D4 - Bring back Ethereal items

General Discussion
Here's an idea I had regarding their possible return in D4.

Maybe this time they could make them super powerful with no chance of becoming permanent? Sort of like a little supercharge that lasts a few minutes at best. Mind you, I guess that would be like what we have with pylons currently.

Any other ideas?
07/02/2019 02:27 PMPosted by ImmortalKing
Here's an idea I had regarding their possible return in D4.

Maybe this time they could make them super powerful with no chance of becoming permanent? Sort of like a little supercharge that lasts a few minutes at best. Mind you, I guess that would be like what we have with pylons currently.

Any other ideas?

Ethereal items are basically ancient items, in a different and better form.
I rather like this idea. It could work in D3 as well.
BIS items that can't be repaired and must be replaced with lesser items when they wear out.
I would argue, that both durability and gold should be removed, and we should get more interesting currency and crafting mats, but that's just me.
Enjoy finding a BiS, that will get broken beyond repair...
People are already unhappy with the state of pushing GRs and how fishing has become an integral part of it. You really want to bring back Ethereal items? It will be quite rage inducing to not only fail a GR by seconds, but also deal with losing an item and having to drop back down however many levels that Ethereal item was worth.
Zod rune will fix it.
07/02/2019 06:28 PMPosted by ElobaCarcen
I would argue, that both durability and gold should be removed, and we should get more interesting currency and crafting mats, but that's just me.
Enjoy finding a BiS, that will get broken beyond repair...

Meh. Like what, PoE where crafting mats are currency? That’s not really very interesting because something simply becomes the standard instead of gold (chaos orbs, in this case), with the unfortunate result that most players can’t make use of that crafting material because they’re always using it to trade.

Or Grim Dawn where there’s Iron Bits instead of gold? Makes sense in the context for the world, but for all intents and purposes it’s just gold by another name. They’re even shown, graphically, in the inventory and bank as a pile of coins.
Guys. I shot down my own idea in the op and asked if anyone had more ideas.

I always like the idea of ethereal items. I just think they could have been done better.
by the time they make D4 you'll already be in a mental institution..

downvoting.. booo!