"An error has occurred" and killed in HC.

Technical Support
The game crashed while in a T16 rift giving the error screen. I felt really confident this time that I would survive the incident since without any gold this character had nearly 800mill toughness, but was also wearing gold wraps, boon of the hoarder, and there was plenty of gold lying around for my pet to pickup while I was offline. I didn't copy the error code when it happened as I was panicking to get back in and help my brother who is half my paragon and struggling without me. His game similarly crashed soon after (luckily while he was in town) and I managed to get his code which was 3C1B2C84-FA8F-4AA6-9844-41092B19A24A. Maybe just a coincidence and unrelated.

My problem is this; I was under the impression that if the game goes offline, my character will be logged out after 10 seconds. Is this still the case? If so, there is no way I should have died. If not, why not? I have lost more than 1700 gem levels (augments and gems combined) and 7 primals to such game crashes this season and would really like it to stop. The first time was on my Shadow build, and even though there was only 2 trash mobs near me when it happened, 10 seconds is enough time for Shadow to lose most of it's defense as it is nearly all reliant on activity. This time however I am certain that had the game logged me out after 10 seconds, I would have lived. I feel like with this character dying in such circumstances that a game crash will always mean death - nothing I can do with my build can prevent it.

The threat of these random crashes is making HC untenable to play, and before you say to go and play softcore, solitaire would be more exciting than that. It is not an option. Please help me (if the problem is on my end), or fix the game if it is on yours. I've really enjoyed this season so far and would love to continue.
06/24/2019 12:02 AMPosted by Hamulus
3C1B2C84-FA8F-4AA6-9844-41092B19A24A
This is a crash report id. Only support can read it. You need to wait for support's reply, or submit a ticket to contact them.

my character will be logged out after 10 seconds. Is this still the case? If so, there is no way I should have died. If not, why not?
If you properly logged out, the game would be terminated properly.
However, for the case of crashing, it need time for the server to detect disconnection and it will run for another 10 sec before termination. This is to prevent cheating by unplugging the network, or killing the client.

If crashes happen often, likely something wrong on the client side. Hope support can find something from your crash report.

General troubleshooting article, click blue text for more detailed procedure: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000034772

If you want other players to review your system, you need to provide a DxDiag report. How to get a DxDiag report: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/12988
Thanks for the reply.
06/24/2019 01:21 AMPosted by Maskraider
3C1B2C84-FA8F-4AA6-9844-41092B19A24A
This is to prevent cheating by unplugging the network, or killing the client.

When I first started HC I was pissed about this. Another company victimizing honest players to catch cheats... But I've come to appreciate it. There should be no escaping the Reaper when he comes knocking, and as in real life, he's not always fair about who gets reaped when.

I run a pretty tight PC, and most of the stuff mentioned is already in effect. I've turned off the discord overlay just in case, but I think I might just be overdue for a format/reinstall of windows (been over 2 years now) so I'll get on that.

It would be nice if tech support would let me know what that crash report says though.
From the crash log it looks like we're on Nvidia driver version 399.24 which was released back in September 2018. Would probably start by updating those driver here.

The only other thing that really stands out is the Razer Chroma software. As we've seen conflicts with that before, I'd probably look into uninstall it to test.
Thank you for the reply.