Chiltara runing the game =(!!!!

General Discussion
Chiltara Broken =(

i have killed this thing over 300 times she still didn't drop gem for staff herding like drop less than 10%. Blizzard plz fix it so she drops it once she dead. this ridiculous that people have to remake so many games for 1 piece of a staff!!!!!
Its RNG.
Keep trying. Nuff said.................
It's meant to be a rare chase item to build a rare chase item that adds amusement to the game that is entirely optional. There's nothing mandatory about it at all, you could continue playing the game just fine without getting the staff built.

The drops are acceptable for an item that is not mandatory to play.
Yeah, Gibbering gemstone is a pain. Obviously, this is anecdotal but I farmed for it at the same time as the Falcon wings (always doing both runs before restarting the game) and I got the wings way before the gemstone...
Hang in there, you're gonna get it eventually.
Back in vanilla she used to be a much rarer spawn but when you did find her the gibbering gemstone was a 100% drop chance. At some point they decided to change this so that she spawns more often but the drop chance of the item when killing her is now tiny. It's a lot more frustrating the new way and 300 runs is certainly on the pretty extreme end of unlucky.
Got mine first kill =)!!!!
06/26/2019 12:32 PMPosted by Cerberuspup
Chiltara Broken =(

i have killed this thing over 300 times she still didn't drop gem for staff herding like drop less than 10%. Blizzard plz fix it so she drops it once she dead. this !@#$ing ridiculous that people have to remake so many games for 1 freaking piece of a staff!!!!!

Try to kill her on normal difficulty and/or in story mode.
BTW - next things to go after on your list should be Cosmic Wings and Wirt's Original Leg. Your current 300 runs will be nothing to compare to.
drop less than 10%
That's right , it is less than 10%. The drop rate is at 0.5% and it's the hardest item to get in game. You can play on any mode, any difficulty and it won't increase your odds.
I have killed the mob many times (I don't keep track because it's futile) and for the last 2 Seasons the thing has not dropped for me on 6 accounts each.

Methinks the drop chance might be a smidgen too low...
Me and my friend farmed that thing for like 8 hours. Then it dropped for him, while I got nothing :( The next run it also dropped for me. I also randomly got one last season doing goblin runs. R N G
06/26/2019 01:17 PMPosted by Meteorblade
Back in vanilla she used to be a much rarer spawn but when you did find her the gibbering gemstone was a 100% drop chance. At some point they decided to change this so that she spawns more often but the drop chance of the item when killing her is now tiny. It's a lot more frustrating the new way and 300 runs is certainly on the pretty extreme end of unlucky.

I think I still have my Infernal Staff of Herding tucked away on a mule somewhere. Could not bring myself to delete it after all that effort.

Yes, I also have the current version, as I'm not sure if the old one still works. Forgot I had it until recently.

I believe it was specific to the difficulty you created it in back then?

As in, a Nightmarish staff would not open the NTCL in Inferno difficulty, but the Infernal staff could open it in all difficulties.

I could be wrong, it was a long time ago.

Either way.. It's irrelevant now.

Good luck OP. Hope you get your gibbering gemstone before you become a gibbering mess!
06/27/2019 01:20 AMPosted by Jay
Yes, I also have the current version, as I'm not sure if the old one still works.

I still have my Infernal Staff of Herding and it opens Whimsyshire just fine.

There were multiple recipes for the staff. You'd create a normal staff, and each subsequent staff level required the previous staff level as an ingredient.

If you obtained these recipes during vanilla, they're still there in your Blacksmith's list of things to make and you can still upgrade to an Infernal one.
06/27/2019 01:42 AMPosted by Meteorblade
Yes, I also have the current version, as I'm not sure if the old one still works.

I still have my Infernal Staff of Herding and it opens Whimsyshire just fine.

There were multiple recipes for the staff. You'd create a normal staff, and each subsequent staff level required the previous staff level as an ingredient.

If you obtained these recipes during vanilla, they're still there in your Blacksmith's list of things to make and you can still upgrade to an Infernal one.

Ah! Thats right, thanks for refreshing my memory.

No need to test when i finally get on tonight in that case. Might keep just the OG staff. Extra stash slots are always welcome.

Cheers!
That was the last one i got when farming the staff.. (i get early this week).

By far is the hardest, because theres a chance of the cave spawning, then theres a chance of Chiltara spawn (even if its high), and a very low chance of droping the gem.

I did like 300 Chiltara runs to get that
06/26/2019 06:59 PMPosted by Solace
it's the hardest item to get in game.

I would argue that the Cosmic Wings are the hardest to get. First you need a rare Rainbow Goblin, then you need Princess Lillian to spawn which is very rare.
I tried all last weekend no luck, then Monday after first few attempts "bang" there it was. You'd think 5% drop chance was pretty high, but I'd say well over 60 attempts before I got mine on season.
yep seems pretty unlucky norn i would never go after such a thing but i wanted the rainbow frame.
did the staff in one night took about 2 weeks to kill sir william
I got mine after around 30-40 runs.
Really unlucky!
just got mine randomly in a bounty run