Almost everything is determined by Paragon

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
07/02/2019 02:33 PMPosted by Crayon
@mcdundee there is no skill involved. anyone that can clear grift 1 in blues can clear grift w/e with the better rolled legs/sets..

only thing that's different is numbers. mobs deal more damage and have more hp but your char also has more toughness and deals more dps

what is not to get about that? absolutely no skill involved in d3

https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Crayon-2468/hero/120630338

Lol of course YOU would say that...

Too many brain-dead people in this forum if they think that someone who hasn't played any games like D3 ever can clear his first-ever GR just as easily as someone who's sunk 1000 hours into D3.

It's called MENTAL skill, sweetie.
07/02/2019 12:51 PMPosted by Fangskin
07/02/2019 12:07 PMPosted by Digox
lets suppose 6000 paragon is double power than 3000 paragon, even that doesnt make that much difference because 4-5GR levels mean 100% more HP. so paragon dont matter so much like you think.
You can easily calculate how Paragon massively affect the competition between players. For instance, if you compare Paragon 3000 and 6000, you deal 51% more damage and have 45% more toughness. GR monsters deal 2.338% more damage and have 17% more hp per level difficulties. This means Paragon 6000 "deal" the same damage to +2.63 level higher GR mobs, and "take" the same damage from +16.31 level higher GR mobs in comparison with Paragon 3000.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qY0hoR0sgxcwLHSfPayjPfDTzyxV_x6o/view

If they receive the same damage from monsters in +16.31 lvl higher, they can gear more offensively (e.g., ignoring Unity (or so) and equipping CoE). For example, if you play Raiment 6 Gen monk, it is nearly impossible to survive in GR 120 with Paragon 2000 if you forfeit Unity or Lefebvre's soliloquy.

07/02/2019 12:31 PMPosted by Phatty
Also does anyone know what the power different in regards to damage is relative to main stat? Does it become multiplicative?
Because your main stats are multiplicatively applied to your final damage, the difference is huge.

Honestly, I don't think a 5 level grift differential is a major deal.

Granted it presents more absolute power differential of 100%, the multiplicative nature of the difficulty scaling doesn't translate to massive grift shifts.

The rng of the gear you have, mob type and density, elite type, map size, pylon order right rift guardian makes the most difference in those last 5-10 grift levels.
07/02/2019 03:35 PMPosted by Phatty
Honestly, I don't think a 5 level grift differential is a major deal.

Granted it presents more absolute power differential of 100%, the multiplicative nature of the difficulty scaling doesn't translate to massive grift shifts.

The rng of the gear you have, mob type and density, elite type, map size, pylon order right rift guardian makes the most difference in those last 5-10 grift levels.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qY0hoR0sgxcwLHSfPayjPfDTzyxV_x6o/view

If they receive the same damage from monsters in +16.31 lvl higher GR, they can gear more offensively (e.g., ignoring Unity (or so) and equipping CoE). For example, if you play Raiment 6 Gen monk, it is nearly impossible to survive in GR 120 with Paragon 2000 if you forfeit Unity or Lefebvre's soliloquy.
Read above carefully again. Toughness massively affects your performance in GR. +3000 Paragon advantage enable you to receive the same damage from monsters in +16.31 lvl higher GR.
that's the toughness, you need to KILL monsters to proceed.

The rate limiter is KILLING for progression - which outstrips the survivability significantly.

I'm sure there is a breakpoint when you need to survive to do damage, but at the higher levels it's about killing stuff fast enough.
07/02/2019 03:52 PMPosted by Phatty

The rate limiter is KILLING for progression - which outstrips the survivability significantly.

I'm sure there is a breakpoint when you need to survive to do damage, but at the higher levels it's about killing stuff fast enough.
Survivability also influence your performance in high GR. Even some builds are not viable just because it is not suitable to survive in high GR. In addition, you can set your gear more aggressively from the enhanced toughness granted from +3000 Paragon advantage. This difference enable you to receive the same damage from monsters in +16.31 lvl higher GR because monsters deal 2.338% more damage per a GR lvl. You should remember Shield Pylon does not last 15 minutes.
07/02/2019 11:21 AMPosted by Fangskin
Regardless of whether one can achieve 2000 or not, you cannot compete with Paragon +6000 players with Paragon 1500 account.

Oh yes you can haha
Its called "challenge Rifts"
HOw about you stop pulling theoretical BS out of your butt and look at the leaderboards and see the splay of paragon across the top 50.

Then we can talk.

Thx and GG.

Rabid.
07/02/2019 04:31 PMPosted by Phatty
HOw about you stop pulling theoretical BS out of your butt and look at the leaderboards and see the splay of paragon across the top 50.

Then we can talk.

Thx and GG.

Rabid.
Illogicality eventually leads to abusive language.

Just calculated the average paragon of top 30 Wizard. It was 6515, and no 2000-3000ish players placed in there. So, are you arguing that 6515 Paragon is "purely and purely" approachable with LoN Mage and 4P +140 Rifts? ^^
see.. delusional tools playing the game. can't even be bothered to quote and directly reply to you cause you are deluded and not the sharpest tool in the box

an to the one that posted my profile, yeah i haven't played the game in years so go ahead and poke fun if you like :) (btw i think that's my US acc?)

keep patting yourselves on the back for false accomplishments and achievements

also i laughed at mental skill. +1 for that Lol

E: and that is indeed my EU profile but it's not showing most of my characters. it's missing my wiz, WD, 3 barbs and couple other DH
07/02/2019 05:42 PMPosted by Crayon
see.. delusional tools playing the game. can't even be bothered to quote and directly reply to you cause you are deluded and not the sharpest tool in the box

an to the one that posted my profile, yeah i haven't played the game in years so go ahead and poke fun if you like :) (btw i think that's my US acc?)

Because you clearly lack the "mental skill" and common sense that tells you:

- you're not supposed to stand within the Grotesque/Molten explosion radius
- to ALWAYS use your death-cheating passive in HC
- never allow yourself to be surrounded if you're not wearing Illusory Boots
- to give Rakanoth/Stonesinger a wide berth at lower levels (especially in HC) because his charge attack can be instakill.
- to stick close to Perendi so he doesn't feel the need to utilize his instakill teleport crap.
- to use Diamonds in armor sockets instead of Emeralds/Rubies/Topazes if you're too squishy.
- to shut your faded face and buzz off completely if you haven't played the game in years, which makes your opinion automatically null & void.

It's called tactics, to increase overall effectiveness & survivability - especially in HC.

Then again, you sound like someone who stands right in front of a Demon Forge because he thinks it's warmer and cosier lol. WITHOUT wearing the
The Star of Azkaranth lol.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/the-star-of-azkaranth-Unique_Amulet_006_x1
07/02/2019 05:07 PMPosted by Fangskin
07/02/2019 04:31 PMPosted by Phatty

Then we can talk.

Thx and GG.

Rabid.
Illogicality eventually leads to abusive language.

Just calculated the average paragon of top 30 Wizard. It was 6515, and no 2000-3000ish players placed in there. So, are you arguing that 6515 Paragon is "purely and purely" approachable with LoN Mage and 4P +140 Rifts? ^^

Lol why not go across all the classes. Do standard deviations and see if you actually have statistical relevant trends off of a ci or t/z scoring.

Smoke on brother.

Again, I never said paragon makes no difference. But to say that is the deciding factor is a bit far. Especially when I defined my splay as 5 grift levels.

Why don't you go to median of the top 1000 and then figure out true outliers then see where the paragon affects things... You won't find it.

What makes paragon so powerful is what is represents in time vested and played as opposed to raw stats.
07/02/2019 06:02 PMPosted by WittyGem
07/02/2019 05:42 PMPosted by Crayon

Because you clearly lack the "mental skill" and common sense that tells you:

- you're not supposed to stand within the Grotesque/Molten explosion radius
- to ALWAYS use your death-cheating passive in HC
- never allow yourself to be surrounded if you're not wearing Illusory Boots
- to give Rakanoth/Stonesinger a wide berth at lower levels (especially in HC) because his charge attack can be instakill.
- to stick close to Perendi so he doesn't feel the need to utilize his instakill teleport crap.
- to use Diamonds in armor sockets instead of Emeralds/Rubies/Topazes if you're too squishy.
- to shut your faded face and buzz off completely if you haven't played the game in years, which makes your opinion automatically null & void.

It's called tactics, to increase overall effectiveness & survivability - especially in HC.

Then again, you sound like someone who stands right in front of a Demon Forge because he thinks it's warmer and cosier lol. WITHOUT wearing the
The Star of Azkaranth lol.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/the-star-of-azkaranth-Unique_Amulet_006_x1
keep pressing a few buttons while avoiding stuff and continue thinking that you are skilled. if that makes you happy then so be it

also laughed again at mental skill so +1 again
07/01/2019 09:39 PMPosted by Fangskin
And I am sure 99.99% of the top 20 rankers are xxx-bot users.

It doesn't really matter. The entire Diablo 3 competition is like the special olympics.
The game was crap at launch, the game was crap with RoS, the game still is crap.
That alienated the real Diablo players.

The ones left, are those that don't know any better. They farm or bot for paragon, then they make high clears. Nobody cares. Who are you competing against, when the game is dead and has few thousand specials left.
You win at D3, you're still a retard.
@ElobaCarcen c'mon now, i wouldn't go that far Lol. those who take part in the special olympics are highly dedicated, skilled and professionals. the clowns who claim to be that on D3 are the retards here (not bashing your post btw as i agree -- somewhat)

clowns at these forums think theyre skilled and a pro cause theyre at a certain plvl and cause they have cleared so and so grift level from pressing some buttons. i cant help but laugh at them
07/02/2019 06:59 PMPosted by Crayon
@ElobaCarcen c'mon now, i wouldn't go that far Lol. those who take part in the special olympics are highly dedicated, skilled and professionals. the clowns who claim to be that on D3 are the retards here (not bashing your post btw as i agree -- somewhat)

clowns at these forums think theyre skilled and a pro cause theyre at a certain plvl and cause they have cleared so and so grift level from pressing some buttons. i cant help but laugh at them

:P
I find it sad, that F2P games like Warframe and PoE, or D2:LoD from back in 2001 remain better games than D3 to this date...
I mean, my understanding is, that games should evolve.
The only evolution when it comes to D3 is the potion system and the interface. Everything else is worse... and I mean objectively worse. Those, who would disagree either don't know any better, or they would do so in bad faith.
Sorry to break the truth on some people, but if you think that if you are 6k para you can face roll top10, you have no idea how this game works.
Comes from a multiple times top 10 solo leaderboard player.
07/02/2019 11:21 AMPosted by Fangskin
Regardless of whether one can achieve 2000 or not, you cannot compete with Paragon +6000 players with Paragon 1500 account.

EU, Solo Barbarian, Non-Seasonal, Softcore...
Rank 667 - GR111 - 14 minutes 31 seconds - Paragon 1293
Rank 801 - GR110 - 12 minutes 37 seconds - Paragon 6301
That's someone with less than 1500 paragon beating someone with more than 6000 paragon, i.e. something you say shouldn't be possible because they "cannot compete".
That's the whole problem meteorblade

within their data sets they have anywhere from 3000 to 5000 paragon disparity within the top 30 of each board.

Kinda defeats their argument.
07/02/2019 04:11 PMPosted by Fangskin
07/02/2019 03:52 PMPosted by Phatty

Survivability also influence your performance in high GR. Even some builds are not viable just because it is not suitable to survive in high GR. In addition, you can set your gear more aggressively from the enhanced toughness granted from +3000 Paragon advantage. This difference enable you to receive the same damage from monsters in +16.31 lvl higher GR because monsters deal 2.338% more damage per a GR lvl. You should remember Shield Pylon does not last 15 minutes.

Your math won't mean much if players still get one shotted by mobs in GR120+.