Starpact: Black Hole Vs. Karini

Wizard
I have it from RaydontPlay that blackhole is more damage. I have seen a few 150's this season on LB with the blackhole/essoteric setup. Then today our barb tells me that karini/occulus is twice the damage because of different sources of dmg multipliers.

My questions:

1. Black hole hitting 50-60 monsters per meteor =150-180% dmg bonus for meteor.
Is that inferior to the Oculus 85% + Zeis dmg bonus being roughly 30-40%, or is it double the damage as I was told today?

2. Are people who run the blackhole setup casting fire cycle to get oculus, or skipping altogether for audacity + trapped dmg since oculus is typically too far away?

3. I have tried the Karini setup and find it very hard to refill my arcane pool after fire cycle cast before arcane. How are people casting fire, then refilling fully before arcane? Is it sleet storm + Wave of Force spam?

Thanks
Blackhole is more damage. There are 2 builds: audacity and powerhungry. PH+zeis+occulus is the most damaging form. Seasonal buffs allows 2 free rings so extra mitigation (karini)+ less CDR required (zodiac). When you play with the right supports and have good gears (more than 3 CDR for gogok+zodiac builds), you drop gogok for eso, drop karini (storm armor) for SOJ (blackhole). This gives more damage than karini + zeis+powerhungry, but it is more squishy.

You have wiz running audacity + soj + eso and drop karini. It does work on lower tiers, however audacity is outdated build.

I am not sure how you calculated zeis damage, at lvl 150 zeis is 60% damage when you are 41+ yards. So if you stand in occulus it is Base*1.3(powerhungry)*1.85(occulus)*1.6(150 lvl zeis) for non blackhole

For blackhole it is Base *1.3*1.85*1.6* 2.5(150% blackhole buff)+strong arm/debuff (not blackhole shares same pool of buff as toxin/strongarm)

For audacity blackhole it is Base *1.3(audacity)*1.3*(assuming 21 yard zeis)*1.85 (if there is occulus)*2.5(blackhole) + other debuffs %

Your barb probably meant 1.3*1.3*2.5 (audacity no occy) =4.225 multiplier vs Powerhungry zeis with occy which is 1.3*1.85*1.6 =3.848 multiplier.. which means he is wrong..assuming 50 mobs @ 3% BH stack each.
Thanks for your reply. Could you tell me how people refill their arcane power so quickly when dumping your arcane pool half way through fire?
07/05/2019 02:30 AMPosted by Vanquish
Thanks for your reply. Could you tell me how people refill their arcane power so quickly when dumping your arcane pool half way through fire?

Arcane isnt an issue anymore unlike firebird meta when you need to shoot 2 shots on arcane. 1 shot on fire and 1 shot on arcane leaves plenty of time to fill up.

If barb dont bring density, consider 8 APOC on gears but 90% of time, 4 apoc is sufficient. Forked lightning / surge on power both viable. Forked has higher Arcane refill but relies on APOC and density.