Very Frequent Disconnects

Technical Support
Was playing and wow! disconnected causing character to get hosed. The latency was in the red (1005). This has happened about 8 times in a hour. Then disconnected from the game completely, 1016 error. What's going on? And before any one says any thing about refreshing my modem or router, yep, done it, nope, didn't help.
Here's my two cents' worth: I just started playing again after not playing for about 3 years, and a lot has changed! Including the fact that every time - Every single time - I log in, I know that I am going to get booted from the game by a network disconnect error, followed by a 1016 error. Then I have to log in again, and I *might* get to play. If I get to play, when I run a rift, or even worse, a bounty, I can't count on getting to town for the reward. Any time I am teleporting between scenes, I risk either the network disconnect or 1016 error. This is really getting old. Today the game is totally unplayable. After four immediate disconnects and getting hosed because my character froze and apparently yours didn't (another annoying lag problem), I gave up for this afternoon. This is NOT the Blizzard I knew three years ago.
I know the feeling, trust me! Getting hosed when you are almost at the end of a Grift or when you need 2-3 hits on a boss, SUCKS! What is the problem???? 1016 errors, servers are full, blah, blah, blah, can't make me believe that it's a net problem!
I tried an experiment - since I live out in a semi-rural area with so-so wi-fi as my only internet option, I took my laptop to work and used the T3 connection there (I teach at a community college), and I had the exact same problems. It's summer term, and while there are a lot of students taking online courses, the load on the system is nothing like regular semester months... So my home internet may be responsible for some of these problems, but I don't think that it's all on me.
07/05/2019 08:58 AMPosted by Smilodon85
I tried an experiment - since I live out in a semi-rural area with so-so wi-fi as my only internet option, I took my laptop to work and used the T3 connection there (I teach at a community college), and I had the exact same problems.
This could be an indication that the problem is on your laptop... have you gone through the troubleshooting listed here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20755796223#post-2
Not likely. It's a brand new installation, after a brand new rebuild of the computer with a brand new HDD. Given the number of similar posts I am seeing here, and the kinds of issues I am reading about, it looks like Blizzard is denying some serious server issues... I met a new error (actually, I think I've seen it before, but this is the first time I actually made note of it) today: Error 3006, which is most definitely a server error. That was followed immediately by Error 1016, both of which were preceded by a Disconnect error. That sounds like a network crash...
As you wish.... I'm just trying to help you.

Good luck !

P.S. : How long do you have to play before one of these "network" errors occur ? I've been playing for the last 50~60 minutes on Americas and it looks pretty good to me.
Still disconnects, dropping the game, giving errors, Diablo servers are full when trying to reconnect, 1310 ms on latency, yeah Blizzard has a problem with the servers.
And once again disconnected from the server, oohh Diablo servers are full, WTF!
Blizzard has a real problem, latency is out the window, game lagging, disconnects at least 8 to 12 times an hour. I don't seem to have a problem with posting this, only with trying to play D3!
Hey y'all,

The 1016 errors are just generic disconnect errors, so it's difficult to determine what is causing the problem specifically. If you can run a WinMTR test and paste the results here, that may help us pinpoint what's happening.