Barbarian Community Buff Proposal--UPDATES ARE LIVE!

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 12 Next
06/25/2019 12:32 PMPosted by TrvAix
Because I'm the victim of online bullying.

Being told that your opinion sucks isn't bullying.
06/25/2019 02:28 PMPosted by spacecadet13
06/25/2019 02:00 PMPosted by DieHarder
It is a great list that they put together.Can't wait to see what changes are going to come down the pike.

I almost feel like a kid the day before Christmas.

:)

Problem is that Blizz is Santa; we're all much more likely to get socks and stationery in our stockings than the stuff we really want, or in my case, deserve, as I really have truly been extra good this year, honest!

I'd like to think we'd get some, if not all, of the proposals in List One, but, yeah, not overly optimistic about it.

It has been confirmed that changes and buffs to Barbs are definitely on the table. What exactly that means, we don't know for sure. However the pitch that we have come up with is intended to help inspire the devs. If I'm being very optimistic it's also meant to be a guide post that will help fix the problems within our class. the changes we are requesting will definitely make all of our builds stronger for solo play, and a few will even assist support barbs in group play.

Later on, we can try to make the entire class more powerful, but that can't happen until we fix the major issues with supporting items and broken sets. And that's what we're trying to do right now.

Anyway, my point is that optimism is not misplaced right now. Will it be this next PTR? Or will it be the PTR after that? No way to know for sure. But I think that if we continue to generate positive discourse and attention to this list of proposals, that can only increase our chances of getting the stuff that we very desperately need.
If I could like post this 1,000 times I would!!

Bump for Barb buffs.
See what happens Blizzard? This is what happens when you neglect the Barbarians; they leave the frozen north of their forum and invade General Discussion. Address their demands Blizzard so they return from where they came.

If I could upvote this a million times I would. The Barbarian forum is one of the best thanks to folks like Free and the other Barbarians there.
06/25/2019 06:01 PMPosted by LuckyDevil
If I could like post this 1,000 times I would!!

Bump for Barb buffs.

06/25/2019 07:36 PMPosted by Sannyasin
See what happens Blizzard? This is what happens when you neglect the Barbarians; they leave the frozen north of their forum and invade General Discussion. Address their demands Blizzard so they return from where they came.

If I could upvote this a million times I would. The Barbarian forum is one of the best thanks to folks like Free and the other Barbarians there.

Thank you both for your support! Bluddshed recently discussed our proposal on his newest podcast and said he sent it directly to Blizzard. I think there's good reason to be optimistic about the future of Barbs!

06/25/2019 11:43 AMPosted by TrvAix
You've talked down to literally every one that disagrees with the smallest thing in your proposal. Which is what always happens on the Barb forums, if you're not part of the clique.

No, he hasn't. We won't always agree with suggestions or criticism of the proposal, but that's fine--everyone is entitled to their opinions, and we respect that. We've been polite, and when necessary, we've made sure to back up our stances with either sound game math or a sincere, thorough philosophy of design--or both.

It's no different on the Barb forum where the majority of discussion centers on helping new or returning players perfect their build. When we're curt, it's usually the result of someone engaging us with hostility or ignorance. And that's precisely what you've done here. You claim we have beef, but I don't know you, friend. I don't recall having spoken to you before, and looking through 10 pages of your post history, I don't see you participating in a Barb forum thread. In other words, I don't know you.

Look, this thread isn't about beefs. It's not about you. And it's certainly not about me and Rage.

It's about the ideas--the proposal--and the greater Barbarian community. And if you're not going to stop trolling and be constructive, the least you can do is exit the thread and stop harassing others.
06/25/2019 08:19 PMPosted by Free
I don't recall having spoken to you before, and looking through 10 pages of your post history

That was really creepy of you to do. I think Savage went through my history up to a year ago as well, so he could bring up that he told me how stricken works... That's really really creepy.
Creepy! Haha, ridiculous...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wujVMIYzYXg
06/25/2019 08:33 PMPosted by TrvAix
I don't recall having spoken to you before, and looking through 10 pages of your post history

That was really creepy of you to do. I think Savage went through my history up to a year ago as well, so he could bring up that he told me how stricken works... That's really really creepy.

Creepy?

You asked for it. I mean, come on, someone has to uncover your lies and call you out. You're acting like a child deprived of attention.

;)

Taking a quick look at something hardly qualifies a person as "creepy".

It's about the ideas--the proposal--and the greater Barbarian community. And if you're not going to stop trolling and be constructive, the least you can do is exit the thread and stop harassing others.

A sound statement, if there ever was one.
06/25/2019 08:43 PMPosted by Rage
Creepy! Haha, ridiculous...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wujVMIYzYXg

I cracked up! Good one!

06/25/2019 09:33 PMPosted by DieHarder
Creepy?

You asked for it. I mean, come on, someone has to uncover your lies and call you out. You're acting like a child deprived of attention.

;)

Well-said, DH. I appreciate your support, and I appreciate your input in this community endeavor.

06/25/2019 09:33 PMPosted by Oblivion
A sound statement, if there ever was one.

Hear, hear!

On that note, I urge everyone to forget the troll and focus on what's important--buffs for Barbs!

And for those who play other classes and feel their favorite class has been left out in the cold, I encourage you to do what we're doing: generate discourse in your class community! Use that to build a cohesive pitch!

When folks say the Barb community is amazing, it's because we have active, long-standing members who A) know the game in and out, and B) care enough to, through thick and thin, work for that class. I am confident other class communities can do the same, and I look forward to seeing the results!

I know i am abit of a wank on the forums having a laugh about the Seasonal Journey. But you take it to a whole new level. Respect is something that is earned my friend. Not freely given out
Just let this TrvAix fella be ignored to oblivion.
Dont reply to his attention calls, let him settle and mature a bit.
If he keeps on trolling, report him.

On topic,
Although I feel sympathetic to your optimism, unless changes come along this next patch already, I'm afraid nothing relevant is to be expected.

And that's what I feel it's important to be communicated asap by the community manager. Or at least, having this thread acknowledged with a "awesome feedback guys, keep up the good work!!" from Nev.

So.... Nev?! ....
06/25/2019 12:32 PMPosted by TrvAix
Because I'm the victim of online bullying. That was my reaction.

Ahh. A millenial.. Grow a pair man.

And

I am the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAXij_5Rr0U
My view is that every class should have some form of balance change each season to keep the game fresh.

It's disappointing that Barb got no changes and also didn't get to benefit from the Season Theme (in any meaningful way). Hopefully a misstep not repeated

Having been through the document, I'm very grateful that there are people who still care so deeply about the game this long after its release. I'm all for balance to the push builds and the more skills and builds each class has the better

So hopefully Blizzard will pick this up and implement some of the changes

Good luck Free & Rage (plus all Barbs!!)
Thanks, FC!

We're keeping our fingers crossed. I'm also really hopeful that our document will get the creative juices flowing for some folks who are expert in other classes: I'd love to see something similar for Monk, DH, WD, or Crusader!
Great work to all involved, fingers crossed.
Great news, guys.

First, our buff proposal was discussed by Bluddshed in his most recent podcast: https://youtu.be/E-VmcaxlGB0

He begins to discuss our proposal right around 13:00, and he confirms that he has sent links to our proposal directly to Blizzard.

Next, Filthy Casual has covered our proposal in-depth on his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90dJYT85bPs&feature=youtu.be

Filthy discusses some of the finer points in our proposal, and offers his feedback on some of our ideas. The presentation is excellent in this video, and we really appreciate the coverage. If you're looking for some quality D3 content, subscribe to these channels! Huge thanks to Bluddshed and Filthy Casual for their support and coverage!

And don't forget to comment, upvote, and share this thread! We're picking up steam and it's all thanks to you!
Awesome!

I watched Bludd's podcast yesterday.

Now I'll going to go see what Filthy has to say.

06/26/2019 10:23 AMPosted by Free
We're picking up steam and it's all thanks to you!

Exciting times!

Edited:

Or better yet and in reality, it's all because of you and Rage!
06/26/2019 12:46 PMPosted by DieHarder
Exciting times!

Edited:

Or better yet and in reality, it's all because of you and Rage!

Thanks. We took the lead, but the project is a community effort. Best of all, if we can get most or all of what we want, it's the community that will benefit. I'm excited to think about the kinds of builds that will suddenly become viable.

If we get List 2, well, it will truly be the Golden Age of Barb Builds.