Are there still any undiscovered in-game secrets?

General Discussion
Really hoping to hear from a D3 developer on this one. I was just wondering if there were still any in-game content that is still undiscovered? Whether it's something like cubing a puzzle ring/bovine polearm for the portals or finding materials for the staff of herding, or finding princess lillian for the cosmic wings.

Is there anything like a hidden secret or easter egg type in game that D3 players have yet to discover? Anything that is not yet known to the public? I know usually these types of things are announced but if there's something you guys know and we don't know, can you guys give us a clue to finding it? Or let us know that we have discovered all the secret in-game features?
Doubtful this many years in.
07/07/2019 08:41 AMPosted by SeuTiBeun
Really hoping to hear from a D3 developer on this one. I was just wondering if there were still any in-game content that is still undiscovered? Whether it's something like cubing a puzzle ring/bovine polearm for the portals or finding materials for the staff of herding, or finding princess lillian for the cosmic wings.

Is there anything like a hidden secret or easter egg type in game that D3 players have yet to discover? Anything that is not yet known to the public? I know usually these types of things are announced but if there's something you guys know and we don't know, can you guys give us a clue to finding it? Or let us know that we have discovered all the secret in-game features?

There are no secrets left in the game. In one of the sub forums there's a sticky with a list of all the cosmetics available in the game. It also includes things that are not available because they were Blizzcon exclusive or only available during pre-order. It also include items and pets and such that come with the purchase of other Blizzard games and such.

That's the resource you'll want to look at if you're hunting for wings, pets and transmogs.
many more secrets in mobile version. to unlock secrets purchase the 19.99$ pack
Is there anything like a hidden secret or easter egg type in game that D3 players have yet to discover?

Pffft... No. Why do you expect such thing when from progress to power creep, entire game is about linear experience? None of class builds have alternatives, only sub-optimal specs that doesn't worth anything. If there would be an unfound mystery, I think at the first place it'd show itself in the gameplay and some of them at least be revealed by collaboration of entire player base playing it.
07/07/2019 08:58 AMPosted by Idolis

There are no secrets left in the game. In one of the sub forums there's a sticky with a list of all the cosmetics available in the game. It also includes things that are not available because they were Blizzcon exclusive or only available during pre-order. It also include items and pets and such that come with the purchase of other Blizzard games and such.

That's the resource you'll want to look at if you're hunting for wings, pets and transmogs.

Yeah those would be the known secrets. Just wondering if there's one that isin't public yet that they are just keeping to themselves and maybe could share. But if there isin't then there isin't anymore.
07/07/2019 09:10 AMPosted by naksiloth
Is there anything like a hidden secret or easter egg type in game that D3 players have yet to discover?

Pffft... No. Why do you expect such thing when from progress to power creep, entire game is about linear experience? None of class builds have alternatives, only sub-optimal specs that doesn't worth anything. If there would be an unfound mystery, I think at the first place it'd show itself in the gameplay and some of them at least be revealed by collaboration of entire player base playing it.

yeah but imagine that there was a blue response saying that there was something, and they gave us a riddle, and that riddle goes viral within the D3 community and everyone works together trying to figure it out lol, it would be interesting and fun.
07/07/2019 09:26 AMPosted by SeuTiBeun
but imagine that there was a blue response

So you were dreaming. Okay.
yeah but imagine that there was a blue response saying that there was something, and they gave us a riddle, and that riddle goes viral within the D3 community and everyone works together trying to figure it out lol, it would be interesting and fun.

It would be interesting, however I wouldn't expect anything further at this point. Just about any substantial secret that existed within the game has been found at this point.
Really hoping to hear from a D3 developer on this one.

The Developers are off doing other things, hopefully working on D4. They do not have time for this forum. Usually if we do get news we learn about it from other sources.

It was like that right after the cosmetic patch went live. They added the Harvest Pennant also known as the Kazra Pennant. But it didn't activate in live when they said it did. So people went looking for it and there was a huge thread of folks suggesting where to look and what kind of mob would drop it. There were some troll responses in it as well. After the page nearly met its post limit, Nevalistis posted that in fact, the patch notes were wrong. She said it should have went live but didn't for whatever reason. Then the thread filled up complaints about "waisted time" and such. The following week, they fixed the bug.

At any rate, if that's how the "search" was handled then, how do you think it would be handled this time? I'm betting no better.
imagine that there was a blue response saying that there was something

They'd probably count it as one of the "many D3 projects" that were part of the "forges burning hot" last November.
07/07/2019 10:59 AMPosted by Idolis

It was like that right after the cosmetic patch went live. They added the Harvest Pennant also known as the Kazra Pennant. But it didn't activate in live when they said it did. So people went looking for it and there was a huge thread of folks suggesting where to look and what kind of mob would drop it. There were some troll responses in it as well. After the page nearly met its post limit, Nevalistis posted that in fact, the patch notes were wrong. She said it should have went live but didn't for whatever reason. Then the thread filled up complaints about "waisted time" and such. The following week, they fixed the bug.

At any rate, if that's how the "search" was handled then, how do you think it would be handled this time? I'm betting no better.

Wouldn't they just double check it to prevent that from happening again? Your implying that the same mistake is going to happen again, which could, but since you brought it up someone might see and do a PTR to make sure it works then does a quick patch for it. To which im implying that there is already a secret map or whatever in game that no one discovered yet.

Still would be nice if we can get a forsure answer that everything that could be discovered has already been discovered.
07/07/2019 11:08 AMPosted by SeuTiBeun
07/07/2019 10:59 AMPosted by Idolis

Wouldn't they just double check it to prevent that from happening again? Your implying that the same mistake is going to happen again, which could, but since you brought it up someone might see and do a PTR to make sure it works then does a quick patch for it. To which im implying that there is already a secret map or whatever in game that no one discovered yet.

Still would be nice if we can get a forsure answer that everything that could be discovered has already been discovered.

That's what I'm telling you. There has already been a post about that. Several years ago. The only special zones that aren't in the game currently are the Darkening of Tristram that runs through January annually and Kanai's Stomping Grounds that run annually in March.

Other than that, there's nothing and that's not me saying. That's Blizz, several years ago.
Not very undiscovered nor secretive if we knew about their existence.
They data mined the game a long time ago and we know all of the items that are coded into the game. I think there might be a few wings that haven't been activated yet but unless they create new files, we've seen just about everything in the game.

We knew there were going to recycle the pets and portraits cause they had run out for example.
Did anybody ever honestly figure out what the Black Rock Ledgers are for in Act 2? There's a vicious rumor that the pages have no real use in the game. They were in the vanilla version so finding the answer may not be doable in the expansion.

Now that you have a possible source for unlocked content you should load up a copy of vanilla D3 and get to hunting. I'd bet that you'll have better luck if you farm the pages in a low difficulty and do the serious hunting for the answer in act 3 or 4 of Inferno....
We should be able to cube things like the black rock ledgers to open up new challenges.... Different challenge depending on the combination of pages used.

Might make collecting them more appealing.
07/07/2019 11:22 PMPosted by Traveler
Did anybody ever honestly figure out what the Black Rock Ledgers are for in Act 2?
Black Rock Ledger
  • There are a total of 6 Black Rock Ledger pages.
  • These pages have no use in-game other than transmuting them in Kanai's Cube.
  • Transmuting one of these pages in the Cube produces an equivalent page of the Green Hills of Stranglethorn, a lore book from World of Warcraft.

Source: https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Rock_Ledger
inside the game there is a list of achievements, press Y button. This is all you have to do in this game. some of this things give you cosmetics.