Seasonal Conquest fail...

General Discussion
So I was trying to complete the Avarice conquest for my season character, so I saved up about 40-50 caches. Once I got them all and set my self up next to my chest, I began to open my caches, trying not to move, so I can get it and quickly realized... I was collecting the gold. I forgot to dismiss my pet... So now I'm 80mil gold up and a bunch of mats...but no conquest.

Let my failure help some other person who might make the same mistake, but also if anyone from Blizz reads this... could I possibly get that conquest? lol
06/27/2019 06:49 PMPosted by Slothington
So I was trying to complete the Avarice conquest for my season character, so I saved up about 40-50 caches. Once I got them all and set my self up next to my chest, I began to open my caches, trying not to move, so I can get it and quickly realized... I was collecting the gold. I forgot to dismiss my pet... So now I'm 80mil gold up and a bunch of mats...but no conquest.

Let my failure help some other person who might make the same mistake, but also if anyone from Blizz reads this... could I possibly get that conquest? lol

Just level Boon of the Hoarder to 25 and run a rift with a DH or a Vyr wiz. You'll get it.
Ruins of Corvus works every time with a Boon of the Horder, run through the map first without killing anything to bring the scarabs out from behind the walls, then blast them on your way back, you'll have 50 million in no time.
or cow level, lots of cows to murder
why use "hard" way to get this conquest?.. T16 (with good density rift), Ruin of Corvus (act5), Realm of Shadow (act2) is very easy to get 50 million gold streak (with lvl 50 boon of hoarder)..
i got it without knowing it til the banner came up with boon and a packed rift did a 180,000,000 run
06/27/2019 08:42 PMPosted by Masq
or cow level, lots of cows to murder

Yeah the not a cow lvl gets you at least a 250000000 gold streak and over 350 cows killed in one streak all you need is to upgrade rare pole arms until you get the bovine bardiche then that gold streak is guaranteed in there.
Google is your friend.

I can get a 50 million Gold streak in my sleep with Boon of the Hoarder equipped and the correct map. Accumulating caches is not an option I would recommend to anyone, ever. Full stop.
06/27/2019 09:33 PMPosted by HelloKitty
Accumulating caches is not an option I would recommend to anyone, ever.

Except there's a Season Journey requirement to extract 40 powers into the Cube and you'll be wanting to do some reforging so you'll be doing bounties anyway. The cache method kills two birds with one stone.
^^ Yeah, but I don't think you need 76000 Bounty mats to do it.

I usually get Avarice/Avarita later in the Season, after I have developed my Demon Hunter character a bit. I use a rank 50 Boon of the Hoarder gem, Avarice Band ring in the Cube, and Goldwrap belt on my farming build. The gem drops the gold, the ring picks it up, and the belt gives me infinite toughness while I'm farming. I'm completely invulnerable to damage.

Usually on one of the larger, open maps based on the Festering Woods, the Fields of Misery, the Southern Highlands, and the Weeping Hollow, I will just be farming along, trying to finish the rift quickly and get the keystones, when all of a sudden the notification will pop up that I have achieved the Avarita Conquest.

No special methods, no specific requirements, and through the whole season you probably need to do less than 10 full Bounty rounds in order to satisfy all the requirements that use the Bounty materials.

Naturally, the whole experience is going to be different for each class, but each class can use those three items and make that conquest much easier while you're doing something less tedious than endless Bounties.
People have been arguing against the bounty cache method since it first became a thing. It's a legitimate way to get the conquest. Chances are you at least did some bounties to get the Avarice Band. In other cases, some builds require Ring of Royal Granduer, so you might have been doing them for that.

With the bounty cache method there's no need for the Boon of the Hoarder so no waiting for a goblin to pop Greed's Realm or a puzzle ring. No need to level said gem. No need to have a complete build to kill quickly or at least have movement speed items equipped to help keep the streak alive.

You just run T10 or higher taking all the time you need to finish 10 games and you wind up with your avarice band, ring of royal grandeur, at least 100 hundred of every bounty mat, items to start putting in the cube for the cube 20 and 40 items steps in the journey, at least 12 re-forges, and the conquest complete.

Of course, if you're lucky enough to get a puzzle ring or goblin pop, you can do the Boon of the Hoarder and spend a little time leveling it. But the point is, you're still doing bounty runs for the avarice band.

So lot's of people choose to do the bounty method, because it doesn't just kill two birds with one stone but brings down a whole frickin' flock.
^^ Well said, and a very amusing closing. I suppose I have to agree.
Boon of the Hoarder drops in GRs now, so you don’t necessarily have to go to Greed’s domain to get it

I used the bounty method. I wasn’t having luck with the Corvus map, but I didn’t run through to make all of the scarabs appear first. Thanks for the tip!
06/27/2019 11:04 PMPosted by BlackKnight
Boon of the Hoarder drops in GRs now, so you don’t necessarily have to go to Greed’s domain to get it

I used the bounty method. I wasn’t having luck with the Corvus map, but I didn’t run through to make all of the scarabs appear first. Thanks for the tip!

As far as I know, the Boon of the Hoarder only drops in Grifts if you've already got through Greed's realm. If you stash it on another character or for whatever reason use it to augment a piece of gear, then it will drop from Grift Guardians, but only after you've got it once from Greed's Realm.

At least, that's how it used to be and I don't think it has changed.