If you had to choose...

Barbarian
... Your 7 favorite items from Proposal List 2 to make it into PTR and beyond(not an easy task) what would they be, for the sake of conversation.

Mortick’s
300th
Ambo's
Lamentations
BK Wedding
Undisputed
Madawc's
I'm biased, but good question!

If I could only pick 2, they would be:

1. Ambo's Pride: "Rend deals 80-100% increased damage for every Rended enemy within 25 yards. Maximum 20 enemies."

This, in conjunction with adding Rend to the Wastes 6 bonus, would make the skill very worthwhile in terms of DPS output. I believe this was originally Jako's idea, so kudos to him!

2. Lamentation: "Gain 8-10% damage reduction for every enemy affected by Rend within 25 yards."

This, in conjunction with Mortick's Brace, would let us ditch IP and Pride of Cassius, and provide Zodiac WW with a hefty bit of defense.

3. Skular's Salvation: Buffed to 800% / 1100-1400%.

This would make Boulder Toss an awesome single-target damage skill, and off-meta groups could use a Frenzy+Boulder Toss Barb to take out elites and the RG!

4. Dread Iron: "Ground Stomp causes an Avalanche and reduces the cooldowns of Leap, Ground Stomp, and Avalanche by 6 seconds, for 10 seconds. Avalanche damage increased by 700-800%."

In conjunction with an additive Avalanche bonus slapped onto Blade of Tribes, this would make Avalanche a viable DPS skills. Personally, I would love to play a build built around leaping to aggro density, then stomping to group and stun, and dropping Avalanches.

5. Bul-Kathos’s Wedding Band: "While Wrath of the Berserker is inactive and on cooldown, your Critical Hit Chance is increased by 50% and your Critical Hit Damage by 100%."

Rage cooked this up, and I absolutely love it! As a ring, it would be a viable DPS option to replace COE or FnR in builds that can't keep perma-Wrath. For example, for Fire EQ, it would allow the build to deal almost the same amount of damage during Wrath and when the skill is on cooldown! This also means better single-target damage overall, something the build currently lacks.

6. Saffron Wrap: "The damage of your Primary skills is increased by 45-50% for each enemy hit by Overpower, for 10 seconds. Max 20 enemies."

This buffs primary skill builds and promotes synergy with Overpower, a much-loved but rarely used skill. Which probably hints at my last pick...

7. Skull of Resonance: "Your damage taken is reduced by the percentage of your life healed by Revenge, for 10 seconds. Max 10 enemies."

This alone would make Revenge worthwhile in generator builds, and when coupled with our Madawc's Sorrow, well, it would also provide a hefty chunk of AOE damage. Best of all, this doesn't have to be used in set builds--it could be a fantastic source of mitigation for LON builds.

It was tough to pick only 7. Some runners up are:

Oathkeeper: Our proposed cross-class buff makes primary skill builds very viable, and paves the way for creative, diverse builds with IK and LON.

Fjord Cutter: I really want to see Pro-Slam jump into the 125-130+ range, and this weapon would absolutely do the trick. I think this weapon really exemplifies current design trends a la Blizzard and does what a good supporting legendary should do: buff in a creative way. Since our item deals inceased Slam damage to "Chilled or Slowed" enemies, you don't necessarily need to use Permafrost; there are lots of creative ways to make this work!

Also, I think it's fine if you pick buffed vs overhauled items. Some items, like Oathkeeper, just need BIGGER multipliers to be amazing.
07/05/2019 12:46 PMPosted by Free
I'm biased

We all are.

07/05/2019 12:46 PMPosted by Free
Also, I think it's fine if you pick buffed vs overhauled items. Some items, like Oathkeeper, just need BIGGER multipliers to be amazing.

Good picks! With such variety, you can't really wrong .

And if anyone want to choose a buff in place of a overhaul, then by all means.
I'm Dead Fan Sold on Frenzy. Since we have nothing to it yet...

My holy hope to bring any Frenzy combo alive:

1 -Oathkeeper damage buff increased from +200% to +1000%

To achieve cross-class parity and enable group play option as RGK, Oathkeeper bonus increased from 150-200% to 3000-4000%.

Or

Oathkeeper: “Your Primary skills attack 50% faster and deal 400-500% increased damage.”

To achieve cross-class parity, and enable group play option as RGK, Oathkeeper bonus increased to 800-1000%.

More dmg the best. Obviously. :D

2. Saffron Wrap new legendary affix: "The damage of your Primary skills is increased by 45-50% for each enemy hit by Overpower, for 10 seconds. Max 20 enemies."

But Max 20 is too low, Cap it at 50 and once it reach it, it Lock in for 10 seconds. Look at Crusader... Blessed shield.. Jeez it goes up to 70ish targets for 40% each.
07/05/2019 05:12 PMPosted by GodOfAllBob
2. Saffron Wrap new legendary affix: "The damage of your Primary skills is increased by 45-50% for each enemy hit by Overpower, for 10 seconds. Max 20 enemies."

But Max 20 is too low, Cap it at 50 and once it reach it, it Lock in for 10 seconds. Look at Crusader... Blessed shield.. Jeez it goes up to 70ish targets for 40% each.

Keep in mind that the power of Saffron greatly depends on the power of your primaries. If Oathkeeper is buffed to 1000%, and Overpower hits 20 enemies, your primary skill will suddenly be 1000% x 1000%!

While your Saffron buff is active, your primary skills will hit like monster trucks!
Honestly none of them. None of the small item changes will matter (especially for primaries) unless they buff the class everywhere else too.

Bastions to 30 or even 60 stacks
Boulder Toss to 800% dmg
Buffing primaries by 1000%

Individually, changes like those won’t matter at all for 120+ because Barb numbers are presently so far behind everything else.

Barb needs work, that’s kind of the point of the proposal.
Archie,

I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope you get at the least a little bit of enjoyment if any of these buffs go through.
If Barb gets small item buffs here and there it’ll be +2-3 GR levels and we’ll end up back where we’re at now.

You should do the math to understand why small things by themselves, like adding Morticks, +800% to Boulder Toss, and other minor things won’t make much difference for Barbs.

As I mentioned in the proposal thread and described in the cross class comparison I made, Barb is in a very rough spot even with minor item additions being added.

That is why Free and Rage’s second pass was added, to emphasize the major number problems.

Buffing Frenzy damage right now by 1000% won’t do anything. Making Rend give Barbs huge mitigation won’t do anything. Barb simply lacks the damage output and separate multipliers right now to push higher. The only exceptions to this is extreme fishing and broken mechanics (Wall Charge).
Arch, we address all this in the proposal. I'm not sure what your criticism is, but we extensively discuss what it takes--and what we should get--in order to get both intra- and inter-class parity. Saying that getting X here and Y here won't cut it simply isn't true. If we get a whole lot of X and Y, and specifically if they give us List 2 with the blue buffs, we're golden.

Is that gonna happen? Hard to say. I guess we'll find out.

In the meantime, we've done all we can. Don't beat a dead horse, dude.
I’m not talking about the proposal, I know it was adjusted to have more emphasis on the class problems.

I’m talking about this thread which I think misses the mark. I still think people don’t understand that without huge buffs to the class as a whole, the minor item ideas being added won’t make any difference.
Archie,
Idk what to tell ya. I personally think these "item ideas" are major, not "minor". Is it perfect, probably not. Is it needed, absolutely.
Eh, I take this thread more like a "What are 7 favorite items in the proposal" kind of thing. I don't think anyone thinks that just 7 cherry-picked items are going to fix our problems, so I wouldn't worry.

To me, this is a fun way to blow off steam and just stir up conversation about what might happen. There are a lot of cool item ideas in the proposal, and right now, that's all we got to go on.
07/06/2019 08:18 PMPosted by Free
Eh, I take this thread more like a "What are 7 favorite items in the proposal" kind of thing.

Yep, pretty much. This thread is intended just for funsies.
07/05/2019 10:44 AMPosted by DieHarder
... Your 7 favorite items from Proposal List 2 to make it into PTR and beyond(not an easy task) what would they be, for the sake of conversation.

Mortick’s
300th
Ambo's
Lamentations
BK Wedding
Undisputed
Madawc's

None.
Lazy,

I'm gonna ask you to put a little more effort at being fun.

07/07/2019 09:33 AMPosted by DieHarder
This thread is intended just for funsies.
If I’m forced to pick some individual item ideas for Barb then I’d say both for fun and helping the class here’s some of mine;

1. Mortick’s for sure. And they better not nerf it. Just leave it at all runes. Or give it the old effect from one of our old runes:

> Wrath of the Berserker gains the effect of all runes and its duration is increased by 2 seconds each time you kill an enemy.

2. Bastion’s Revered Frenzy goes to 40 stacks and Frenzy damage is increased by 700-800% (cubeable). It’s a 2 hand weapon so it should have monster bonuses.

3. Skull of Resonance - Remove the Charm component since all it does is DR. These modifier items need to be really good to be worth equipping RORG for or using in a helm slot.

> Threatening Shout now prevents Elites from using any Elite affixes for 6 seconds. This doesn’t DR and means recasting it at the right time is very powerful. Also means a support Barb can actually sacrifice an item slot to use this if they can keep up the buff in between pulls.

4. Blade of the Warlord - This mechanic is incredibly underpowered because Bash sucks, it’s single target, and its damage is low. So making it consume all fury needs to have a monster trade-off:

> Bash now consumes 40 Fury to deal 50,000% weapon damage.

5. Oathkeeper: An idea inspired by D2:

> Using a Primary skill drives the Barbarian “Berserk” lowering all resistances by 30% and increasing the damage of primary skills by 2000% and attack speed by 60% for 5 seconds.

You have to think big with Barb. Barb numbers are currently too low.
07/08/2019 05:52 AMPosted by Archæl
1. Mortick’s for sure. And they better not nerf it. Just leave it at all runes. Or give it the old effect from one of our old runes:

> Wrath of the Berserker gains the effect of all runes and its duration is increased by 2 seconds each time you kill an enemy.

This would be fantastic because it would place less dependence on using Zodiac for WW since you can keep IP up with CDR alone but it would also help primary skill builds keep close to 100% up time on WotB since there's no Zodiac equivalent for generators.

07/08/2019 05:52 AMPosted by Archæl
You have to think big with Barb. Barb numbers are currently too low.

This season I'm shaping up to push with LoN HotA for kicks and as a trial run I've taken the gear and tweaked it for a Frenzy build instead with a Primal Oathkeeper, Pig Sticker and Depth Diggers, gems in the 120s+ (trapped, simplicity strength, powerful) and some augmented pieces and the results are I can clear T16 in a few minutes. It is wretchedly bad how awful it compares to nearly anything else, LoN HotA or WW included. Unless they're throwing modifiers around in the 1000's it's not going to make a difference compared to other set builds and nowhere close to other classes.

When testing this I made the mistake of letting someone join my game who requested an invite and I ended up having to port back to town to put on a different set unless I wanted to turn T16 into a 6-7 minute run.
At this point, withholding Mortick's is pointless. As we point out in the proposal, it's no longer even close to OP.

IK HOTA might use it in the Cube in place of Aquila, but high-Paragon players will still swap it for Magefist.

R6 HOTA and any of the MOTE builds have too little uptime on Wrath.

Vile Charge might use it until a good pair of Parthans drop, but 50% doesn't compare with what Parthans offers the build.

Zodiac WW would definitely use it to replace IP and POC. We would need our Lamentation rework to replace Parthans, otherwise we'll just take Witching Hour with a Freeze roll.

So out of 5 major builds, only on 1 will definitely use it, 2 others might use it conditionally, and 2 more will not use it at all.LON builds likely won't use it due to the downtime on Wrath. IK-based primary skill builds would likely use it, but not unless we get the other buffs.

All they have to do is re-enable the item to drop. Of all our suggestions, it seems like the easiest to implement.
Free you have to remember that Mortick’s might have hurt someone’s feelings when they saw Barbs healing themselves too much.
07/08/2019 09:12 AMPosted by Archæl
Free you have to remember that Mortick’s might have hurt someone’s feelings when they saw Barbs healing themselves too much.

LOL

Back when Ancients wrecked everything in GR 50!