No hope for D4

General Discussion
Come on guys, we know how blizzard works.

They release good games but eventually manage to destroy them by their own bad decisions. Overwatch is an unbalanced hell with a boring meta, WoW has been receiving major backfire in BFA because devs are making such poor design decisions; Diablo 3 has been neglected for far too many years, Hearthstone is falling to irrelevance; Starcraft, needless to say anything.

Do you guys have any hope that D4 is going to thrive in a long term? I don't. Blizzard has to make a huge change on how they listen to their community and stop acting all arrogant with suggestions.

They simply lost touch with us, even though they say they didn't.
D4 is a mirage, I agree.

Allow modding in D3 and let the fans take control of it.

#letssaveD3
If D4 has any sort of micro transactions along with that $60 price tag come initial release I am not touching that damn thing.
Hope? whats that?
06/23/2019 03:12 PMPosted by NeueZiel
If D4 has any sort of micro transactions along with that $60 price tag come initial release I am not touching that damn thing.

Since people really wanted a longer support of D3, you can surely expect D4 to be "enriched" with microtransactions of some sort.
06/23/2019 02:47 PMPosted by Hex
WoW has been receiving major backfire in BFA because devs are making such poor design decisions

I heard that Patch 8.2 brings some of the things that the community has been asking for.

This could say that Blizzard is changing… (just MAYBE)

Even in D3, the last seasons have done SOMETHING, and admit it, nobody expected that "something".

Auriel is not dead yet.

(Sorry, my english is not good)
Come on guys, we know how blizzard works.

They release good games but eventually manage to destroy them by their own bad decisions. Overwatch is an unbalanced hell with a boring meta, WoW has been receiving major backfire in BFA because devs are making such poor design decisions; Diablo 3 has been neglected for far too many years, Hearthstone is falling to irrelevance; Starcraft, needless to say anything.

Do you guys have any hope that D4 is going to thrive in a long term? I don't. Blizzard has to make a huge change on how they listen to their community and stop acting all arrogant with suggestions.

They simply lost touch with us, even though they say they didn't.

What Diablo 4 needs:

The atmosphere/tone of Diablo 1
The gameplay/music of Diablo 2
The QoL of Diablo 3

Put all those into a blender and mix for success.

They probably won't do it though. They need to appeal to a wide audience and casual players for profit. As long as Blizzard is influenced by Activision's greed it will never make a quality successor to our beloved franchise.
06/23/2019 07:41 PMPosted by Whirlwind
As long as Blizzard is influenced by Activision's greed

No such thing. What you see is their own greed. After realizing how flourish the China market is with the D3 cash shop, they wanted to hit the investment return with a mobile game nobody asked for. Also why the duplicate replies to different threads?
06/23/2019 03:12 PMPosted by NeueZiel

Wait. MAYBE the $60 tag allows for MTX to 'stay healthy'.

I know what you're thinking: 'don't be stupid... bli$$ard's greed knows no limits!'... well, I can't really argument against that. You might be right :(
the people responsible for d1/d2 are still not rehired
the people responsible for d3 are still not fired.

therefore d4 will be as shallow as d3
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch
06/23/2019 07:47 PMPosted by naksiloth
Also why the duplicate replies to different threads?

Because both are D4 threads and I wanted to get my opinion out there.
Overwatch is an unbalanced hell with a boring meta

True.
WoW has been receiving major backfire in BFA because devs are making such poor design decisions

True, but that's not the whole story.

From what I can tell by looking at the forums every now and then since BfA, many people have been complaining about things, that date back to Legion and earlier.
WoW's player base has become so dumb, that they don't see what the problem is.

Here's what the problem is:

Vanilla WoW, while revolutionary for it's time was a dumb game. Many classes and specs were two-button spam fests, absolutely dumb and uninteresting. Too basic. I would compare it to Diablo 1.

TBC took what WoW was and vastly improved it in many regards. I would compare it to D2:LoD 1.09.

WotLK solved some problems TBC had, but brought some of it's own... but overall I would put it on more or less the same level as TBC in terms of quality. I would compare it to D2:LoD 1.10

Every other subsequent expansion (Cata, Panda, Warlords, Legion, BfA) = crappy quality devoid of meaningful experience and enjoyment = D3.
Diablo 3 has been neglected for far too many years

Diablo 3 is beyond saving, because it's built on a crappy foundation. It's built for everyone, but it's core demographic -- the real Diablo players.

The problem with the game does not lie with it being neglected. Quite the opposite.
The game should be balanced for 3-4 years max, then it should be left alone. I am sick and tired of devs making changes to items and making me break BiS Primal Ancient items, because they don't receive their bonuses retroactively.
The devs patching the game don't make me wanna play more, they make me wanna play less.
No hope for D4

When it comes to D4, unless they show this game will have proper progression, itemization, stat system, skill system and endgame, There will be zero assurances, that D4 wont be yet another cashgrab... and it most likely will be.
The game will be hyped for noobs that don't know any better, but it wont be made for the real Diablo demographic.

They'll show one or two characters, one or two zones, one or two scripted events and that will be it... just like the announcement of D3 back in 2008 at the World Wide Invitational. It will look cool, the graphics will probably be better, but that's going to be it. There will be nothing of substance.
06/23/2019 07:41 PMPosted by Whirlwind
What Diablo 4 needs:

The atmosphere/tone of Diablo 1
The gameplay/music of Diablo 2
The QoL of Diablo 3

Put all those into a blender and mix for success.

You mean D4 need the music & itemization of D2 (or an improved version of it) and the gameplay (fluid combat) & QoL stuff of D3...

Combat is significantly better in D3 than in D2.
06/24/2019 05:18 AMPosted by clueso
You mean D4 need the music & itemization of D2 (or an improved version of it) and the gameplay (fluid combat) & QoL stuff of D3...

I read this nonsense all the time.
What was not fluid about the D2 combat?
You people need to get a phone before even talking about D4.
D4 will be a phone game. Pay to win. D4 candy crush.
06/24/2019 03:25 PMPosted by ElobaCarcen
What was not fluid about the D2 combat?

You have to be joking.
D3 is miles above it, and miles above any other game out there.
A lot of other systems are up for debate, but combat is something
that D3 did right.
That depends on the team that eventually develops it. Along with how much freedom that they are given to develop it. It will keep an open mind on whether D4 will be great. I will keep track of its development when it is announced, much like I did this game. If I like what I see then I will buy it and play it like I did this one.