Diablo 4 off the cuff

General Discussion
Are people worried about diablo 4?
If so... what do you like about diablo 3 and what new things do you thinks would improve diablo 3.

I feel a class list
1. Crusader
2. Witch doctor
3. Barb
4. Sorcerer
5. Necro
6. Druid
7. Demon hunter
8. Amazon
9. Assassin

Each class should have 3 to 4 sets with 1 set being a weapon of hand set.

Keep the LoN set idea.

I view d4 as there chance to clean up the classes skills, items, the high enl system. Add dungeons style encounters. 5mans
I dont want Diablo 4 to draw inspiration from Diablo 3. At all. I would much rather D4 be its own game, but if it really must draw inspiration from another game, then it should be D2.

There's no way I'm touching Diablo 3.5
I will not be pre paid for my game and I will wait out afew months if I have to to see if diablo 4 is any good. In order for them to keep up to date on diablo style games they want revenue from a new game. I get it. They want money I want good game.
06/23/2019 05:18 PMPosted by zermus
Each class should have 3 to 4 sets with 1 set being a weapon of hand set.

Set items are okay, as long as they are not so powerful that they are basically mandatory like in D3.

Sets as well as legendaries and items in general should enhance your build instead of determining it. In D3 it is vice versa, which is a terrible design philosophy imo.
They need to find a way to make itemization deeper than just sets and legends and the ancient/primal versions of them.

We need runewords. This is the economy right there. Im sure d3 was heading that way before funding was diced but this is imperative for future endeavors.

d2 itemization made magics, rares, and uniques and runewords ALL viable end game. A return to this is would be most ideal for the next iteration of Diablo.

Graphics-wise: drop the toony "WoW"-like graphics [as you began to with necro xpac], and make it darker but PLEASE keep the fast paced screen melt that keeps us all coming back for more.

I am a life long diablo player, and I have spoken!
Amazon sucks. No thanks.
All new classes (or just let use create our own), all new followers (that are actually worth using, follower gems, and more skills), all new gems (basic and legendary), all new skills, all new acts and sub zones (take us to new places), darker tone and better deeper lore, let use create our own builds, no set items. Give us so many options that the build guides will be a thing of the past.

The only thing I want from the other installments is the top down view and a good solo option. For the endgame give the players who want to be destroyed by other players PvP. Don't keep recycling that same old stuff over and over. Give us the ability to create what we want within limits. Turn down the out of control numbers. Give us some good options for gold (spend 1b in gold to receive a third ability on a legendary gem). Or do away with the massive gold.
What Diablo 4 needs:

The atmosphere/tone of Diablo 1
The gameplay/music of Diablo 2
The QoL of Diablo 3

Put all those into a blender and mix for success.

They probably won't do it though. They need to appeal to a wide audience and casual players for profit. As long as Blizzard is influenced by Activision's greed it will never make a quality successor to our beloved franchise.
06/23/2019 07:40 PMPosted by Whirlwind

"What did you say? Copy-paste everything from Diablo 3 and push the button? I gotchu fam" - Blizzard, possibly

As long as Blizzard is influenced by Activision's greed

No such thing. It's their own doing. Do you think Activision told them to make a mobile Diablo nobody asked for? Idea came from Morhaime himself first.
06/23/2019 06:43 PMPosted by WittyGem
Amazon sucks. No thanks.

Idiot
Thins to improve D4

Deep character development: Instead of the gear making the build, have it where we have choices to make that determines how good our builds are. Yes this means some sort of point spending system.

Good itemization: An improved itemization system where even two builds might not be looking for the same pieces of gear. Also make all tiers of gear useful in some way. More than just having sets that boost skills by 16,000%. Where the rest of the gear that is not a set or a legendary that you need is instant crafting mats.

I might have a physical whirlwind that is all about attack speed/move speed. That might mean that I would use some crafted gear and some strong hard to find rares or blues. A crit based version might be looking for a few legendaries along with crafted gear.

More build diversity: More viable builds than what this game has. Having way more builds will give a lot of players a reason to play other builds. As long as those builds are not separated from optimal by a gap that is in the tens of thousands of percentage points. If the difference is small then it will be okay to play less than the meta.
06/23/2019 06:43 PMPosted by WittyGem
Amazon sucks. No thanks.

:DDD

Well if you say so.
What Diablo 4 needs:

The atmosphere/tone of Diablo 1
The gameplay/music of Diablo 2
The QoL of Diablo 3

You mean the music & itemization of D2 (or an improved version of it) and the gameplay (fluid combat) & QoL stuff of D3...
06/23/2019 05:18 PMPosted by zermus
Are people worried about diablo 4?

I'm certainly not. Why would I be, when it's a product that, even if it actually exists, is likely to be 2+ years away from release?