Your desires/priorities for Wizard in S-18?

Wizard
The title says it all.

It posting time boys and girls.

*passes the mic into the crowd*
Hydra support
Getting archon back in line with other non-archon builds.
I would like Rimeheart to be comparable to Furnace; and to have some of the weaker affixes buffed to be competitive again.

I want Firebirds buffed to 9000%. I would like Elemental Exposure to be properly multiplicative.

I would like Winter Flurry to give all runes of Frost nova. I would like Moonlight Ward to give you the Arcane Orbit rune so that it works with +arcane orb buffs.
06/21/2019 03:07 PMPosted by Venaliter
I would like Elemental Exposure to be properly multiplicative.

I believe EE already is. I think sVr tested it and it's multiplicative per stack, although d3planner incorrectly shows it as a debuff in the damage increased by skills.
Energy Twister to be viable again w/o stacking

Hydra buff

More legendary support and/or remove legendaries that do nothing from the pool

Firebirds to 8000%
Another DMO legendary added
Archon legendary added
06/21/2019 03:56 PMPosted by JackDaniels
06/21/2019 03:07 PMPosted by Venaliter
I would like Elemental Exposure to be properly multiplicative.

I believe EE already is. I think sVr tested it and it's multiplicative per stack, although d3planner incorrectly shows it as a debuff in the damage increased by skills.

Interesting. I wonder why I didn't know this. Was it changed in 2.4.1?
- Fragment of Destiny given the Dagger of Darts treatment (damage increased)
- Serpent Sparker given the Dagger of Darts treatment (damage buff added and a range of 1-4 additional Hydras)

and my previous DMO modification ideas:
[2 set bonus]
- use all Wiz signature spells
- a 2 sec bubble cool down reduction per cast and drop the bubble cool down to 10 seconds

[4 set bonus]
- add the damage component back to the bubble without removing the damage reduction component (based on highest elemental damage on gear with physical being the default element)
- bubble damage should trigger area damage

*** I don't remember what the bubble DoT damage value was before its removal so the devs will have to apply a damage value that is consistent with the current state of the game. ***

[6 set bonus]
- change the 6 set bonus to "Casting Slow Time", which replaces the "Enemies effected by Slow Time"
- affects all signature spells
- raise the damage bonus to 9,000%
- 6 set bonus buffs the bubble DoT value

[Complimentary Items]
- change Gesture of Orpheus to buff the damage of Wave Of Force and triggers the energy wave 2 additional times (this is a cross between Unstable Scepter and Frag of Destiny without being a replica of either of them)
- change The Oculus orb so that Wave Of Force gains the effect of all runes
- add an amulet to the DMO set, make it default to having a socket and main stat (I suggest re-appropriating the Flavor Of Time amulet, the Ouroboros amulet, or the Ancestor's Grace amulet)
- add a belt to DMO, make it like Tal Rasha's belt (just a plain old set item)
- Alter Ranslor's Folly bracer to pick up all enemy types not just trash mobs.
- Alter Jang's Envelopment belt to cut Black Hole CDR in half as well as slow mobs by 80%.

*** I'm deliberately omitting damage ranges for the weapon so that the devs can make this item viable for end-game pushing and not just a T-10 vanity item. If the devs don't want to change Gesture of Orpheus then please apply the changes to Blackhand Key ***

[Mechanics]
A - make Slow Time bubbles cast by YOUR Mirror Images have the full effect of active DMO set bonuses (damage/defense/utility) and the Primus hat (if equipped/cubed)
B - remove the jump animation from Wave of Force (please make this happen, otherwise we need retarded amounts of attack speed to make casting it efficient)
C - bubble effects do NOT stack so overlapping bubbles do not stack damage either
D - please do not remove the interactions between DMO and other sets
E - make all Wizard generated sparks/projectiles have the extended duration inside the DMO enhanced bubble and travel at a slower speed so that they clump together (this includes the Energy Twister travel speed and duration)

[Reasoning]
1 - DMO needs to have the Helltooth treatment in regard to supporting all signature spells.

2 - The current bubble slowing effect can easily overwhelm and kill off party members (projectiles and electrified sparks stacking comes to mind). Having the Impactful Wave active via The Oculus Orb, jump animation removed, and the 2 additional wave echoes from the weapon, the Wizard can effectively push those projectiles/sparks/etc. back adding some great utility/survivability.

3 - With all Wiz generated projectiles/sparks having the extended duration inside the DMO enhanced bubble we could have a Manald Heal/Shock Pulse build quite similar to D2 Charged Bolt build, or a massive Magic Missile build (proc rates might need to be raised and additional mechanics/item changes might be required for end-game viability). This might also make merging twisters a bit easier thus having a better chance of applying twister damage

4 - Diversity, Diversity, Diversity and end game viability... from pure DMO, to Del-Rasha, to some sort of DMO/FB bubble/DoT/anti-death hybrid.

5 - This keeps the time altering/warping theme of the set, but opens some old and new ways of employing the set.
    *Cooldown reduction added to Vyr
    *Hydra Support
    *Changes to Mirror Image so it can function similarly to Monk's Mystic Ally
    *Black Hole Support
    *Blizzard(skill) Support
    *Firebird Rework to something that doesn't require 3 different fire spells and/or dragging around elites
    *Changes to Teleport, either remove it's cooldown and give it 25 arcane power cost or give it charges

Just some of the changes I would like to see.
06/21/2019 06:50 PMPosted by Venaliter
Interesting. I wonder why I didn't know this. Was it changed in 2.4.1?

We don't know. It was an undocumented change.

sVr tested it in S6, and it was additive. He retested it in S14 and it was multiplicative. I checked all the patch notes, and nothing mentions EE being multiplcative. So sometime during that time frame, it was ninja-patched as multiplicative.

05/28/2019 07:19 PMPosted by sVr
05/28/2019 07:45 AMPosted by TinneOnnMuin
Both EE and Unwavering Will are additive. EE is an additive debuff and Unwavering Will is an additive sheet buff.
I remember testing both passives in S6 and both were indeed additive. A few months back I was called out on stream for being incorrect on EE when mentioning; I retested it on the spot and it turns out that it is a separate multiplier nowadays. EE always has been additive but somewhere between S6 and S14 (when I retested it) it was ninja-changed (without patch notes) to be a separate multiplier. With that being said:
05/28/2019 07:45 AMPosted by TinneOnnMuin
Yes, EE is more damage than Unwavering Will. 20% > 10%.
It's actually a lot more damage.
The PTR is out in..Mid July? We'll see how much they ignored all the suggestions from that thread :P

Hope I have to eat some crow.
I'd like to see staves get some love.

For instance, one of the more useless passives could be replaced with one that provides incentive to actually equip a staff, and lose an extra legendary effect. E.g. Dominance could be replaced with something like "Doubles the effect of gems socketed in equipped staves", or "The element of an equipped staff now increases the damage of skills of that same element." (I.e. if it rolls cold damage and it's the best possible min/max rolls, it increases cold damage by 100% (multiplicative), 10% for the worst min/max rolls).

The two useless wiz-only staves should be redone as well. Perhaps;

Valthek's Rebuke
"Energy Twisters now orbit you at a distance of 10 yards"
Keeps with the quasi-controlling effect of the original, but better. Combine with The Twisted Sword and Ranslor's Folly to pull enemies into the danger zone.

The Smoldering Core
"Increases the damage of Meteor:Molten Impact's molten fire by X% (multiplicative) for every second it is on cooldown (maximum 15 seconds). As long as an enemy is inside molten fire, all burns applied to them last indefinitely, and can be stacked indefinitely."
Encourages you to have as little CDR as possible to maximise smoldering molten core damage, whilst simultaneously making Firebirds better for group play by promoting round up and confinement to the molten fire to apply burn DoTs (Firebird 4 piece, Magic Missile:Conflagrate, Magic Weapon:Ignite, and Hydra:Blazing Hydra)

There's two other staves that seem to be wizard themed, that could be repurposed as well;

The Tormentor
"Arcane Torrent:Death Blossom projectiles that miss an enemy now lay an arcane mine. Mines that aren't triggered are reabsorbed, and increase the damage of Death Blossom (and its mines) by X% (multiplicative) as long as you are continuously channeling."
Might make death blossom useful as long as you can channel long enough and absorb enough mines.

Mark of the Magi
"Disintegrate gains the effect of all runes (rune selection alters fire/arcane element). Disintegrate damage is increased by X% for every enemy exploded by Volatility, and Y% for every enemy hit by Chaos Nexus, as long as you are continuously channeling."
Pew Pew!
Definetely HYDRA getting some supporting legendaries

İf vyr is easy to play hydra should be too
07/01/2019 12:42 PMPosted by Ponchik
Definetely HYDRA getting some supporting legendaries

İf vyr is easy to play hydra should be too

I wouldn't agree Vyr is easy to play. It's not ridiculously tortorous like ET, LoN, or deeply flawed like Firebirds. If the playstyle wasn't carpal tunnel inducing (Don Vu hated Monks and Wizards.) I'd call it one of the best designed sets in the game. It's tanky, fun, and Chantodo's brings it's damage up to par - maybe a bit above it.
Support for Hydra (especially cold and arcane runes)

some love for Blizzard, Black Hole, Mirror Images - those three desperately need some item support. Things like Jang's belt need a complete overhaul.

Various items dedicated to signature skills need a makeover

we need some serious buffs for channeling - that is the skills themselves... it really bugs me that a channel build actually does not deal damage with the channel skill but with some other spender popping out of a source.

---

change one of our more useless passives to "Archmage" which would allow us to equip a 2H Staff as a ranged weapon, so together with a source - obviously at some drawback, pretty much like the sader passive. As mentioned, limited to staves. Or even better - make that a class inherent feature.

---
changes to the sets:

Vyr:
add CDR somewhere. Simple enough.

Tal Rasha:
add automatic "Elemental Exposure" to Tal Rasha 2-piece and link the DR to the stack mechanic. Maybe slightly increase the damage

Firebird:
bring the damage on par and add automatic Conflagration passive to Firebird 2-piece. Even more important is to reduce the horrible clunkiness of this set:
change DR condition to "while at least 1 enemy is burning"
reduce stacks from 20 to 10, or even down to 5 (change buffs accordingly)
make the dr/damage buff stay five seconds after the last burning enemy died!

DMO:
I want the damage dealing bubble back! Maybe as an additional legendary effect on one of the set items (chest armor) or as a revised power on Gesture of Orpheus. Not to mention "Flavor of Time" - that amulet should get a new power like "A permanent Slow Time bubble follows you." or something like that.

----

Teleport:
First of all - make "Aetherwalker"s legendary power the default behavior of the skill and then apply the following changes with this:

Teleport/Wormhole now reduces the cast cost to 15 AP
Teleport/Reversal renamed to "Rush":
Increases Teleport range to 60 yards and grants a chance to dodge incoming attacks for three seconds after casting Teleport

change Aetherwalker power to:
Teleport gains the Calamity rune and the elemental damage type dealt is now determined by elemental damage attribute of your weapon.

change "Cosmic Strand" power:
turn this thing into a Black Hole support item. We don't need Teleport items, especially not for weapon and offhand slots... nobody is ever going to use it.

change "The Oculus" power:
Turn this thing into a Mirror Image support item (as much as it pains me to change a D2 iconic Teleport unique to something else but the damage was done with introducing Aetherwalker)

change "Illusionist" passive:
Instead of removing cooldown from Teleport now removes cast cost from Teleport for 3 seconds.

Just to name a few things that bother me.
Buff Starfire and the proc for MH to previous to bring tal archon comparative to chan vyr levels
Make MH and Hydra good again.
07/04/2019 12:17 PMPosted by Death
Buff Starfire and the proc for MH to previous to bring tal archon comparative to chan vyr levels

Remember when all the build were Archon builds? I do. I don't want to go back to that.
07/04/2019 04:10 PMPosted by storytime42
07/04/2019 12:17 PMPosted by Death

Remember when all the build were Archon builds? I do. I don't want to go back to that.

You mean like right now? all good builds are Archon :)
Id like explosive blast to be 130+!
And i dont want channeling variant..

So i do hope they buff orb of infinte depth to something like 200% dmg to eb & Some gg shoulders like eb gains all runes & 50% cdr reduce

Also id hope they nerf deathwish so iT shouldnt be used in all non archon builds.

Also id have hope for hydra