Necro Help

Necromancer
Hey guys was wondering if anyone could explain to me how the !@#$ I make this class past solo 65+ GR. I am at paragon ~550 and I have farmed all the main sets for the class. I have upgraded plenty of the gems they use to at least 25 and I have the travelers pledge set as well jesseths too and I...just...die. I don't do damage and everything one shots me without question. I heard that the best build was the LoN thorns but its filled with ancient legendaries which I would rather not spend time farming at least not right now. So do I have to hit 1000+ paragon for this or what because my friends are around the same level and cleared it with a crusader, DH, and wiz. WTF I thought this class was supposed to be good?
I’m currently having the same issue. A lot of people tell me I should be able to do GR70 pretty easy solo, but I barely get passed the door usually. I have been doing GR50 pretty easily today, not sure if I just keep slowly working my way up or what.

I quit playing for 3 years and just came back a week or so ago. So a lot of the current game state is new to me.
Git Good
well tell us what kinda set you are using?
From what I see on your profile you are trying to run the LoN thorn build? If your profile is right you have 3 total ancient pieces meaning you really won't be able to kill anything. LoN builds are only going to start working once you get more pieces of ancient gear... Maybe start with a green set to farm with and go from there? There is so much more going on with your pieces but it won't matter if they aren't even ancient giving you the LoN bonus.
06/24/2019 12:27 PMPosted by Squishor
From what I see on your profile you are trying to run the LoN thorn build? If your profile is right you have 3 total ancient pieces meaning you really won't be able to kill anything. LoN builds are only going to start working once you get more pieces of ancient gear... Maybe start with a green set to farm with and go from there? There is so much more going on with your pieces but it won't matter if they aren't even ancient giving you the LoN bonus.

ya I was just trying it out to see how it worked.

06/24/2019 12:36 AMPosted by Hartsias

basically just the icy veins rathmas build is what I was trying to use

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-skeletal-mages-build-with-rathma-and-jesseth-sets-patch-2-6-5-season-17

minus the circle of nailjul and tasker and theo which I understand are pretty important for attack speed and amount of mages I am just wondering if it is really going to make that big of a difference.
I would suggest youtube vids hear some explanations on the synergy of the items and skills see some game play. Hope it helps and good luck.
I would say play whatever is fun but without the ring it really won't work. It is over double your damage as it puts out 2 mages vs 1 and increases the time they are up. You could start and play around with it some for sure but if you are playing any LoN set without ancient pieces it is like playing a green set without getting the bonuses that come with them. I play most evenings around 7pm mst if you want any help in getting some gear and such i would be happy to run some runs and pass anything I get along to you. Just hit me up "Squishor#1665"

basically just the icy veins rathmas build is what I was trying to use

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-skeletal-mages-build-with-rathma-and-jesseth-sets-patch-2-6-5-season-17

minus the circle of nailjul and tasker and theo which I understand are pretty important for attack speed and amount of mages I am just wondering if it is really going to make that big of a difference.
Try to focus on damage reduction. Farm for Dayntee, Golemskin Breeches, Use the Thy Flesh Sustained with Molten Gizzard Gem.

For stats instead of all resist choose armor instead.

and for secondary try to have physical resistance as most attacks in this game are physical.

Source: http://warpath.eu/