Season 18: Season of Kanai (Or Whatever)

General Discussion
Title.

A season where seasonal characters have a fourth cube buff in which we can pick any item buff, (Weapon, Armor, or Jewelery), available to their class.

Anyone brought this up? Thoughts?
Restraint - focus rings bonus set or
The Traveler's Pledge -
The Compass Rose bonus will be great
The Kanai idea has floated around a bit already but it would take a game change to make it possible. With RORG and now LON, its almost to be expected that the next few seasons will feature Rings/Ammys as well.
The Endless Walk Set
Focus/Restraint Set
CoE
Occulus
Zodiac
Just to name a few possibles.

While it would be cool for something that actually changes something, its doubtful with where the game is at now that it will be anything along those lines.
It's kind of lackluster for a seasonal theme. I'd love to see something that requires a little more creativity. Random RG spawns, double boss spawns or something like that. These simple player buffs are getting tiring.
When doing bounties, each act has 1 boss at random to kill. Maybe make Zoltan Khule, Azmodan, Adria, Ghom, etc... spawn 2 treasure chests?
Yeah, it was brought up on June 4 on a separate post. I'll leave the speculation of whether or not it would be easy to code up to the people who actually code the game. I think it would be super fun, and a good way to follow up these two most recent seasons.
06/27/2019 04:12 PMPosted by UnReLeNT
Yeah, it was brought up on June 4 on a separate post. I'll leave the speculation of whether or not it would be easy to code up to the people who actually code the game. I think it would be super fun, and a good way to follow up these two most recent seasons.

Ya dont get me wrong, theres been some zanny ideas floated that would prob be fun. Just don't think the classic games team will do much more to the game. I consider the current themes already more then I expected.
06/27/2019 12:52 PMPosted by Dragonmaster
The Kanai idea has floated around a bit already but it would take a game change to make it possible. With RORG and now LON, its almost to be expected that the next few seasons will feature Rings/Ammys as well.
The Endless Walk Set
Focus/Restraint Set
CoE
Occulus
Zodiac
Just to name a few possibles.

While it would be cool for something that actually changes something, its doubtful with where the game is at now that it will be anything along those lines.

Please no.

Tired of jewelry buffs.
06/27/2019 12:27 PMPosted by UnReLeNT
Title.

A season where seasonal characters have a fourth cube buff in which we can pick any item buff, (Weapon, Armor, or Jewelery), available to their class.

06/27/2019 01:12 PMPosted by DonMartin
It's kind of lackluster for a seasonal theme. I'd love to see something that requires a little more creativity. Random RG spawns, double boss spawns or something like that. These simple player buffs are getting tiring.

Yes, I agree that 4th slot for whole seasonal theme is very lackluster. If we would get 4th slot + being able to equip 4 rings or armors or whatever then this might be crazy :)
Just give us the kitchen sink.

RoRG, LON, double goblins, EXP bonus, double bounties and double blood shards all in one season.
SEASON 18:

PRIMAL RAGE

Increase primal drop rate to 1% from 0.025% for 4 times the angst and rage when a blackthorne primal or other useless legendary drops, again. Out of 11-12 primals, only 1 ended up being any use to ANY of my characters.
How about ramaladni's gift works on jewelry? That would be an amazing buff.
I like the idea of a fourth, miscellaneous spot in Kanai's Cube.

The Developers certainly raised the bar with the buffs they implemented for Season 16 and Season 17. However, an unanticipated problem with the Legacy of Nightmares buff resulted in an extension to Season 16. So, I no longer make assumptions about what the developers can accomplish in three months. And a fourth, miscellaneous spot added to Kanai's Cube would require a graphical change to the current user interface, in addition to the behind-the-scenes work that went into the prior buffs.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if they recycled the buff for Season 16, and teased something new for Season 19, assuming they do not go back to uninspired buffs like double X, Y, or Z.
06/29/2019 02:00 PMPosted by HelloKitty
I like the idea of a fourth, miscellaneous spot in Kanai's Cube.

The Developers certainly raised the bar with the buffs they implemented for Season 16 and Season 17. However, an unanticipated problem with the Legacy of Nightmares buff resulted in an extension to Season 16. So, I no longer make assumptions about what the developers can accomplish in three months. And a fourth, miscellaneous spot added to Kanai's Cube would require a graphical change to the current user interface, in addition to the behind-the-scenes work that went into the prior buffs.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if they recycled the buff for Season 16, and teased something new for Season 19, assuming they do not go back to uninspired buffs like double X, Y, or Z.
They could do something like give everyone Furnace or something instead of choosing a cube item. Not the same by any means but easier to implement.
Hmm, well some people seem to think that just one extra cube buff won't be as powerful a buff as the current and last seasons. If that was indeed the case, they could do it a bit differently. No free RRoG or LoN. Something that would compensate in the next season if they refocused the game on sets. They could do 2 cube buffs for each class of items, simply double it. I think that would be interesting and satisfying as well.
i liked the idea of season of restrait and focus perma buff
06/29/2019 12:54 PMPosted by Frodo59
SEASON 18:

PRIMAL RAGE

Increase primal drop rate to 1% from 0.025% for 4 times the angst and rage when a blackthorne primal or other useless legendary drops, again. Out of 11-12 primals, only 1 ended up being any use to ANY of my characters.

I was literally just thinking that how they introduced an item system that to a degree focuses on rarity/quality but most of them end up useless is somewhat un-intuitive. Also one of the reasons I think LoN should be perm. I hope that comes to mind when in the development of Diablo 4. Although, I wouldn't know how to rectify it. The grind is partly what has made Diablo the game it is today.
I suggest simply two kanai's cubes so we can have two of each buff can you imagine

Would be hard to top.
Title.

Several people have brought this up.

06/17/2019 08:14 AMPosted by Monstrous
It would be rather interesting, and could be used as a fun Seasonal buff/theme to try out. However, the power creep as a result would probably be a tad too much. A Season with one additional cube slot used as a 'wildcard' of sort might work.

The only concerning issue is this will create a more defined "meta" and after people figure out the best combinations there would be such a extreme difference that using the meta is even more required then before. This would also create massive power creep to the point where people will probably be able to solo G-rift 150's.
07/05/2019 08:05 AMPosted by LazyTurtle
Title.

Several people have brought this up.

06/17/2019 08:14 AMPosted by Monstrous
It would be rather interesting, and could be used as a fun Seasonal buff/theme to try out. However, the power creep as a result would probably be a tad too much. A Season with one additional cube slot used as a 'wildcard' of sort might work.

The only concerning issue is this will create a more defined "meta" and after people figure out the best combinations there would be such a extreme difference that using the meta is even more required then before. This would also create massive power creep to the point where people will probably be able to solo G-rift 150's.

The original post your quote from Monstrous refers to is a topic suggesting we make all three slots open to any legendary power available to a class. That isn't the same thing as adding just one wildcard slot or doubling the number of cube powers, so that's somewhat out of context. However I do see your point about this possibly making the meta more defined. I won't attest to or argue the power creep resulting in these possibilities as I have not done any calculations. But, if it were to happen, it might possibly take quite a few game tweeks, buffs, and nerfs to make it a balanced seasonal concept.