2-4 Player Leaderboards change

General Discussion
Leaderboards of groups could be divided according to class compositions.

There will always be some meta consisting of exactly same classes with exactly same builds to reach highest ranks.

For example, additionally to message 'Nickname has reached Rank XYZ in 4 player Leaderboards' you would recieve also message 'Nickname has reached Rank XYZ in Crusader-Monk-Witch Doctor-Wizard Leaderboards'. Or something like that.

This could bring a lot of diversity in group plays. Trying different group compositions, different builds to achieve highest rank. We could finally push highest possible GRs in team with currently useless classes like Crusader and so on.
You do realize how many leaderboards this would create right. If they can't give stash pages due to server limitations, i doubt they will be able to track a whole lot more leaderboards.
Yes, at 4 players it would be 210 internal leaderboards, how many places are in leaderboard? 1000? thats 210000 records, not that much comparing to stash where u have to store multiple items of millions players.
edited:
With 7 classes and 4 player max per game, you get:
4 players: 35 different combinations
3 players: 35 different combinations
2 players: 21 different combinations
1 player: 7 different combinations

98 different leaderboards... do you really want to scroll through 98 leaderboards?
Have u ever heard of thing called 'filter'?
You would click either global leaderboard or by filtering specific classes, thats 2 leaderboards to scroll
06/24/2019 08:20 AMPosted by SteLitY
With 6 classes and 4 player max per game, you get:
4 players: 360 different permutations
3 players: 120 different permutations
2 players: 30 different permutations
1 player: 6 different permutations

360 + 120 + 30 + 6 = 516 different leaderboards... do you really want to scroll through 516 leaderboards?

Well, there is actually 7 classes: barb, crusader, dh, monk, wd, wiz, necro. On top of that, your math is wrong.

Look at the 2 player combinations:
barb/barb barb/cru barb/dh barb/monk barb/wd barb/wiz barb/necro
cru/cru cru/dh cru/monk cru/wd cru/wiz cru/necro
dh/dh dh/monk dh/wd dh/wiz dh/necro
monk/monk monk/wd monk/wiz monk/necro
wd/wd wd/wiz wd/necro
wiz/wiz wiz/necro
necro/necro

That is 28 combinations with 7 classes, you had 30 with 6 classes, think you were double counting (barb, cru and cru, barb) along with not counting doubles of the same class (barb, barb), but I do agree we do not need a few 100 leaderboards.
What’s with the leaderboard fascination? You win no prize, no one in your “real life” will know nor give a crap. Nobody in game gives a crap. Literally nobody cares man! When was the last time someone said to you, Hey man, good to see you, I hear your rank 5 on the 3 man Diablo 3 leaderboards back in season 7. Man that’s impressive. Can I have your autograph? ........ never have and never will hear these words. So play the damn game however you want not giving a crap about the meaningless leaderboards FFS.
06/24/2019 12:01 PMPosted by Coco
What’s with the leaderboard fascination? You win no prize, no one in your “real life” will know nor give a crap. Nobody in game gives a crap. Literally nobody cares man! When was the last time someone said to you, Hey man, good to see you, I hear your rank 5 on the 3 man Diablo 3 leaderboards back in season 7. Man that’s impressive. Can I have your autograph? ........ never have and never will hear these words. So play the damn game however you want not giving a crap about the meaningless leaderboards FFS.

Basically 90% of people playing D3 care about leaderboards, why else would you play this game if not for competition?

Exactly lol,no one gives a !@#$ if you are good at diablo 3.Its like being good at washing the dishes.
i must be in the 10% then as i've never cared about the leaderboards. I just play with some friends for the fun of it.
06/24/2019 12:28 PMPosted by Linkee

Basically 90% of people playing D3 care about leaderboards, why else would you play this game if not for competition?

Rofl. 90%

The people who "care" about leader boards often cheat for their placement, and for what? So the other cheating neckbeards they play with can pat them on the back for their awesome utilisation of a map hack?

If you like fair competition, I'm afraid you are playing the wrong game.

People play this game for many reasons. Personally, it's catch up time with mates, alongside the mindless slaughter.
06/24/2019 02:36 PMPosted by Jay
People play this game for many reasons. Personally, it's catch up time with mates, alongside the mindless slaughter.

Someone who gets it
If nobody cares about leaderboards then why i cant ever match up with anyone with my crusader to push high GRs? Write zmonk to communities u have invites, write crusader literally everybody spit on you. The reality is over 95% of people are interested only in leaderboards otherwise i cant explain it. All i want is some diversity in this game. But obviously people in these forums doesnt want to change anything, every idea here is disliked, they are perfectly fine with exactly same meta all the time, yet everybody complains how bad diablo 3 is compared to 2. So go and play your meta hypocrites.
06/24/2019 02:36 PMPosted by Jay
Rofl. 90%

The people who "care" about leader boards often cheat for their placement, and for what? So the other cheating neckbeards they play with can pat them on the back for their awesome utilisation of a map hack?

If you like fair competition, I'm afraid you are playing the wrong game.

Don't know what the exact numbers are, but just by seeing most active in-game communities (which are those GR pushers, at least in EU realm), I can safely assume that I'm not that wrong (also, don't forget about youtubers who mostly care about ladders and gather around themselves a ton of people alike)... and yeah, sure - there are also people who don't care about it, but they're minority considering all the above.

I personally would be bored to death if not leaderboards, why would I even want to gear up? Why would we even need a seasons, if not for the ladder reset. I could literally speedrun T16 within a few days into the season, and got my wings in like 1,5 week into the season, so there would be no point to play anymore. Playing just to play is boring for me, I need to see a purpose in what I'm doing. I'm gearing up to be competetive.

Of course there are bots and you can't catch up to them - so what? I don't have to be better than bots to enjoy my progress. On seasons I have 1400 paragon lvls, 115 lvl gems and managed to climb to #13 (where all people above me have like 1,8-2,7k paragons + 130-140 lvl gems. Can easily be in top10 if only I get the right rift... and I did never use a bot of any sort. All of this I did myself, and I'm proud of it. That's what makes me play the game.
Without leaderboards in game, the high score charts get maintained on a forum with YouTube as proof. This could be a community project if someone wanted to setup a website/database to accept and validate submissions. (Like SSF)

Back to this request, the LB caters to certain players, those motivated by performance. Like any hobby, be it sports, cars, tech, most food eaten, some people enjoy charts and data -- whether they participate in it, or just appreciate another's accomplishment.
Here we are in 2019 and people are still more worried about the leaderboards than the game itself