New, unconfirmed D4 news.

General Discussion
Hi Rhykker, this is folks, and in today's topic I'm bringing you new info, supposedly shared by the ex Blizz employee.

So, starting off, take note that this is probably/most likely fake news, but nonetheless I'm hoping for a decend discussion and your take on the topic.

As we can read from the article: "One of the ex Blizz employee shared a lot of vulnerable info about what's going on in Acti-Blizz and their games on 4chan." For the sake of time-saving, I'll only stick to D4 info, but I'll be linking an article (unfortunately in polish, but you can always use google translate). Without further ado, here it is:

1. According to the source, the most shocking thing is that the gameplay will be shown in FPP view only. The title is qualified by Blizzard as "fantasy shooter" (H&S+looter shooter)
2. Supposedly it has been built on Overwatch game engine.
3. The game itself will feature ONLY 3 classes at launch, with 5 more coming as paid seasonal updates/expansions.
4. Story spoiler: in campaing, we're teaming up with demons. After hundreds of years of relative peace, the angels are becoming more ruthless and heavy-handed, planning to purge the world of Sanctuary from people.
5. Main theme of the game is called: "wake up your inner deamons" and it's tied to the in-game mechanic - every hero will have one special/powerful demonic ability (kinda like special class abilities in OW).
6. Another story spoiler: the final boss of the game will be called "Diabael Priums" and it's an angelic version of Diablo itself. After the campaign we will find out that Diablo was always acting on behalf od the Sanctuary, for centuries seeking someone strong enough to kill him in order to possess his strenght and prepare for upcoming "abyss invasion", threatening whole world.
7. Diablo 4 is planned to be released spring 2021 on PC, PS5 and Project Scarlet, as well as yet unannounced Activision streaming service.

What do you guys think about it? Lemme know in the comments.
Also, here's the link:
https://www.gry-online.pl/newsroom/anonimowy-byly-pracownik-blizzarda-o-diablo-4-overwatch-2-i-stani/z71c586

EDIT: forgot to mention, that the development process of D4 drastically increased after the last year's Blizzcon fiasco with Diablo Immortal. Fun fact is, that's it's not about the community backlash, but the investors being unhappy with the product.
06/26/2019 02:17 AMPosted by Linkee
supposedly

Yeah, and I'm supposedly a billionaire super genius. As a result, I know better than to trust any news about Diablo 4 until and unless it's from an official Blizzard source and so should everyone else.
on 4chan.

Nuff said.
1. Diablowatch? I really doubt it.

2. Diablo fantasy shooter? Wha?

3. 3 Classes at the start? I really doubt it (they might go Titan Quest or Grim Dawn style here though by combining skill trees or something. That might explain why 3 classes at the start, but 5 more coming with XPAC's? Doesn't align somehow)

The game would be very shallow by diversity right at the start and completely drift away from what Diablo was. While we have no clue about mechanical perspective of the game it is safe to assume that this will be a completely different game and might be too much of a risk for Blizzard. This is definitely not what we are waiting for...

Ofc, knowing activision, they might take a "f*ck u all turn" and "surprise" us yet again taking into consideration early Diablo 4 skeleton was Dark Souls style which was scrapped it seems judging by previous leaks. But even then DS is kinda First person action role-playing and not fantasy shooter :DDD

All in all, I really doubt it OP, this is 95% fake info leak.
Need your bullsh!t detector fixed, Linkee.

Badly.
Diablo developer reading that leak and people believing it

"Do you not have brains"
if it is a leak they don't need to do anything as nobody will believe it. 8)
Rumors are just rumors, it'd wise to take them with a healthy amount of scepticism.
06/26/2019 06:11 AMPosted by Kirottu
Rumors are just rumors, it'd wise to take them with a healthy amount of scepticism.

Indeed, chill out guys. I just said multiple times that this is NOT CONFIRMED. I simply share found information and encourage to a cultural discussion: "what if the info were true (what would you think of it)".

Damn...
06/26/2019 07:03 AMPosted by Linkee
06/26/2019 06:11 AMPosted by Kirottu

Indeed, chill out guys. I just said multiple times that this is NOT CONFIRMED. I simply share found information and encourage to a cultural discussion: "what if the info were true (what would you think of it)".

Damn...

Well, you have to realize that every little rumor about D4 gets multiple threads devoted to it, and almost all the information ranges from unreliable to complete and total BS.

Further.. lots of people are kind of tired of hearing about anything that’s not official because this has been going on for like 4 years.

So, yeah, don’t be surprised if nobody wants to indulge in their 100th “what if” with you.
i heard diablo 4 is being developed as a backyard party game

can't confirm but sounds interesting
This is really exciting...not.

First off, I don't believe any of it. But anyway, for the sake of discussion, if half of it were true, then that's the last last nail in the coffin of the Diablo franchise. I mean, yes, Blizz made a huge misstep with the D:I fiasco last year, but surely even they must realize that if they make D4 into an FPS game, that's the end of the franchise.

As a side-note, why on Earth would an angel be called "Diabael Priums?"
And Diablo "was always acting on behalf od the Sanctuary?" No matter how you spin it, that simply does not fit the lore in any conceivable way...
Hi Rhykker, this is folks, and in today's topic I'm bringing you new info, supposedly shared by the ex Blizz employee.

So, starting off, take note that this is probably/most likely fake news, but nonetheless I'm hoping for a decend discussion and your take on the topic.

As we can read from the article: "One of the ex Blizz employee shared a lot of vulnerable info about what's going on in Acti-Blizz and their games on 4chan." For the sake of time-saving, I'll only stick to D4 info, but I'll be linking an article (unfortunately in polish, but you can always use google translate). Without further ado, here it is:

1. According to the source, the most shocking thing is that the gameplay will be shown in FPP view only. The title is qualified by Blizzard as "fantasy shooter" (H&S+looter shooter)
2. Supposedly it has been built on Overwatch game engine.
3. The game itself will feature ONLY 3 classes at launch, with 5 more coming as paid seasonal updates/expansions.
4. Story spoiler: in campaing, we're teaming up with demons. After hundreds of years of relative peace, the angels are becoming more ruthless and heavy-handed, planning to purge the world of Sanctuary from people.
5. Main theme of the game is called: "wake up your inner deamons" and it's tied to the in-game mechanic - every hero will have one special/powerful demonic ability (kinda like special class abilities in OW).
6. Another story spoiler: the final boss of the game will be called "Diabael Priums" and it's an angelic version of Diablo itself. After the campaign we will find out that Diablo was always acting on behalf od the Sanctuary, for centuries seeking someone strong enough to kill him in order to possess his strenght and prepare for upcoming "abyss invasion", threatening whole world.
7. Diablo 4 is planned to be released spring 2021 on PC, PS5 and Project Scarlet, as well as yet unannounced Activision streaming service.

What do you guys think about it? Lemme know in the comments.
Also, here's the link:
https://www.gry-online.pl/newsroom/anonimowy-byly-pracownik-blizzarda-o-diablo-4-overwatch-2-i-stani/z71c586

EDIT: forgot to mention, that the development process of D4 drastically increased after the last year's Blizzcon fiasco with Diablo Immortal. Fun fact is, that's it's not about the community backlash, but the investors being unhappy with the product.

downvoting.. booo!
All lies...........

Send this thread to oblivion!
06/26/2019 12:40 PMPosted by MaxCarnage
Send this thread to oblivion!

Ah c'mon, I see enough crazy threads as it is, I don't need another.
on 4chan.

"Only a fool would take it as a fact"

Also FPS view is not Diablo 4; genre change diverted from the main franchise, simply means it'll be a spin off under a different sub title, not a sequel.
This is Fakenews
That sounds like somebody got their hands on some fanfic and thought it was a reliable source. It's even worse than most of the 10K word essays people post on here about how they would "fix" D3 by turning it into a clone of the hot game of the day.