Please add an "Atmospheric Mode"

General Discussion
The Diablo franchise is about atmosphere, Atmosphere, ATMOSPHERE above all else in my opinion. Music, environments, dreariness. I get it, the ship has sailed on the whole color palette thing but for the love of God let us remove all the notifications that remind me that I'm playing a game and really kill any chance to be immersed in this game. I don't care how many monsters I've killed in a row. I don't need a blinking neon sign telling me I've hit a checkpoint, I don't care that I've unlocked skill X or Y, or I don't need to announce it to everyone in my house that I've leveled up. I just want to play and be immersed in this world and it's hard when I get these constant reminders that I'm playing a game set to EZ mode.
I’m sorry you hate features that are commonplace in games nowadays.
06/21/2019 12:32 AMPosted by ShinJelly
The Diablo franchise is about atmosphere, Atmosphere, ATMOSPHERE above all else in my opinion. Music, environments, dreariness. I get it, the ship has sailed on the whole color palette thing but for the love of God let us remove all the notifications that remind me that I'm playing a game and really kill any chance to be immersed in this game. I don't care how many monsters I've killed in a row. I don't need a blinking neon sign telling me I've hit a checkpoint, I don't care that I've unlocked skill X or Y, or I don't need to announce it to everyone in my house that I've leveled up. I just want to play and be immersed in this world and it's hard when I get these constant reminders that I'm playing a game set to EZ mode.

Agreed with you mate. They should add display and sound notifications on game > options. I would remove all notifications. I don't wanna know i got a checkpoint, i got a paragon, or i got one achievement this won't change my life and these sounds polute the game.
Wrong game imo.

If I want to get immersed in a game then I play some single player game like a nicely modded Skyrim or Mass Effect serie,etc.

Maybe its just me but I never played Diablo games for the 'Atmospheric' feeling.:P 'Playing Diablo since D1-2 before anyone jumps on me'
If I wanted to get immersed I'd play an RTS with historic depth, not an ARPG. Changes from person to person but I don't think ARPG with that ratee of action in it would be any immersive no matter how hard you try.
You can remove blur fueled laser beams, rainbows and butterflies, you'd still left with many other immersion breaks that didn't belong into this game and taken apart from Warhammer 40k.
06/21/2019 12:32 AMPosted by ShinJelly

Most of this can be turn off in the options under gameplay. Social settings can be turn off as well. The others like chat window is annoying at times. How many monster you kill is on your profile not in game while you're doing your immersed. The best thing you can do is train yourself to ignore by not pay any attention and view the notifications as if it's just part of the game background display. This is a visual method to trick your brain as well train it.

I will say go into your blizzard app settings and under social you can turn off notifications or the sound of it or both if you like.

06/21/2019 05:20 AMPosted by Orrion

OP didn't say and show any hatred in this thread. Not all games has that nor is it a common place. To say all games by implying it when it's some or most. Not saying the correct amount is being lazy and it will mislead others of the real message.
06/22/2019 07:22 AMPosted by Wise

06/21/2019 05:20 AMPosted by Orrion

OP didn't say and show any hatred in this thread.

It’s called “reading between the lines.” Or maybe “recognizing a common theme.” You don’t rant against things you like.

Not all games has that nor is it a common place. To say all games by implying it when it's some or most.

I didn’t say all games had it.

I said it’s “commonplace.” Not “a common place.” The word “commonplace” means that such things aren’t unusual.

If you don’t know what a word means in English, look it up. Don’t say it’s something else.

Not saying the correct amount is being lazy and it will mislead others of the real message.

No offense, but I don’t think you have enough understanding of English nuances to be telling anyone this.