Barbarian Community Buff Proposal--UPDATES ARE LIVE!

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 Next
07/02/2019 07:09 PMPosted by Crayon
07/02/2019 06:00 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Just want to say - this hasn't gone unnoticed. As you know, I can't make any promises. But I can make sure the appropriate eyes take a look, and I've made sure that's the case. :)

Thanks for all the hard work you do for the Barbarian community, Free (as well as to everyone else who contributed). It's greatly appreciated!
Lool what a load of BS :)
33 downvotes. not that i care but i'll Lol so much when next patch comes an when blizz does sweet FA again

thank you for the feedback but as usual, we couldn't find the time.. or they completely mess it up

:)
07/05/2019 03:21 PMPosted by Crayon
33 downvotes. not that i care but i'll Lol so much when next patch comes an when blizz does sweet FA again

thank you for the feedback but as usual, we couldn't find the time.. or they completely mess it up

If blizzard screws up, go ahead and call them out for it, otherwise keep the antagonizing to a minimum. They hardly communicate with us as is.
07/05/2019 03:28 PMPosted by Oblivion

If blizzard screws up, go ahead and call them out for it, otherwise keep the antagonizing to a minimum. They hardly communicate with us as is.

Maybe if they didn't screw up the last...never mind i lost count how many times.
07/05/2019 03:30 PMPosted by LazyTurtle
Maybe if they didn't screw up the last...never mind i lost count how many times.

Indeed they screwed up plenty of times, there's even a gargantuan thread at the top of the general discussion section to remind them (and to an extension us) about it. Now whether or not they take in the feedback is a topic for another thread, not this one.
07/05/2019 03:28 PMPosted by Oblivion

If blizzard screw up, you mean like they have done dozens of times since the game came out?
They deserve it completely. They promise things, don't deliver, then they apologize ( or not...Do you not have phones? ). The thing people forget about is that Diablo Immortal was outsourced, and we have no news of D4, so... um... What on earth has Blizzard been doing for the past 3-6 years on D3? The changes we've seen are literally changes that take less than a single day to implement, such as variable changes on items or buffs. What are they doing at a 9-5 job, hour by hour, to improve this game? Makes absolutely zero sense. Only logical conclusion is that they are actually letting this game die off in a strategic way, and in fact, are implementing key mechanics to boost attrition levels. If you take a step back and look at the facts, you'll find it hard to disagree.

Games with more players, on a factor of dozens or even hundreds, EASILY ban players instantaneously . When they say it's difficult, that's them telling you a lie in order to create a debate on whether or not it's even possible to find bots and ban them. Blizzard are only good at distracting passionate players. If you took a video of a cheater, posted it here, you'd be punished for calling someone out on the forums. If you call someone out for cheating in virtually any other game, you are championed as someone who took their valued time to make the community a better place. The fact that people still defend Blizzard's behavior on this matter is mind-boggling.

I hope they fix barbarian, the game, and their garbage behavior.
Hope usually amount to nothing with this company. Everyone putting on a happy face and saying " let's all just be nice and see what happens" have literally not learned one bit from 7 years of concrete evidence to suggest that Blizzard is about to give you an ice cold shoulder once more.

I would bet money that they will buff a few set damage pieces, and a few spells and some people will be happy, not realizing that those buffs take minutes, not years. Pathetic.

Edit: When I worked at Microsoft, we had meetings on how to shut down things in the marketplace, and stop providing support for some games and the tactics are extremely similar to D3. When we would get a lot of people complaining about Halo, we simply closed down any discussion and forwarded them to a dead end website with basic fixes like "restart your console".
These are high level decisions that trickle down in such a way that the employees think that they are just "following the protocols of support", and since we didn't tell them the real reason, they aren't able to spill the beans. You see this happening all over D3.

D3 is following the steps of many other companies who kill their own product in order to prepare for it to shut down. It isn't an opinion, it's just a fact based on trends I've seen used in other companies. D3 community gets pushed around and forced to play / participate in so many ways that they do not want. Look at the community manager. They post once or twice a day, which takes about 60 seconds, and what about the other 7 - 8 hours of their day? I'd love to see a daily planner in 15 minute increments of their duties. Do you think they are working on anything to promote D3, or help the community?

The point of this post -- I loved this game so much, and wish it would change, but people who make decisions about the direction of the game are so utterly oblivious to your passion, and I want you to know about it from someone who has worked at a big company like this. They do not care when you spend 100+ hours making a post about how to fix a game that upper management has already decided to shut down. They milk a handful of retail game purchases here and there, and once that stops, the game stops. Mark my words.
07/05/2019 04:04 PMPosted by Kylol
If blizzard screw up, you mean like they have done dozens of times since the game came out?
They deserve it completely.

Of course they deserve it, just not in this thread. I'm more than sure that the OP and many other barbarians want to keep this thread clean of spite if at all possible, regardless if it is rightly deserved or not.
Hey folks. I gotta agree with Oblivion here: Yes, Blizzard has been terrible with communication, and the last few patches have definitely left a lot to be desired, but the important thing to remember is that things can change.

And even if they don't?

To be honest, I feel good about the work that Rage, I, and the rest of the Barb community did in putting together the proposal. It was enjoyable to work with Rage, and it was a blast putting together the proposal. Sure, I'd be disappointed in our D3 devs if good buffs don't materialize, but I also don't regret a second of the work we put into the proposal. This project brought the Barb community together in ways nothing else has ever done. I'm proud of what I did. I'm proud of us.

So, I completely get venting frustrations here, and I sincerely agree with a lot of them--I truly do!--but enough's enough. Let's see what happens and find productive ways to carry the discussion forward.

07/02/2019 06:00 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Just want to say - this hasn't gone unnoticed. As you know, I can't make any promises. But I can make sure the appropriate eyes take a look, and I've made sure that's the case. :)

Thanks for all the hard work you do for the Barbarian community, Free (as well as to everyone else who contributed). It's greatly appreciated!

Nothing will happen....They are too busy disappointing us still..
07/05/2019 11:00 PMPosted by TheRugester
Nothing will happen....They are too busy disappointing us still..

"Let's see what happens and find productive ways to carry the discussion forward."

Never forget this classic one.

youtube.com/watch?v=JTRAagg02s8
My god. I need to type me an awesome document like that to get mirinae buffed.

Also your avalanche changes are awesome.
07/06/2019 12:30 AMPosted by Wolverine
Never forget this classic one.

youtube.com/watch?v=JTRAagg02s8

That one still cracks me up.

07/06/2019 02:00 AMPosted by Logos
My god. I need to type me an awesome document like that to get mirinae buffed.

Also your avalanche changes are awesome.

Thanks! We thought that Avalanche has always been pretty lackluster, but we also thought that an Ava-centric build would play differently than your typical EQ build. In the end, we came up with the change to Dread Iron, and found a way to make an Ava build that is powerful, viable, and fun to play.

Really hope we get that new Dread Iron!
XMortifier posted our links in the German Barb forum! Many thanks for the support and I look forward to seeing EU Barbs chime in!
We need all the support we can get if blizzard is ever going to listen to us. The more the merrier. Lets just hope they don't ruin the builds even more.
07/07/2019 10:00 AMPosted by Free
XMortifier posted our links in the German Barb forum! Many thanks for the support and I look forward to seeing EU Barbs chime in!

Some of the EU Barbs have already been supporting this over here!
Also up-voted your EU thread.

If shaking pom-poms and doing 2-4-6-8 chants will help, let me know.
07/07/2019 10:33 AMPosted by LazyTurtle
We need all the support we can get if blizzard is ever going to listen to us. The more the merrier. Lets just hope they don't ruin the builds even more.

Well, one thing we don't have to worry about is nerfs LOL!

07/07/2019 10:45 AMPosted by Meteorblade
Some of the EU Barbs have already been supporting this over here!
Also up-voted your EU thread.

If shaking pom-poms and doing 2-4-6-8 chants will help, let me know.

The more we spread the word, the better our chance, I think. Tweet, email, and chat with your favorite streamers, YouTubers, and the Diablo devs and CMs (on Twitter) and let them know this proposal has been updated!
Update: Icy Veins has covered our proposal: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/44230-fan-suggested-barbarian-buffrework/
Free i left a post on the barb forum you created just so ya know.

Also its a excuse to bump this forum.
I think it'd be fair to say, maybe Barb should either be nerfed in the group support meta some what or Saders get a buff in group support meta to be in level with Barbs, befor Barbs get a good boost to their solo capacity. IMO this is a fair trade off.
Barb still is the most sort after class in the group meta.
07/07/2019 04:47 PMPosted by MOE
I think it'd be fair to say, maybe Barb should either be nerfed in the group support meta some what or Saders get a buff in group support meta to be in level with Barbs, befor Barbs get a good boost to their solo capacity. IMO this is a fair trade off.
Barb still is the most sort after class in the group meta.

No one wants support barbs except 4 mans, all the solo players would quit in a instant.