Season 17: DH drops a Bovine Bardiche

General Discussion
Although extremely rare, my Hardcore Seasonal Demon Hunter on the Americas Region dropped a Bovine Bardiche after killing the Greater Rift Guardian. I was really lucky this morning.
Demon Hunter drops a Bovine Bardiche:
https://i.imgur.com/gs44dD9.jpg
Normally, when I want to run a Not the Cow Level, I upgrade 10 Rare Level 70 Bardiches I've crafted at the Blacksmith for 1 - 3 Bovine Bardiches.
Bovine Bardiches from Kanai's Cube
https://youtu.be/0bYF-Gs-bdE
K
Was there a point to this thread?

You do realize that ANY item can fall for ANY character, even outside their class, just not as often. Upgrading rares at the cube won't do it of course, but world drops can. And as far as I know Kadala won't give you a Barb two hander when fishing for two handed weapons as a DH for example, but the world drops are fair game to troll you.

Game on.

Edit:

Yep, I goofed. Upgrading polearm weapons in the cube does work and as noted below better with classes that can't use polearms, but still the rest of my post is accurate. Just wasn't awake enough apparently when I first posted. lol
You know you can just easily forge a bovine from a pole arm you craft from blacksmith right?
07/06/2019 09:02 AMPosted by DTMAce
Upgrading rares at the cube won't do it of course

Sure it can. Craft some level 70 rare polearms at the Blacksmith. Use the Cube's "Upgrade rare to legendary" recipe and you'll get some Bovine Bardiches in the results. In fact, the classes that do not have any class-specific polearms available to them, or that cannot equip polearms at all, have a higher chance of getting a bardiche as the table of possible legendaries is a smaller table.
07/06/2019 03:56 AMPosted by Perusoe
Although extremely rare, my Hardcore Seasonal Demon Hunter on the Americas Region dropped a Bovine Bardiche after killing the Greater Rift Guardian. Normally, when I want to run a Not the Cow Level, I upgrade 10 Rare Level 70 Bardiches I've crafted at the Blacksmith for 1 - 3 Bovine Bardiches. This morning I got really lucky.[quote]Demon Hunter drops a Bovine Bardiche:
https://i.imgur.com/gs44dD9.jpg

I have atleast 30 spares of this, its worthless. Congrats on the troll post tho.
07/06/2019 09:34 AMPosted by Meteorblade
Upgrading rares at the cube won't do it of course

Sure it can. Craft some level 70 rare polearms at the Blacksmith. Use the Cube's "Upgrade rare to legendary" recipe and you'll get some Bovine Bardiches in the results. In fact, the classes that do not have any class-specific polearms available to them, or that cannot equip polearms at all, have a higher chance of getting a bardiche as the table of possible legendaries is a smaller table.

Yeah, not sure what I was thinking there. Of course that works. I think I was thinking of when you are upgrading rares of weapons for that class, but yep. Wasn't awake when I posted that. lol
07/06/2019 09:56 AMPosted by DTMAce

Yeah, not sure what I was thinking there. Of course that works. I think I was thinking of when you are upgrading rares of weapons for that class, but yep. Wasn't awake when I posted that. lol

This is why my wife tells me I can't post when drunk or when I haven't had enough coffee in the mornings. I'm pretty good about the coffee part.
Was there a point to this thread?
Occasionally players post they are not able to get Bovine Bardiches to drop. (Usually in the Bug Report Forum). Some of the responses they get state that Classes that cannot equip a particular item will "never" see that item drop.

The only point to this thread was to show that any item can drop for any Class, even though, in some cases, it may be very rare. It happened to me this morning and I just thought I'd share it with you. And since, for my Demon Hunter, it's a rare occurrence, I didn't know if I'd get another chance to catch this. But, to say these items "never" drop for certain Classes is just wrong.

Sorry to anyone who didn't like the information.

Upgrading rares at the cube won't do it of course, but world drops can.
Case in point: https://youtu.be/0bYF-Gs-bdE

Yep, I goofed. Upgrading polearm weapons in the cube does work and as noted below
Glad to see you've come to your senses. ;-)
Just curious, why do some people say "I dropped [item]" when they got an item instead of "[item] dropped for me" or just "I found [item]"?

I find it really weird.
07/06/2019 11:47 PMPosted by HunterKiller
Just curious, why do some people say "I dropped [item]" when they got an item instead of "[item] dropped for me" or just "I found [item]"?

I find it really weird.
I used to think this as well. But, I've seen so many players use this expression, in-game and in the forums, that I began to accept it as a player-adopted phrase referring to items that drop for your Character from any source: Kicking Barrels, clicking on Corpses, opening Chests or killing monsters.

Eventually, I picked up on the expression myself. A sort of: "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" kind of thing. ;-)

I used a variation of it in the title merely to keep the title from becoming too long. (It's long enough as it is).
But no need to call the drop "lucky". Maybe the game was just about to drop you a primal Yang's, Karlei's or Holy Point Shot but then the wheel of fortune turned a notch more and you ended with this polearm. :-p
07/07/2019 05:36 AMPosted by Jazz
But no need to call the drop "lucky".
Well, that was not exactly what I meant.

What I meant was:
07/07/2019 05:36 AMPosted by Jazz
the game was just about to drop you a primal Yang's, Karlei's or Holy Point Shot but then the wheel of fortune turned a notch more and you ended with this polearm.
And, to me...

that's "lucky". (A.K.A. D3 RNG) ;-)
this thrad sux0r
Dude gets an interesting drop that he hasn't gotten w his DH before, mentions what he considers good fortune in the General Forum, and of course the Trolls have to come out and do what trolls do.
Occasionally players post they are not able to get Bovine Bardiches to drop.

How you manipulated the RNG to make it drop for you? Wanna speak and give hints for players out there who are unable to loot it on their Demon Hunters?
07/07/2019 09:21 AMPosted by naksiloth
How you manipulated the RNG to make it drop for you?
I didn't "manipulate" anything. That's why i felt "lucky" for it to drop.

07/07/2019 09:21 AMPosted by naksiloth
Wanna speak and give hints for players out there who are unable to loot it on their Demon Hunters?
I already have... a few times in fact. Including in this thread... in the OP, (which includes a screenshot of the drop)... and then again in my next post, (which includes a link to a video I uploaded in Season 16 showing how to get them from upgrading Rare Level 70 Bardiches).

Just for you:
Posted by Perusoe
Case in point: https://youtu.be/0bYF-Gs-bdE
Hint: Watch the video.