Any chance for this season's theme to go perma?

General Discussion
06/26/2019 05:15 PMPosted by Demonmonger
PoE is the king of the market, so their leagues should just stay exclusive according to your model.....yeah good luck with that.

The current league is absolute trash, and so was the previous one. That game is plummeting fast.
Under that logic, what theme would you NOT add to the base game? I mean, why would you waste time adding something that is not thematically appropriate to the core of the game?

That is the point of game development "FACEPALM"

Why put time into a season theme to just let it fade into the sunset.... you are better than this!
06/27/2019 07:04 AMPosted by DonMartin
06/26/2019 05:15 PMPosted by Demonmonger
PoE is the king of the market, so their leagues should just stay exclusive according to your model.....yeah good luck with that.

The current league is absolute trash, and so was the previous one. That game is plummeting fast.

Idk why you think Legion is trash, it is nearly perfect. A small league that allows you to farm currency in new ways while still mapping, rather than Synthesis which took you away from the game.
Sure let's do it. I allow devs do it.
06/27/2019 07:54 PMPosted by Demonmonger
Under that logic, what theme would you NOT add to the base game? I mean, why would you waste time adding something that is not thematically appropriate to the core of the game?

That is the point of game development "FACEPALM"

Why put time into a season theme to just let it fade into the sunset.... you are better than this!

Really, how much time do you think it took to double the goblin spawns and such? None of the themes have taken much time to do - or if they have, they certainly haven’t seemed so from players’ perspective.

And you’re the one who made the distinction and phrased it as if there was some other kind of development.

As to why they aren’t permanent.. because Seasons aren’t. That’s the entire point of Seasons - each one is supposed to bring something unique that you have fun playing around with.

Further, the point is to get players to play Seasons. If you made every theme permanent then it’s gonna be tougher to get the guy who loves the LoN theme to play Seasons ever again.

And again, I’m not against adding things to the base game from Seasons. It just has to be things worth adding, and I don’t believe that what amounts to temporary buffs fall under that category and never will. Things that would be worth adding are things that alter the game world or the systems. PoE put in the temple, for example, because it added another enticing thing to go do, especially while leveling, and it had a good, dynamic setup the player had some influence over.

The problem with D3 is - and has always been - that the only 2 things ever worth doing are Rifts and bounties, and only 1 of those offered any sort of real challenge. So even if they did something like D2 boss events for a Season (which would be something I’d add to the base game) unless they attach something brand new to those events or make it supersede bounties/Rifts in terms of rewards or experience then nobody is gonna do them. They have never been able to add something that’s worth doing for its own sake because they propped up Rifts so much.
06/25/2019 06:19 PMPosted by Etelen
Just wondering... This season's non-set set bonus, which eliminates the LoN ring set is fantastic, imo. Some of the coolest speed farming variants become available.

Devs, please, please, make this a permanent feature of Diablo 3.

I'll give my thumbs up to that. IMO, this is the way the whole thing should have been functioning from day one anyway. The LoN set has always acted like a pair of handcuffs here, limiting you to a but a single actual ring choice of your own (and that in the Kanai cube only). Getting rid of that restriction seems like natural progression of innovation.
06/26/2019 09:45 AMPosted by Orrion

No it shouldn’t.

I can think of at least a couple valid reasons why any of the themes thus far should be made permanent.

I love how all you 10k+post gumflappers always think you're smarter than everyone else......except when it comes to proving it, you fall short.

And what are those "at least a couple" reasons, praytell? if you understand it, you should be able to explain it.

And so what if only a handful of LoN builds are actually viable? At least we'll have MORE options, which is what we're asking for.
07/01/2019 04:26 PMPosted by WittyGem
06/26/2019 09:45 AMPosted by Orrion

No it shouldn’t.

I can think of at least a couple valid reasons why any of the themes thus far should be made permanent.

I love how all you 10k+post gumflappers always think you're smarter than everyone else......except when it comes to proving it, you fall short.

I never claimed to be smarter than everyone else in this thread. What's your problem, did you get up on the stupid side of the bed this morning?

I just believe that no Seasonal theme like this should be made permanent because they're Seasonal themes and amount to nothing more than a short-term buff.

And what are those "at least a couple" reasons, praytell? if you understand it, you should be able to explain it.

I think you're missing the point there, which is that the LoN theme isn't any more "worthy" to go permanent than any other theme has been. Most people still don't like bounties, for example, so leaving those doubled would have the obvious effect of making people feel like they're getting rewarded better for them and so need to do them less.

And so what if only a handful of LoN builds are actually viable? At least we'll have MORE options, which is what we're asking for.

I'd rather get better changes through real patches, not a band aid fix that really doesn't help the majority of LoN builds anyway.

Besides, if the LoN theme went permanent, you'd piss off the lot of people who wanted RoRG and the rest of them permanent. What do you say to them?
06/25/2019 06:19 PMPosted by Etelen
Just wondering... This season's non-set set bonus, which eliminates the LoN ring set is fantastic, imo. Some of the coolest speed farming variants become available.

Devs, please, please, make this a permanent feature of Diablo 3.

Short Answer is No it wont be permanent. Just like RORG its a temporary thing
It could go permanent or at least it could work until the next end season theme. So this way they rotate old theme to non season. So non season find some love too.
Not gonna happen, Blizzard has their hands full, and the interns are in charge of server maintenance. If you're lucky you will see it come up again some other season.
I hope not. I hope a little changes in the current meta 4man group at least. I miss when lon WD was the trash killer, nowadays people only want bazooka wiz.
06/26/2019 03:23 PMPosted by Orrion
I guess if you’re satisfied with a bare handful of LoN combinations being useful, sure, whatever.

That's the thing. Not all of us chase the META, care about the leader boards or are even remotely concerned about clearing GR150.

What many of us care about, is variety, choices and a different way to play, that doesn't mandate that we wear sets to play past GR70.
06/25/2019 06:50 PMPosted by DiabloVern
What would be the point of having the themes repeat if they were permanent?

If they need to keep recycling the same themes in Seasons, they have failed. That means this games lack content and the developers lack the ability to be creative.
06/26/2019 10:26 PMPosted by Orrion
Of course you prefer having them. That’s the entire point, and it’s why we have Seasonal themes in the first place - so you’re tempted to play them.

This reminds me of why they gated stash tabs behind the set dungeons. If they need to push you, temp you or bribe you to play a game mode, event or any type of content, it shows a much bigger issue is at hand and keeping the themes exclusive to Seasons is not the solution nor does it even address the problem.

Creating compelling content would eliminate the need to lure, coerce, strongarm, bribe, or tempt players to play this game mode.
06/26/2019 03:23 PMPosted by Orrion
I guess if you’re satisfied with a bare handful of LoN combinations being useful, sure, whatever.

That's the thing. Not all of us chase the META, care about the leader boards or are even remotely concerned about clearing GR150.

What many of us care about, is variety, choices and a different way to play, that doesn't mandate that we wear sets to play past GR70.

Which is quite a funny thing to say because keeping the LoN buff helps the meta more than anything else, boosting those few LoN builds that are actually good into being competitive.

If you’re actually interested in variety you should be against keeping a band aid fix.

06/25/2019 06:50 PMPosted by DiabloVern
What would be the point of having the themes repeat if they were permanent?

If they need to keep recycling the same themes in Seasons, they have failed. That means this games lack content and the developers lack the ability to be creative.
06/26/2019 10:26 PMPosted by Orrion
Of course you prefer having them. That’s the entire point, and it’s why we have Seasonal themes in the first place - so you’re tempted to play them.

This reminds me of why they gated stash tabs behind the set dungeons. If they need to push you, temp you or bribe you to play a game mode, event or any type of content, it shows a much bigger issue is at hand and keeping the themes exclusive to Seasons is not the solution nor does it even address the problem.

Bribery is all Seasons have ever been for any game that has them.

Creating compelling content would eliminate the need to lure, coerce, strongarm, bribe, or tempt players to play this game mode.

No, it wouldn’t. They still want people to play Seasons, so there would still be incentives to do so.

And while I agree the game needs compelling content, they’ve kind of worked themselves into a corner by propping up Rifts and Bounties so much.

In any other game all the new added areas would be content. They would have drops, bosses, hidden areas, quests, etc. Here they aren’t because there’s none of that and thus no reason to go exploring.
I gave up on the perfect lon set since most cases the crap rolls all wrong to be useful and a project like that takes forever.
06/26/2019 03:42 PMPosted by HelloKitty
I was in favor of making the double Goblin buff permanent; I was in favor of making the double Bounty Cache buff permanent; I was in favor of making the Ring of Royal Grandeur buff permanent; and I am in favor of making the Legacy of Nightmares buff permanent. Spoiler alert: I will also be in favor of making Season 18's buff permanent.

What is there to say? Two Treasure Goblins are better than one; I would rather receive two Bounty Caches than one; I would prefer to always have the option to equip five Set items instead of six Set items; and I always resented the fact that I had to give up two ring slots for the LoN buff (it was sort of a deal-breaker for me).

Would making any of these changes actually fix the game? Nope. But, I prefer having them, as opposed to not having them. That is my opinion, anyway.

I think my problem is that I farmed and augmented an entire LON set that will suddenly become useless after this season. That wasn't nearly the case with other bonuses.
Season community buffs shoudln't be permanant, they should just rotate them. So maybe next season we see double goblin, and after that could be RoRG buff again, then LoN after that, then something new after that, and they just keep rotating them.
07/08/2019 11:03 AMPosted by SeuTiBeun
Season community buffs shoudln't be permanant, they should just rotate them. So maybe next season we see double goblin, and after that could be RoRG buff again, then LoN after that, then something new after that, and they just keep rotating them.

People are just starting to come back around thanks to fresh seasonal themes like RoRG and LoN. I am 100% sure there would be a lot of players quitting D3 if they went back to something like double goblins. Regurgitating seasonal rewards and haedrig's gifts is bad enough, double goblins/caches as the main theme again? Nah. If so, they might as well call it the Season of Seppuku, because that's what Blizz would be doing to D3.
Double bounties can come back any day.

So that you don’t have to do so many.

Just saying.
07/08/2019 10:17 AMPosted by ZannX
06/26/2019 03:42 PMPosted by HelloKitty
I was in favor of making the double Goblin buff permanent; I was in favor of making the double Bounty Cache buff permanent; I was in favor of making the Ring of Royal Grandeur buff permanent; and I am in favor of making the Legacy of Nightmares buff permanent. Spoiler alert: I will also be in favor of making Season 18's buff permanent.

What is there to say? Two Treasure Goblins are better than one; I would rather receive two Bounty Caches than one; I would prefer to always have the option to equip five Set items instead of six Set items; and I always resented the fact that I had to give up two ring slots for the LoN buff (it was sort of a deal-breaker for me).

Would making any of these changes actually fix the game? Nope. But, I prefer having them, as opposed to not having them. That is my opinion, anyway.

I think my problem is that I farmed and augmented an entire LON set that will suddenly become useless after this season. That wasn't nearly the case with other bonuses.

Who cares? As long as you're playing each Season, it really doesn't matter what you have outside of it.

And it won't become "suddenly useless." No more than any of the sets using extra things because of RoRG did, anyway.

07/08/2019 11:03 AMPosted by SeuTiBeun

Heck no. We need new stuff. Not the same stuff over again.

They're finally starting to add the kind of spice Seasons should have had from the very start - or at least from Season 5 onward. Having something like double goblins come back would be horrible.