Almost everything is determined by Paragon

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
so let me get this straight cause the stupidity of this hurts my head...

you think it isn't fair for someone who has played the game for a couple months
- (1k - 2k paragon)
to be weaker then someone who has played the game for years?!?!?!?
- (5k,6k,7k + paragon)

how does one explain? that if...
- player 1 spends 200 hours grinding xp
vs
- player 2 spends 10,000 hours grinding xp
- That its !@#$ing obvious player 2 is gonna be stronger...
- the game would be broken AF if a player spent 10k hours and wasn't stronger then when he was at 200 hours into the game (isn't that simple kindergarten logic?)

(this is in regards to non-season)
07/03/2019 12:33 AMPosted by Massaker

- (1k - 2k paragon)
- (5k,6k,7k + paragon)

Spending time on the game already grants you enough advantages such as better rolls on gear and more experience... as in knowing what to do and doing it better. It shouldn't grant you that much raw strength for merely playing the game.

In D2 the difference in power between level 90 char (which you can make in few days of solo play) on D2 and level 99 (which will take you months if not years grind in group depending on how often you farm) char is meaningless. 9 more skill points and 45 more attributes. That's roughly 90-180 more life depending on the character and 9 more skill points, which will most likely be meaningless, since by level 90 you most likely maxed the skills you needed anyways.

In D3 the difference between 2k paragon and 6K paragon is getting your damage doubled if not more.

D2's system is better and much more fair. Only total nerds and losers would try and justify having perpetual Paragon in D3.
- the game would be broken AF if a player spent 10k hours and wasn't stronger then when he was at 200 hours into the game (isn't that simple kindergarten logic?)

So every other game out there that has catch up mechanics is broken as F?
Maybe in a game like WoW, a player who played for 10 years should get his damage multiplied 20 times and be granted invulnerability, just so that a newer player who hits max level and gears up and is probably better and more talented can't outperform and sadden the 10 year "veteran"?

It's not kindergarten logic, your logic is that of a sad loser.
Seems like Eloba is the sad loser. Spent time and money on D3, RoS, necro and now prefers D2.
Nowadays paragon lvl is only thing that matters in that game.
I miss those times, when every 10 dex or int made a difference.
M

- (1k - 2k paragon)
- (5k,6k,7k + paragon)

how does one explain? that if...
- player 1 spends 200 hours grinding xp
vs
- player 2 spends 10,000 hours grinding xp
- That its !@#$ing obvious player 2 is gonna be stronger...

(this is in regards to non-season)
The problem is, do they (including you "Massaker") acheive that Paragon by their own effort?

If it is so obvious that monster Paragon is mainly built from "xxx-bot", then why it isnt a problematic?

They (including you "Massaker") didn't spend 10000 hours purely by themselves. Their 90% have been xxx-bot. I hope their account be banned in the near future.
07/03/2019 06:25 AMPosted by sp5it

Another provably false assertion.

Go back to one of my earlier posts in the thread which shows that it was possible for a player with under 1300 paragon to rank 130+ places higher in the leaderboards than a player with over 6300 paragon.

Clearly, paragon is not the only thing that matters because otherwise how would a player with a 5000 paragon / 25000 main stat deficit do better?

Facts don't care about your rhetoric.
07/02/2019 02:33 PMPosted by Crayon
@mcdundee there is no skill involved. anyone that can clear grift 1 in blues can clear grift w/e with the better rolled legs/sets..

only thing that's different is numbers. mobs deal more damage and have more hp but your char also has more toughness and deals more dps

what is not to get about that? absolutely no skill involved in d3

i bet you dont know how to play with zbarb/zmonk/rgk/trashkiller or whatever
people in this post only play t13 or 16 speeds and think they know everything in this game, lol...
07/03/2019 06:25 AMPosted by sp5it

Another provably false assertion.

Go back to one of my earlier posts in the thread which shows that it was possible for a player with under 1300 paragon to rank 130+ places higher in the leaderboards than a player with over 6300 paragon.

Clearly, paragon is not the only thing that matters because otherwise how would a player with a 5000 paragon / 25000 main deficit do better?

Facts don't care about your rhetoric.
I saw your stupid post, but I ignored it because it was only 110-111GR, which is already achievable with 1000 Paragon. If you make your elementary education, you must have understand we are talking about top 30 leaderboard not 800-1000 rank in non-seasonal.
07/03/2019 07:24 AMPosted by Digox
07/02/2019 02:33 PMPosted by Crayon
@mcdundee there is no skill involved. anyone that can clear grift 1 in blues can clear grift w/e with the better rolled legs/sets..

only thing that's different is numbers. mobs deal more damage and have more hp but your char also has more toughness and deals more dps

what is not to get about that? absolutely no skill involved in d3

i bet you dont know how to play with zbarb/zmonk/rgk/trashkiller or whatever
people in this post only play t13 or 16 speeds and think they know everything in this game, lol...
The problem is, do they (including you) made the huge paragon by their own effort? It is so obvious that xxx-bot takes more than 8-90% on their actual play time to farm their huge Paragon (not 4p meta run).
i am playing this since vanilla, man. and i already say to you i done this 2000 paragon in just 2 weeks playing 4man rathma(edit: current lon mage speeds), why is so hard to understand that?
you dont know how to level, dont know how to play zbarb/zmonk/rgk/trash killer, you don't know how to push, you dont know nothing, and complain about others who have more paragon than you, give me a break.
07/03/2019 07:29 AMPosted by Fangskin
I saw your stupid post, but I ignored it

You claimed this...
07/02/2019 11:21 AMPosted by Fangskin
Regardless of whether one can achieve 2000 or not, you cannot compete with Paragon +6000 players with Paragon 1500 account.

I responded to that claim with this evidence...
07/02/2019 08:53 PMPosted by Meteorblade
EU, Solo Barbarian, Non-Seasonal, Softcore...
Rank 667 - GR111 - 14 minutes 31 seconds - Paragon 1293
Rank 801 - GR110 - 12 minutes 37 seconds - Paragon 6301

That evidence shows that it's possible for someone with under 1300 paragon to beat someone with over 6300 paragon, i.e. because it completely blows your claim out of the water you're ignoring it. Facts don't go away just because you don't listen to them.

it was only 110-111GR, which is already achievable with 1000 Paragon.

In which case, how come the player with 6300 paragon couldn't beat the player with 1300 paragon? Shouldn't that 6300 player be right near the top of the leaderboards? Could it be that something else might be determining clearances? You know, like player skill maybe? Or map layouts / mob types / pylon layout? So, not everything is determined by paragon.
07/03/2019 07:36 AMPosted by Digox
i am playing this since vanilla, man. and i already say to you i done this 2000 paragon in just 2 weeks playing 4man rathma(edit: current lon mage speeds), why is so hard to understand that?
you dont know how to level, dont know how to play zbarb/zmonk/rgk/trash killer, you don't know how to push, you dont know nothing, and complain about others who have more paragon than you, give me a break.
I am continuously saying Para 2-3000 cannot beat Para +6000 in the top 30 leaderboard. If you finished your elementary education, you must have understand the point in this discussion.

If you believe Paragon is not that important, just demonstrate by youtube video by placing Para 2000 account to top 30.

And I am already above Para 1900 and why I should follow yours to achieve 2000? I already know the 4 man meta is efficient (already 1 year ago) but it is so obvious that they can't beat the efficiency of using xxx-bot. And Para +6000 is not achievable solely with what you suggested.
07/03/2019 07:57 AMPosted by Fangskin
07/03/2019 07:36 AMPosted by Digox
I am continuously saying Para 2-3000 cannot beat Para +6000 in the top 30 leaderboard. If you finished your elementary education, you must have understand the point in this discussion.

If you believe Paragon is not that important, just demonstrate by youtube video by placing Para 2000 account to top 30.

And I am already above Para 1900 and why I should follow yours to achieve 2000? I already know the 4 man meta is efficient (already 1 year ago) but it is so obvious that they can't beat the efficiency of using xxx-bot. And Para +6000 is not achievable solely with what you suggested.

but why you will need 6000 paragon if with 3000 you can beat gr150 in group? thats enought, dont have more difficulty than that.
07/03/2019 07:56 AMPosted by Meteorblade
I saw your stupid post, but I ignored it

You claimed this...
07/02/2019 11:21 AMPosted by Fangskin
Regardless of whether one can achieve 2000 or not, you cannot compete with Paragon +6000 players with Paragon 1500 account.

I responded to that claim with this evidence...
07/02/2019 08:53 PMPosted by Meteorblade
EU, Solo Barbarian, Non-Seasonal, Softcore...
Rank 667 - GR111 - 14 minutes 31 seconds - Paragon 1293
Rank 801 - GR110 - 12 minutes 37 seconds - Paragon 6301

That evidence shows that it's possible for someone with under 1300 paragon to beat someone with over 6300 paragon, i.e. because it completely blows your claim out of the water you're ignoring it. Facts don't go away just because you don't listen to them.

it was only 110-111GR, which is already achievable with 1000 Paragon.

In which case, how come the player with 6300 paragon couldn't beat the player with 1300 paragon? Shouldn't that 6300 player be right near the top of the leaderboards? Could it be that something else might be determining clearances? You know, like player skill maybe? Or map layouts / mob types / pylon layout? So, not everything is determined by paragon.
Read the main contents of my post again, dear elementary student. Your comment cannot deny my argument because it is not a good example. If you cannot suggest any better example, please leave this discussion (yours are not helpful at all). See top 30 non-seasonal leaderboard, how many 2-3000ish players are located. Please don't hide the sky with your little hand.
07/03/2019 08:01 AMPosted by Digox
<span class="truncated">...</span>I am continuously saying Para 2-3000 cannot beat Para +6000 in the top 30 leaderboard. If you finished your elementary education, you must have understand the point in this discussion.

but why you will need 6000 paragon if with 3000 you can beat gr150 in group? thats enought, dont have more difficulty than that.
Don't ask me what is unrelated to the main topic in the discussion. The main topic here is (1) Paragon distorts the competition on the leaderboard, (2) huge Paragon mainly built by xxx-bot. I continuously and continuously saying those arguments from the beginning. Please go to another discussion, if you want to say something unrelated.
...and you can get 2000 paragon very quick nowadays. stop to complain and play right.

What the heck is very quickly? I play just about every day for at least an hour and I am not even at 800 paragon yet. I only play solo though. Is it in groups that you can get it quickly?
07/03/2019 08:19 AMPosted by Jammur
...and you can get 2000 paragon very quick nowadays. stop to complain and play right.

What the heck is very quickly? I play just about every day for at least an hour and I am not even at 800 paragon yet. I only play solo though. Is it in groups that you can get it quickly?
Create meta character, do 4p meta run, and set xxx-bot. That is the reason they said it is easy to achieve Paragon 2000 and above.
Paragon is for botters.
07/03/2019 08:19 AMPosted by Jammur

To make the fastest exp per hour in this game you need to do faster grs. In current 4man rathma lon mage you can do 100 - 110 speeds in 3 minutes. If you play with barbarian you can partipate that using zbarb.
The comp is zbarb znecro and 2 lon mage necros... In NS people are doing more exp yet because they are more powerful.

Its not about the time you play, but the efficience you have, the knowledge of this game. Solo With my lon necro i can close grs 97 in 3minutes too.. Keep this, doing speeds grs,get exp pools, and you will get more exp per hour.

But when you play with group the exp increase too... If you play only solo you will never get this game in a competitively level

Try to get into a clan or community... Because playing with random people in open gr dont make difference. You need to play meta.