Unity Legendary Parties out there???

General Discussion
Hi i am looking for unity legendary users out there who can team up with me. i use one and would be nice if i could use it in multiplayer mode. Also i am a demon hunter would be helpful if you are too so we can share loot :-)
There was an in-game community that did that. No idea if they are still active though. Try searching "unity" in the in-game community search.
06/24/2019 06:55 PMPosted by Quagsire96
i use one and would be nice if i could use it in multiplayer mode.

What do you want to accomplish with that?
06/24/2019 07:01 PMPosted by DEATHWISH
06/24/2019 06:55 PMPosted by Quagsire96
i use one and would be nice if i could use it in multiplayer mode.

What do you want to accomplish with that?

if demon hunter party you know we can share loot
06/24/2019 07:03 PMPosted by Quagsire96
if demon hunter party you know we can share loot

You don´t need a Unity for a loot share with other DHs,you know?
Using Unity in an actual multiplayer setting is just asking for trouble.
Unity makes sense with a Follower that cannot die.
I think there are far better uses for those ring slots in multi.
Using a Unity in a live group in non-hard-core play is just a matter of preference. In general, you'll die more often than if you didn't use Unity, and if you keep track, you'll notice that it's pretty much the only difference between using it and not using it.

Using a Unity in a live group in hard-core play is essentially the same as using it in non-hard-core play, except when you die it's permanent.

If everybody is blasting along and taking essentially the same damage, the Unity provides a zero-sum game; everybody is taking the damage split off from the other players. As it turns out, the 75% of your damage that you give away to the other three players comes back to you, because you take 25% of the damage of each of them, totaling 75%.

The real problem starts when damage is asymmetric. Let's say you're playing hard-core, and you step on a Demon Mine and proc your life saving passive. So you run around the corner and hide so you can wait out the timer, or teleport to town. Now, if your three party members continue, and they take damage, even though you are not taking any damage from combat, you'll take 75% of the damage they take, because each one of them will offload 25% of their damage to you. You will still transfer 25% of that damage back to the group, but the remainder could be enough to kill you where you stand.

As most players discovered years ago, Unity is only helpful when you're playing solo, you and your Follower equip it, and your Follower is using a Token/Relic/Focus that prevents them from dying. Essentially that item makes the Follower impervious to damage, and it takes none. Since the Follower is impervious to all damage, no matter what it gets into it transfers none to you. On the other hand, you transfer 50% of your damage to the follower, who is impervious to it, so it doesn't matter. Basically, in solo play, the combination of Unity and the Follower is a 50% damage reduction system.

The unity is ill advised in all other situations, unless you need a ring, and it's the only one you have.
06/24/2019 07:42 PMPosted by StoneOld
The real problem starts when damage is asymmetric. Let's say you're playing hard-core, and you step on a Demon Mine and proc your life saving passive. So you run around the corner and hide so you can wait out the timer, or teleport to town. Now, if your three party members continue, and they take damage, even though you are not taking any damage from combat, you'll take 75% of the damage they take, because each one of them will offload 25% of their damage to you. You will still transfer 25% of that damage back to the group, but the remainder could be enough to kill you where you stand.

So youre saying Unity is actually useless in multi player??? *FACEPALM* I'm sorry if i disturbed the forums.
06/24/2019 08:47 PMPosted by Quagsire96
So youre saying Unity is actually useless in multi player??? *FACEPALM* I'm sorry if i disturbed the forums.

Then make the next season a HC season with perma Unity where you can only play HC chars in season and non-season.That would be fun.
Tried it once for giggles with other people and it's hilarious how you can PK them by stepping on ground effects.

Harmless for low GRs but useless otherwise.