I don't get it, wizzard is end game?

General Discussion
I tought that devs are trying to balance the classes/builds. In patch 2.6.4, after long time, they do a big step forward on this. But seems that this was just a mistake, not a wish, because in 2.6.5 they do again:
wizzard better with at least 5 levels than all other classes !
should everybody play wizzard or? is wizzard the enf game?
really, really, do not understand...
There will always be a most powerful build/class, and a guy that comes here to complain about it. Why get so worked up over it, play what you enjoy and have fun.
06/25/2019 04:25 AMPosted by Caladon
There will always be a most powerful build/class, and a guy that comes here to complain about it. Why get so worked up over it, play what you enjoy and have fun.

yes, but 5 levels means wizz is doing DOUBLE damage than other classes. DOUBLE, not a bit better.
playing solo yes, you can enjoy what you want. entering public games, no... you need to be competitive and nothing beats wizz now...
Well, the META does dictate in group GR pushing which builds are mandatory. Right now the Bazooka Wizard is the best trash clearer and the very reason why 4 player groups are annihilating GR150s.

Want to change the meta? That'll require either nerfing some builds which will cause an outcry about gimping favorite builds or buffing other builds which cause an outcry about power creep.
06/25/2019 04:12 AMPosted by Danutz23
I tought that devs are trying to balance the classes/builds. In patch 2.6.4, after long time, they do a big step forward on this. But seems that this was just a mistake, not a wish, because in 2.6.5 they do again:
wizzard better with at least 5 levels than all other classes !
should everybody play wizzard or? is wizzard the enf game?
really, really, do not understand...

You tought wrong!
The Witch Doctor is end game for me.

Not caring about which class is currently best or what will get me a good ranking, makes the game far more enjoyable for me. I am playing the class I have the most fun with regardless of meta.

It also means stash space is not an issue for me. While I have several classes on my character list, the Necromancer is the only other one I have extra gear for. However, I do understand and fully support those that need more because they play several classes.
06/25/2019 05:15 AMPosted by Orrion
06/25/2019 04:12 AMPosted by Danutz23
I tought that devs are trying to balance the classes/builds.

You tought wrong!

I tought I taw a puddy tat! I did! I did! I taw a puddy tat!
Why are people so consumed with "the meta"?

Look, if you want to play in groups, you got to play the "meta", so it makes no sense to complain about a meta being meta. Sheesh.

If you just want to play whatever class doing whatever, you either play solo, or run lower grifts.

The thing is, there is no real difference between a Grift 150 or a 125 or even Grift 100, only the monster health changes. So play what you want and just push it as high as it goes.

And if it's the leaderboards, you're complaining about, there's no prize for being first, it's just a name on a board with only the value you put in it. So let the leaderboard go and all your problems are magically solved.
06/25/2019 10:32 AMPosted by Idolis
And if it's the leaderboards, you're complaining about, there's no prize for being first, it's just a name on a board with only the value you put in it. So let the leaderboard go and all your problems are magically solved.

And chances are you're "competing" with a bunch of folks whose bots help outfit their main toons with gg primals and ancients and a few thousand more paragon.

Join a clan, screw the pubs and play what/how you want. Every class has builds that are GR100+ capable with ease and many with low paragon/average gear. Do you want to grind 14+ min 140s and fish for perfect rifts or just go kill stuff and have fun doing it?
Just one Z bro.

On topic, play what you want, and have fun. Personally, I can't stand the wizard class sets so I don't play wizard. Every set is a wonky play style.
i mean you guys can say play what you want but when what you want to do is be competitive this is a problem wizard has been top of leader boards for yrs now it hasnt changed. everyone is gr130+ meanwhile you got monk barely scraping 127. because they havent gotten an buffs or supporting legendary items for a long long time now. i play what i want but i also want to be able to compete as well and monk cant compete at all the only thing they can do is zmonk which gets boring being support all the time.
Try the Uninstall Wizard. It's the most balanced
06/26/2019 08:59 AMPosted by yungluke222
competitive

You lost me there. Leader boards are a complete farce. The only competition is with yourself and your friends.

If you want to play a class you don't enjoy just so you can "compete" with cheaters then what does that say about you?
06/25/2019 04:57 AMPosted by Danutz23
06/25/2019 04:25 AMPosted by Caladon

yes, but 5 levels means wizz is doing DOUBLE damage than other classes. DOUBLE, not a bit better.
playing solo yes, you can enjoy what you want. entering public games, no... you need to be competitive and nothing beats wizz now...

No it doesn’t. GR clears are not decided by raw damage output alone. It depends on a particular player skill, the map, and of course gear and paragon level.
My push barb has top of the line gear, with my level of skill if I get the map of my dreams I can clear +5 GRs higher than I’m currently at, and that is rank 3 NS. I won’t need x5 raw damage, just give me the right map with pylons and gg boss.
Highest clears also depend on how competitive the class leaderboard is, how many folks are pushing. Lots of very skilled people are pushing wiz these days, so of course we will see some really high clears.
06/27/2019 12:14 AMPosted by Evenstar
06/25/2019 04:57 AMPosted by Danutz23

No it doesn’t. GR clears are not decided by raw damage output alone. It depends on a particular player skill, the map, and of course gear and paragon level.
My push barb has top of the line gear, with my level of skill if I get the map of my dreams I can clear +5 GRs higher than I’m currently at, and that is rank 3 NS. I won’t need x5 raw damage, just give me the right map with pylons and gg boss.
Highest clears also depend on how competitive the class leaderboard is, how many folks are pushing. Lots of very skilled people are pushing wiz these days, so of course we will see some really high clears.

Not entirely true look at the lowest clears wizard - "any other class" in the world on www.diablo3ladder.com.

Using the lowest clears we are removing the skill and replacing it with damage numbers, then from the forums I have read its 18% more damage per GR level (correct me if I'm wrong).

Lets look at all the classes
Crusader - 118-107 = 11 levels= 198%
Monk - 118-105 = 13 levels = 234%
DH - 118-110 = 8 levels = 144%
WD - 118-107 = 11 levels= 198%
Necro - 118-107 = 11 levels= 198%
Barb - 118-95 = 23 levels = 414%

Even if more people are playing wizard lets say we take away 3 levels or 50%, wizard is still top of the pops by a huge margin.

Pretty disappointing from my point of view that in a Lon season the non-Lon build got the most love and its not like wizard really needed as it was already competitive.

but blizzard logic and all that at least we get a patch every few months.
Many many years ago, the top class was barbarian...

nothing is permanent...
06/25/2019 10:32 AMPosted by Idolis
Why are people so consumed with "the meta"?

Look, if you want to play in groups, you got to play the "meta", so it makes no sense to complain about a meta being meta. Sheesh.

If you just want to play whatever class doing whatever, you either play solo, or run lower grifts.

The thing is, there is no real difference between a Grift 150 or a 125 or even Grift 100, only the monster health changes. So play what you want and just push it as high as it goes.

1. Health is not the only thing that changes between G-rift levels, damage & EXP (Most Important factor) also change.

EXP = more paragon levels. More paragon levels = more main stat. More main stat = more damage & Toughness. More damage & toughness = you can do higher G-rift. Rise & Repeat.

2. No one likes metas, get off your high horse, acting as if solo playing or ignoring part of the game. This just makes the rest of their argument null & void.

This is the same as saying, i'm going to play borderlands without guns, because i'm a solo player, and i don't want to play normal mode, I just want to walk up to enemies and let them shoot me in the face until I die.

3. People are naturally competitive so not being able to get on the leader-boards just because you don't want to play a specific build/class is flat out retarded and encourages people quitting regardless of if they could be on the leader boards with the buffs.
I'd like to point out one thing Evenstar touched on. And that's that a lot of skilled players are pushing with Wizard. See, when a class pulls ahead enough to be considered "the best", then you'll have a lot of the best players using that class. Which makes it appear to be even further ahead of the other classes. Hope that makes sense.
I'm not saying Wiz isn't OP. I just felt like Evenstar had a good point in his post.
Speaking as a Wizard, Archon stacks need to buff the damage of ONLY Archon. Other classes then need to be brought up to that same level.

The current paradigm of LoN Sp, Monk, Barb, Nec is no good for the other classes. We need to be roughly equal.