Almost everything is determined by Paragon

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next
Let me explain simply. There are two types of users who:

1) play 4p meta, nephalem rift, bounties by himself 2-3 hours everyday

2) play 4p meta, nephalem rift, bounties by himself 2-3 hours everyday and use "xxx-bot" for 9-10 hours while he is sleeping or working.

Most of huge Paragon junks at this point of season 17 are case (2) not (1). As I told you, Paragon influence more than +5 GR damage ability and +16 GR toughness, which can result in (approx) +7-9 overall GR record.

Is it a fair competition? I am asking "do rankers purely located there "purely" by his skill and effort"?
I see that you're trying to move the goalposts to how paragon levels are obtained because your claim that "everything is determined by paragon" claim has been disproved. Try sticking to one claim at a time, please.
Look at my account and get a clue.

I am no botter.
07/04/2019 04:16 AMPosted by Meteorblade
I see that you're trying to move the goalposts to how paragon levels are obtained because your claim that "everything is determined by paragon" claim has been disproved. Try sticking to one claim at a time, please.
There are other factors such as random generation of monsters, gears, caldessan, etc. But if all those conditions are same, Paragon will make a difference.

Anyway, I will accept the points made from this discussion, and create another discussion about "capping seasonal Paragon". The extra exp gained will be saved for the non-seasonal account after the season ends.
07/04/2019 04:34 AMPosted by Fangskin
I will accept that Paragon is not everything.

Which is what we've been saying for seven pages.
Okay, I will accept that Paragon is not everything. There are other factors such as random generation of monsters, gears, caldessan, etc. But if all those conditions are same, Paragon will make a difference.

Honestly, you don't have to explain this. Anyone that's not autistic or stupid will understand that you don't really mean it literally. Your main point was always that paragon points make a huge difference (the biggest of the factors we can control), and they do. The problem is if you don't word it 100% correctly the autists will miss the elephant in the room and focus on the mouse.
07/04/2019 07:50 AMPosted by Alecta
Okay, I will accept that Paragon is not everything. There are other factors such as random generation of monsters, gears, caldessan, etc. But if all those conditions are same, Paragon will make a difference.

Honestly, you don't have to explain this. Anyone that's not autistic or stupid will understand that you don't really mean it literally. Your main point was always that paragon points make a huge difference (the biggest of the factors we can control), and they do. The problem is if you don't word it 100% correctly the autists will miss the elephant in the room and focus on the mouse.
It doesn't matter bro, as the developer can understand "the main point". That MeteorBlade is so illogical that he can only attack a single phrase by ignoring the entire context. That is fine, we don't have to care the uneducated man like him.
07/04/2019 09:01 AMPosted by Fangskin
That MeteorBlade is so illogical that he can only attack a single phrase by ignoring the entire context. That is fine, we don't have to care the uneducated man like him.

The context you started the thread with was...
"Everything is determined by paragon"

I provided examples from the EU leaderboards, showing that players with thousands less paragon could beat players with thousands more paragon, thereby disproving your context.

People also pointed out things like map types, mob types, pylon layouts and which Guardian you get are also massive factors, and can have more influence over your GR pushes than your paragon level.

Which is why you eventually conceded that your context was bunkum...
I will accept that Paragon is not everything.

I beat your argument with facts, evidence and reason. If that makes me ill educated and illogical, what does that say about your faculties?
Posted by MeteorBlade

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20772417049?page=7#post-128

I provided examples from the EU leaderboards, showing that players with thousands less paragon could beat players with thousands more paragon, thereby disproving your context.

I beat your argument with facts, evidence and reason. If that makes me ill educated and illogical, what does that say about your faculties?
If you learned properly while you were in school, you should know the meaning of "correlation". There is a high "correlation" between Paragon and the maximim GR lvl. Your single example out of 7000 actual ranked players explain nothing but just exception or outlier. Outlier cannot generalize the trend.
07/04/2019 09:49 AMPosted by Fangskin
If you learned properly while you were in school, you should know the meaning of "correlation". There is a high "correlation" between Paragon and the maximim GR lvl. Your single example out of 7000 actual ranked players explain nothing but just exception or outlier. Outlier cannot generalize the trend.

Had you claimed high correlation, I'd have agreed.
However, what you claimed was direct, linear causation.
I paid enough attention to know that causation and correlation aren't the same.
07/03/2019 10:21 PMPosted by ElobaCarcen
And because they know the game better, they didn't need additional advantages.

Being a vet gives players the advantage of being able to optimize their character easier. They would be able to optimize the way that they are playing their character. Trouble is though in this game like the OP you are putting it as if Paragon is the most important thing in the game that determines your power.

Actually, here you need some actual experience to talk. I started WoW back in TBC. I cought up to the players, that initially showed me the game. I wanted to be good, so I learned. Even before the expansion was out, I was outperforming the people who thought me how to play.

Someone had to teach you what to do in WoW. If they didn't then you would've had to learn on your own by going to third party fan sites that have accurate information on what to do and how to do it.

At some point in Warlords I rolled another character. Even though I was new at the class, I got the gear, I figured out the rotation and I kicked !@#. People asked me how. Now I was the vet, but I didn't need double or triple stats to do it.

Your knowledge translated into raw power that gave you what you needed to get the job done. You know the phrase that I am using here; "Knowledge is power."

07/03/2019 10:21 PMPosted by ElobaCarcen
I can understand someone being better at the game, or having better gear. Being rewarded extra stats for playing longer is just retarded. Again, this (along with other reasons is why the game is dead.

The game is only dead when the servers are shutdown for good Chicken Little.

07/04/2019 03:53 AMPosted by Fangskin
You don't care those because you are one of "xxx-bot" users who corrupt the entire environment of this game. Are you happy that you can gain exp while you are not actually playing the game (e.g., sleeping, working on other stuffs)?

Now it is with the ad hominems that you turn to because you don't have anything else to say that would prove him wrong.
07/04/2019 09:56 AMPosted by Meteorblade
07/04/2019 09:49 AMPosted by Fangskin

Had you claimed high correlation, I'd have agreed.
However, what you claimed was direct, linear causation.
I paid enough attention to know that causation and correlation aren't the same.
Everyone except you knows that I continuously claimed "high correlation". The title is just a title.

I suggest you to read my original (first) discussion carefully, which mention how Paragon influence the competition by allowing higher damage and toughness.

If all other condition (e.g., map, skill, gear, etc) is same, Paragon is everything. The factors you mentioned is "variant", but Paragon is "fixed".
07/04/2019 04:16 AMPosted by Meteorblade

Anyway, I will accept the points made from this discussion, and create another discussion about "capping seasonal Paragon". The extra exp gained will be saved for the non-seasonal account after the season ends.

Well now it is good to finally see that you get the point. Now that this issue can be put to bed. Does paragon need capping is another story for a different thread though.
07/04/2019 07:50 AMPosted by Alecta

If all things were equal and this was theoretical, I could say that having having more skill damage would cause more damage then less skill damage.

(sounds pretty stupid to me to even bother saying).

I have a daughter that is autistic btw.

12 orange is more than 10 oranges.

Having higher paragon gives higher damage from main stat.

Taking into account his first post and now admitting that he will "accept" that paragon isn't everything clearly shows his point wasn't that it was just a paragon points were important. It was paragon points were "everything".
07/04/2019 11:05 AMPosted by Phatty
Taking into account his first post and now admitting that he will "accept" that paragon isn't everything clearly shows his point wasn't that it was just a paragon points were important. It was paragon points were "everything".

This is just wrong and I'll tell you why. For example, there is no way in hell you actually believe the OP thinks that gear is irrelevant. That the OP thinks you can walk in to a high GR with 10k paragon but with nothing equipped, and he will clear it easily.
But you see, if you take the title literally, then that is exactly what he is suggesting.
Yet everybody and their mom knows the OP doesn't believe that, he was merely attempting to clickbait at best with his title. And some of you went ham and focused on the most irrelevant part of his post.
Most leaderboards bot. Bot for bounties. Bot for mats. Bot for exp.
this game is corrupt.
07/04/2019 11:22 AMPosted by Alecta
07/04/2019 11:05 AMPosted by Phatty

This is just wrong and I'll tell you why. For example, there is no way in hell you actually believe the OP thinks that gear is irrelevant. That the OP thinks you can walk in to a high GR with 10k paragon but with nothing equipped, and he will clear it easily.
But you see, if you take the title literally, then that is exactly what he is suggesting.
Yet everybody and their mom knows the OP doesn't believe that, he was merely attempting to clickbait at best with his title. And some of you went ham and focused on the most irrelevant part of his post.

Oh I see now it's click bait and this entire thread again if we assume was just to say higher paragon is important is pretty damn stupid.

I doubt that. His point is that higher paragon is needed to succeed in the leaderboards and "everything" as in the most important.

Lastly, he accepts the fact now. That is the nail in the coffin. Everything now is back peddling and rationalization.

Not sure where you come with your deduction, you his real life friend or something?
07/04/2019 10:05 AMPosted by Fangskin
The title is just a title.

Which you've now changed.
07/04/2019 02:46 PMPosted by Meteorblade

Comedy gold.
07/04/2019 02:46 PMPosted by Meteorblade