Rend build 2019 help Advice

Barbarian
I'm doing a rend build for my barb. The other threads date back to 2014 or 2015 of the latest. I just started this build in this season so my character will be looking like stuff been throw together. I'm fully aware whirl wind is part of this build.

I want to know what still works and what doesn't. What skills should I use with in the four slots. I have no clue when it comes to stats on gear. Any feedback is welcome and yes correcting me is too as long there's no personal attacking.

New player for barb seeking advice but a old player of the game.
Unfortunately, there are no viable Rend builds. All supporting items for the skill are outdated and incredibly weak. The older mentions that you found are very outdated, and anything that you can do with Rend is vastly outclassed by every single other build we have.

Take a look at the new players guide stickied at the top of this forum and that should point you in the right direction for builds, gear, and everything you'll need to know to get your Barb rolling.
06/22/2019 03:34 PMPosted by Free
Unfortunately, there are no viable Rend builds. All supporting items for the skill are outdated and incredibly weak. The older mentions that you found are very outdated, and anything that you can do with Rend is vastly outclassed by every single other build we have.

Take a look at the new players guide stickied at the top of this forum and that should point you in the right direction for builds, gear, and everything you'll need to know to get your Barb rolling.

So, basically it's obsolete build for the most part. If I were to try to find a way to improve it how will I go about that just like other players did with the invoker build for the crud? I know hard work and a lot of testing but what are the steps?
The set bonuses for Invoker were changed for one. Last season was a free RoRG effect which allowed a free pair of Nems or an Andariel's Visage.

There is nothing comparable that can be done with Rend unless supporting items are added/changed and possible changes to the skill and set as well.
06/22/2019 09:31 PMPosted by Wise
If I were to try to find a way to improve it how will I go about that just like other players did with the invoker build for the crud? I know hard work and a lot of testing but what are the steps?

Sorry, but that's not an option. Rend builds will struggle in GR 80-90. Various builds have been tested and re-tested over the years, but without better supporting legendaries, Rend is worthless.
06/22/2019 11:14 PMPosted by Free
If I were to try to find a way to improve it how will I go about that just like other players did with the invoker build for the crud? I know hard work and a lot of testing but what are the steps?

Sorry, but that's not an option. Rend builds will struggle in GR 80-90. Various builds have been tested and re-tested over the years, but without better supporting legendaries, Rend is worthless.

I really like the rend build it shows promise higher up I go. I can do gr 35 with it. Sucks it will start to lose it's worth. =(. Now I have to look for something else but I will keep it just to fool around. =D. Thanks for the info.

06/22/2019 10:28 PMPosted by GhostDragon
The set bonuses for Invoker were changed for one. Last season was a free RoRG effect which allowed a free pair of Nems or an Andariel's Visage.

There is nothing comparable that can be done with Rend unless supporting items are added/changed and possible changes to the skill and set as well.

My high hopes is crush but that was my own doing. Thanks for the added info. =)
06/22/2019 03:34 PMPosted by Free

So, basically it's obsolete build for the most part. If I were to try to find a way to improve it how will I go about that just like other players did with the invoker build for the crud? I know hard work and a lot of testing but what are the steps?

You cant improve it. All builds have a limit. Atleast 70% of all skills in the game are not used in T4+ due to not being viable. And the way the system was build it is solely based on set/LON based builds.