maximum of 10 seconds.

Change the effects of RoRG to something useful for all classes. Maybe a 30% Attack Speed and Area Damage bonus as a legendary effect, combined with 4 standard affixes.

Nice, I like that, turn the current buffs into unlockable passives, and in turn create some extremely useful items out of the old skins.
I hope so. The game finally feels like Diablo. you can use any combination of legendaries and feel reasonably effective. This IS what was promised at Launch, that legendarys would all be exciting.

It's not how it turned out.
06/26/2019 05:15 PMPosted by Demonmonger

No it shouldn’t.

PoE is the king of the market, so their leagues should just stay exclusive according to your model.....yeah good luck with that.

When you add a theme and it thematically makes sense with the core of the game, you should always entertain the idea of adding it to the core product.

The LoN ring is a 10/10 core upgrade that does not break the game. It is 100% perfect!

I would also consider the RorG buff as well.

Just have both unlock if you have full ancients, and LoN unlocks when you have full ancients no set powers.

Under that logic, what theme would you NOT add to the base game? I mean, why would you waste time adding something that is not thematically appropriate to the core of the game?

06/26/2019 03:42 PMPosted by HelloKitty
I was in favor of making the double Goblin buff permanent; I was in favor of making the double Bounty Cache buff permanent; I was in favor of making the Ring of Royal Grandeur buff permanent; and I am in favor of making the Legacy of Nightmares buff permanent. Spoiler alert: I will also be in favor of making Season 18's buff permanent.

What is there to say? Two Treasure Goblins are better than one; I would rather receive two Bounty Caches than one; I would prefer to always have the option to equip five Set items instead of six Set items; and I always resented the fact that I had to give up two ring slots for the LoN buff (it was sort of a deal-breaker for me).

Would making any of these changes actually fix the game? Nope. But, I prefer having them, as opposed to not having them. That is my opinion, anyway.

Of course you prefer having them. That’s the entire point, and it’s why we have Seasonal themes in the first place - so you’re tempted to play them.
If last season didn't get perm'ed (it was far more popular then this season) its highly doubtful that this one will be perm'ed. Its just a theme, nothing more.