Barbarian Damage Potential Analysis

Barbarian
06/28/2019 02:59 PMPosted by KingBenjamin
Seems like you guys enjoy banging your heads against the same subject wall.

And I'm sure you're still holding your breath...

Hope ya'll get something for your sanity sake. Just be patient, they are looking at it.

If you're not interested in this game or talking about the class then OK but keep your cynicism out of our threads please. No need to knock people who like the game. If Blizzard doesn't care then oh well, go hound them.

Games are hobbies and I'm sure no one's knocking whatever you play (or cares).

And I'm sure you're still holding your breath...

Hope ya'll get something for your sanity sake. Just be patient, they are looking at it.

If you're not interested in this game or talking about the class then OK but keep your cynicism out of our threads please. No need to knock people who like the game. If Blizzard doesn't care then oh well, go hound them.

Games are hobbies and I'm sure no one's knocking whatever you play (or cares).

i'm out the office, it's 5pm. have a good weekend bud!
06/27/2019 03:58 PMPosted by Foamy7
Just for clarity's sake: The #7 Barbarian clear to date would not place on the Wizard leaderboard.

plz tell me this is a joke
06/28/2019 08:31 PMPosted by Jako

It's accurate for season, not non season. not a jako....
06/28/2019 03:59 PMPosted by KingBenjamin
i'm out the office

If you're going to troll, stay out.

And don't mask it behind the tired smiley potato guy nonsense, either. You can play off some things as, "I'm just kidding, relax!" At least, until that's your go-to out for every situation.
06/28/2019 08:31 PMPosted by Jako
06/27/2019 03:58 PMPosted by Foamy7
Just for clarity's sake: The #7 Barbarian clear to date would not place on the Wizard leaderboard.

I wish it was. At least in NS you have to go all the to #78 Barb clear to find the first clear that wouldn't make the Wiz LB so... there's that?
2/22/17
02/22/2017 10:35 AMPosted by Archael
Bul Kathos and IB aren't close, despite what the early data is showing.

Everyone telling you that IB is close has an agenda, waste your own gem levels / time into IB at your own peril.

I've gotten ahead on 103 with just trash using BK + AD and would have gotten 103 already if it wasn't for horrible 2nd floors. In your dreams would ever get even close to the timer using IB.

10/16/17

10/16/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Archael
On a serious note, Istvan's is seriously ahead of BK right now, the difference isn't negligible. You can see it if you take them both to T13 to farm or if you push 100+ with both sets. BK needs increasingly perfect conditions to push even close to IB, and still doesn't come within 4 GR levels of it.

I don't think the BK 15% attack speed buff will make up for 4 GR levels. But new Bloodshed might? It lets you control where the damage goes, which is important.

10/16/2017 12:50 PMPosted by Archael
IB is ahead bro (right now), and by a lot. 4 GR+ different at the least.

I didn't believe it myself before, but it's true. I've fished extensively using both and I've seen IB do things to elites on 106 than would be impossible with BK. The only reason BK is killing anything on 103 is Conduit.

2019 - Archael's quote from first page of this thread:

06/28/2019 02:59 PMPosted by KingBenjamin

Just glad you guys eventually accepted that Istvan's was better than the BK set and that it wasn't based on some conspiracy theory based on someone's personal agenda lululul. Hahah those days. Took us maybe a month to know it but felt like a life time to convince you few knuckle heads. Was like talking to Pinky and The Brain. lulllul

Bul Kathos was always ahead numerically and mechanically in all iterations of WW and even more so now after its buffs. This is because the movement speed allowed it to gather density faster and make better use of Harpoon which because of Area Damage always translates into higher potential.

When people were pushing 102-103 with Istvan's swords Bul Kathos could always do the same or higher (and it did several Eras in a row when Wroboss was playing it and no one else).

People often blindly copy leaderboard stuff but that doesn't mean it's the best iteration. What spurred this topic is Blizzard's words on the matter and the fact that people here enjoy discussing the class.

Blue Post about Barbs
That's what started all of this.

Shrug. Sorry to see you're completely out of the loop with the game from 2013 to today.

fake
/fāk/
adjective
not genuine; counterfeit.
"fake designer clothing"
synonyms: forgery, counterfeit, copy, sham, fraud, hoax, imitation, mock-up, dummy, reproduction, lookalike, likeness; More
noun

Sheep are most likely descended from the wild mouflon of Europe and Asia. One of the earliest animals to be domesticated for agricultural purposes, sheep are raised for fleeces, meat (lamb, hogget or mutton) and milk. A sheep's wool is the most widely used animal fiber, and is usually harvested by shearing.

LMAO

░░░░░░░░░░█▄▄▄░░░░░░░░
░░░░░████▀▀▀███▄░░░░░░
░░░▄▄█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀█▌░░░░░
░░▐██▒▄■▀▒▒▒▀■▄██░░░░░
░░▐██▒▒▄▄▌▒▐▄▄▒▐█▌░░░░
░░░██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌░░░░
░░░██▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▒▒▒▒█▌░░░░
░░░░█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░░░
░░░░▓▒▒▒▒▄██▄▒▒▒▓░░░░░
░░░░▓▒▒▒▒████▒▒▒▓░░░░░
░░░░░▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░░░░
░░░░░░▓▐█▌▒▒▐█▌░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▀████▀░░░░░░░░░

Was a pleasure to have done the actual initial testing on the IB setup with the boyz: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753188109#post-1
Believe it or not, reasonable people change their views when new data surfaces. That post was made before other BK clears started appearing with crazy clear times showing it had way higher potential. Read my posts carefully and look at the qualifiers (such as “right now”) and the question marks I raised.

My observations after that had nothing to do with your testing but were from Chinese players with insane clears several tiers higher. I don’t recall you having done anything in this game on any class so I never actually paid attention to your analysis threads.

It’s actually kind of sad that you had to go through someone’s post history to try to prove a non point (that open minded people change their opinions with new information). That’s kind of how people improve. The people pushing IB back then did have an agenda and strong personal preferences, and with the data we have now we know that’s very true.

Bul Kathos smokes Istvan’s for WW and has done so for a long time. Right now they aren’t close, at all, with BK having 125-130 clears in China. This is because of the pulls BK can do and the speed at which it can set them up.

You seem just as out of the loop now as you did back in 2013. Do you even play this game anymore or are you just here to troll people who do? Because your entire stance is not an objective analysis about the game, it’s simply an ad hominem just like your other pessimistic, useless posts attacking users.
I'm going to ask everyone to please stay on topic. This is an incredibly productive and useful discussion thread, and I don't want to see it derailed.

It's a particularly sad day when community vets resort to this sort of childish behavior, but here we are. So please, don't feed the trolls, don't respond to them, and report their posts whenever possible.

If you're going to troll, stay out.

And don't mask it behind the tired smiley potato guy nonsense, either. You can play off some things as, "I'm just kidding, relax!" At least, until that's your go-to out for every situation.

This exactly. It’s not the behavior of someone who wants to contribute anything of value to the class or the community.

If you have something that’ll help the class then by all means. But if you’re here to troll about Istvan’s vs BK, evidence demolished that argument long ago.

Stick to the topic of how bad Barb is doing across all servers because it’s a real issue the class has been struggling with.
Hey Arch,

I have a link (leader-board that grabbed infos from all servers, including China) to share:

http://hero.d.163.com/mystic/all/61/0/0?page=0

Wiz is 145....that bug pack helps a lot.

I was tired of this game.

The improved communication was a lie... I need a long AFK period.
Wish ya'll wouldn't argue with each other.

Ben, you my potato. But you know some people love playing the game still and want to see improvements to make the game more enjoyable for themselves. It doesn't hurt you if they point out issues and ask for buffs does it?
07/01/2019 04:05 AMPosted by Jako
Wish ya'll wouldn't argue with each other.

Ben, you my potato. But you know some people love playing the game still and want to see improvements to make the game more enjoyable for themselves. It doesn't hurt you if they point out issues and ask for buffs does it?

There's not really an argument here. Ben just started mocking folk and trolling. End of story. He wasn't provoked. It wasn't warranted. It's odd, but also very sad. But it's done, so let's drop it and move on.