Trolling in Greater Rifts no XP either.

General Discussion
Here is the new way bad players/trolls are doing so you dont get your XP.

At the end of a Greater Rift trolls wont upgrade their gems stay in the Greater Rift dead even if you resurrect them. They will wait until they get kicked out since they don't reply to any messages. After they are kicked you wont get the XP from the Greater Rift. The glitch in this case is you cannot close the Greater Rift either way since the troll wont upgrade his gems and after he is kicked out the block from his non upgrading the gems remains and you cant get your XP.

Blizzard needs to fix this - Happening more and more often now.

I suggest writing these trolls name down and reporting them.
Playing Devils Advocate here a little.

There are such things like power outages, provider outages. and a slew of other possible issues that could cause the player to be non responsive.

Lot of rain all over the place for instance, My basement started flooding while in game. Had to go and leave the computer. I'm sure this happened to the clan members I was with.

Family emergency. Maybe the pizza guy showed up.
Just saying there are many reasons
I'll just go with "bots". Once task is done they tend to go dormant. Possibly you have encountered one.

06/21/2019 06:04 PMPosted by kwittstruck
Playing Devils Advocate here a little.

Don't.

06/21/2019 06:04 PMPosted by kwittstruck
and a slew of other possible issues that could cause the player to be non responsive

Sad to inform you that there's no power nor ISP outage. Otherwise they wouldn't need to kick him out.
Don't.
Why do you say don't when it is already done? :)

06/21/2019 06:07 PMPosted by naksiloth
Sad to inform you that there's no power nor ISP outage. Otherwise they wouldn't need to kick him out.

I am sorry you are sad. Yes power/isp may have a shorter delay to auto kick a player... This will not discount other things like them having to leave the pc in a hurry. Life happens.

Also there is a thing called Block, in game. Using this would avoid players that purposefully do this kind of thing.
06/21/2019 07:03 PMPosted by kwittstruck
This will not discount other things like them having to leave the pc in a hurry. Life happens.

Then you leave the game, you don't expect game to play itself. If you catch my drift.
06/21/2019 07:15 PMPosted by naksiloth
Then you leave the game, you don't expect game to play itself. If you catch my drift.

So... Lets set this up.

You are playing the game, something happens, maybe your wife ended up cutting her self bad while cooking. Maybe your basement started flooding. Maybe just maybe a child falls down some steps, or is playing and trips head first in the coffee table...
I am sure your first thought is going to be.. "Wait a moment, I got to finish this." Or, "Hold on, let me leave the game so others don't get pissed."

Not to say this is what is happening, and I hope it is not the case, but as I said, life happens. You do not know other's situations.
There are people who don't vote kick idle players thinking that they will come back and are being devils advocate.

From 7 to 12 bounties in pub games in general, and I try to explain to people who would help vote kick that they are disrespecting my time. The person who's actually working on the bounties, but these people don't get it.

They must be democrats.
06/21/2019 07:24 PMPosted by Phatty
They must be democrats.

No need to get political.
Many play games for fun and to get a break from life and away from the world events, Lets not bring world events to the game...
Test it out with 3 other friends and let me know what happens. After 5 minutes of waiting for the one that got the short straw for testing purposes please relate your experience on here. Do a Grift, the tester dies before Grift guardian appears and stays dead. Kick him after the other 3 have upped their gems and see what happens.

This will soon become an issue in a lot of public games. Just letting all of you know that it kind of sucks losing the XP from a Grift 100. Bot maybe, act of God, mother nature meh... if i leave my keyboard it takes 2 seconds to hit the exit game button.
06/21/2019 07:42 PMPosted by CAM
Do a Grift, the tester dies before Grift

I play HC only so... Nope...
06/21/2019 07:19 PMPosted by kwittstruck
Maybe your basement started flooding.

You leave your computer open in a flooded basement just to stay afk in a game? How likely you to get drowned before you leave the game and close your soon to be short circuit computer and leave it at the basement? May be a meteor struck your house at the same time too?

I am sure your first thought is going to be

Nope. Don't troll on such dire cases. Pulling a plug or tapping the reset button shouldn't be too hard. If anything you don't encounter them this often if you were play with legit players.
They should bugfix the player kick.
Really? You're whining about a 100?..?
Just assumed higher..maybe do it alone?
Sorry, I don't subscribe to feeling sorry for the guy who went afk in a pub game without warning or saying anything.

If I did that, I'd expect to be kicked and wouldn't feel entitled to expect to stay in the game.

While I would be thankful that they didn't kick me, I sure the hell wouldn't expect it.

You put in the time and effort. It's common courtesy to kick people that aren't around for everyone's efforts. I would never value 1 persons afk to the rest of the teams efforts.
06/21/2019 09:37 PMPosted by Phatty
Sorry, I don't subscribe to feeling sorry for the guy who went afk in a pub game without warning or saying anything.

He's just trolling you know?
06/21/2019 07:03 PMPosted by kwittstruck
Also there is a thing called Block, in game. Using this would avoid players that purposefully do this kind of thing.

Putting a player on Block just prevents you seeing what they write in chat channels. It does not prevent you from being put into a group they are part of or vice versa. I wish it did, and that Block lists were longer, so that people that bot would eventually run out of groups they could join.
I don't think I've done a public Greater Rift since the first weekend of the season. I just play with clans and communities.
Although I just made a Zmonk and I'd like to test him in public GRs before I jump into higher stuff.
06/21/2019 07:15 PMPosted by naksiloth

So... Lets set this up.

You are playing the game, something happens, maybe your wife ended up cutting her self bad while cooking. Maybe your basement started flooding. Maybe just maybe a child falls down some steps, or is playing and trips head first in the coffee table...
I am sure your first thought is going to be.. "Wait a moment, I got to finish this." Or, "Hold on, let me leave the game so others don't get pissed."

Not to say this is what is happening, and I hope it is not the case, but as I said, life happens. You do not know other's situations.

Really? Cause when life happens I and most other people who play with a group whether its, D3, WOW or any other game they play usually say "brb in a few" and indicate " door, phone, food etc

Quit trying to defend players who behave and act like jerks.
I fell asleep once must of been very tried lol
It's true what OP says just because they're other players who may not do this doesn't negate OP statement. It just means there's other sides to it. So, by keep talking about the other sides while not talking about OP statement isn't letting OP know their point has reach.

There should be a greater punish for those who do this. Even if those are having their side problems like family members, pets, and other things they have control over. It's a choice to have those and knowing the risk shouldn't be put on others in the game so they can't do gr. Waiting for it to happen is like waiting for some one slip on a huge puddle that a person made only to wipe it up knowing it was there. Like blizzard they don't know who is on an account so if a rule is broken for them to take action that account is punish regardless who is on it that may not be the legit owner. Responsibilities is the key and reduce the likelihood of problems arising without having it both ways or leave it to the other players to deal with.