Tedious Bounties

General Discussion
Bounties them selves aren't difficult; if bounties yielded greater bottom line benefit, I don't mean more bounty materials, they would be worth doing. As is they tiresome, repetitious, drudgery; do a load of bounties and spend it all and end up with nothing far more than could be considered rewarding.

The one thing I got from bounties was the Sacred Harvester Kali uses. It took 5 months to get that a year and a half ago. Since then I haven't gotten anything close.
07/03/2019 02:22 PMPosted by Lovecraft
As is they tiresome, repetitious, drudgery

I feel the same way about Greater Rifts. After running the same 6-7 maps over and over and over and over and over again, it is nice to do something that isn't a Greater Rift.

07/03/2019 02:22 PMPosted by Lovecraft
do a load of bounties and spend it all and end up with nothing far more than could be considered rewarding.

This is why I don't waste my time reforging to get a primal. The enjoyment I get from the very rare time I a near perfect roll does not outweigh the amount of time I spent being disappointed because I got nothing for my mats. Some people enjoy playing slot machines, I don't.

What I would rather see is a buy out option. Since ancients are 1/10 chance and primals are supposed to be around 1/450 or something, I would rather straight pay out 10 times and 450 times the mats to get a random ancient and primal, respectively. They can leave in the slot machine rolls for those that like to spin the wheel, but I would rather save up my mats and get the ancient/primal.
I agree but at least you can do split bounties. I just try and do a split bounty once per day and have gathered quite a lot of mats doing so, and it normally takes less than an hour per day. It’s boring but it does break up the tedium of GR grinding.
Huh.

I found countless people defend this type of gameplay. Repetitive, boring, tedious, lengthy, unsatisfying, and soul-crushing, is the essence of the Diablo series.

This game is the epitome of coming up with creative ways to implement RNG.

I enjoy the combat, and when it was fresh, the story.

They want you to keep playing in their puddle, when we require an ocean.
07/05/2019 11:57 AMPosted by StoneyRivers
It’s boring but it does break up the tedium of GR grinding.

It wouldn't be 'boring' if the rewards were better. It turns out to be a lot of "all that running around for nothing".
Reforge is by far the best way to get good ancient/Primal for rare Legs & expensive gamble types like weapon & amulets.
you need a friend ;-)