Is this the game for me any more?

General Discussion
Since this thread doesn't have the original post any more. I'll just add my latest comment that kinda sums up some of what I'm experiencing from the Multiplayer aspect of Diablo 3. I pretty much feel like soloing is the way to go for me for right now, until the next season when there more legit players come back.

07/08/2019 01:22 PMPosted by Orrion
Well.. since the basis of this thread was 3 people calling you out for mistakes in voice chat, I'm going to guess they weren't botting.

07/08/2019 01:34 PMPosted by Meteorblade
I always love great works of fiction. So, with that in mind, could you regale us all with a tale about why you think botting is in any way related to you being called a bad support monk despite being the "best gamer ever"?

Because the people in that group were botters / using a script to control their StarPact, that they got from a botting website. So the whole thing was skewed. Take botting out of the equation and those three people never would have been asking me to run 129s on my Zmonk. They would have been lucky I let him group with me on my Vyr's Chantodo's Archon wiz.

My Wiz is at 4,000,000 Damage self buffed by the way.

And Yes in case you didn't know, Orrion, Botters actually play the game to do high level stuff. That's part of the problem too. I just want to do low levels like 75s-100s for gem ups, but they get that done by botting 105s 24 hours a day.

To answer your question, Meteorblade, Support Monk is my 3rd alt. I shouldn't be running 129s with my 3rd alt that I have 11 hours played on. 129 would have been my personal best for any season on any characer. ever. The problem was I was dying a lot.

It's actually pretty hard for me to find non botters this late in the season.

If you look at my hours played this season my Vyr's Chantodo's Archon Wizard, you will see that it's a billion times more hours played than my Monk. The botters get to DPS, because they are higher paragon. Even though I'm highest paragon this season that I've ever been in any season ever. It's not good enough.

(Wizard: 165 hours, Monk: 11.5 hours)

So If i was able to play Wizard with non botters, I probably would have been carrying on my Wiz and I would be worshiped for being amazing.

PS: I'm going to let a little emotion show through here. But if you hate me bragging all the time, why do you constantly try to get me to brag, by making me look bad. So I have to defend myself? If I make you feel bad when I brag, don't make me do it! Ok? Just accept that maybe I say what I say for a reason.
07/06/2019 01:33 PMPosted by TrvAix
The sad thing is I don't think it's Diablo 3 that's the problem at all. It's an amazing game and I freaking love it! I do have an issue with... I guess it's the players? Not sure if that's exactly what I mean either, but like - The state of the game in multiplayer is no longer fun for me.
That is why I cringe every time someone suggests that Blizzard make a Diablo sequel for the PC that is more like an MMO game. I do not enjoy online interactions in any game, and it is not because I am about as social as a bot in Chat (i.e. not at all), but because I find this aspect to be a distraction from the actual gameplay.

I play 100% solo. I do not attempt to play the "META" because it would rob me of what I enjoy most about this game, which is to play the way I like, at my own pace. Granted, I wish this game was less oriented toward group play, because it is very inefficient to do Bounties solo, or level gems solo, or... do pretty much anything else!
07/06/2019 01:52 PMPosted by HelloKitty
The sad thing is I don't think it's Diablo 3 that's the problem at all. It's an amazing game and I freaking love it! I do have an issue with... I guess it's the players? Not sure if that's exactly what I mean either, but like - The state of the game in multiplayer is no longer fun for me.
That is why I cringe every time someone suggests that Blizzard make a Diablo sequel for the PC that is more like an MMO game. I do not enjoy online interactions in any game, and it is not because I am about as social as a bot in Chat (i.e. not at all), but because I find this aspect to be a distraction from the actual gameplay.

I play 100% solo. I do not attempt to play the "META" because it would rob me of what I enjoy most about this game, which is to play the way I like, at my own pace. Granted, I wish this game was less oriented toward group play, because it is very inefficient to do Bounties solo, or level gems solo, or... do pretty much anything else!

And I want this and any future Diablo to stay with the emphasis on multiplayer - because it's pretty much the only RPG that does.

Grim Dawn is a great game, but very hard to find players to group with because of mods and the lack of any matchmaking.

PoE has a solo endgame because of the way mapping works. You get 6 portals whether you're solo or in a group of 6, so everyone plays solo to get 6 inventories' worth of drops.

Chaosbane, aside from being released way earlier than it should have been, has an absolute garbage matchmaking system (which is disappointing because multiplayer is pretty fun).

So for people that actually like multiplayer combat and synergy in an RPG.. D3 is it.
Or you could just man up and say "No i dont want to play monk, if thats not ok then i will just do my own thing."

Nobody "forces" you to do squat in a game. if they do find a better class of people to play with.
It is infinitely more enjoyable to watch Netflix on my tablet, next to my monitor, and just run solo.

Welcome, you burnt out.

I don't think it's Diablo 3 that's the problem at all. It's an amazing game and I freaking love it! I do have an issue with... I guess it's the players?

Diablo 3 itself is the one who forced this inhouse meta by turning endgame in some sort of race where you chase ghosts of other players and your own.
To get the highest efficiency from runs, you have to group up with friends who keep up with you regardless of possible powergaps and timezone changes that may occur. Else you get stuck with strangers who doesn't fit in, like the situation you were in.

Think about the reason why you're there at that position first to connect dots, not after.

So yeah I'm forced to go Zdps Monk.

Zdps characters are hard to play to begin with. Blaming them is like blaming medic/healer each time you die in a dungeon raid. It's the usual thing where backbone of the team gets the blame.

So if I prefer playing solo, maybe there is a better game out there for me?

There are other ARPGs out there and new shooters are about to be released this or next year. Your call. If you can not live with criticism coming from egotistical players, then you may as well play solo only.

That way people aren't going to ask me to run some arbitrarily astronomically high GR that my character should never be doing. Y'know?

So you criticizing the meta and game design? That's a start.
--I wasn't allowed?
--I was forced?

What the hell is wrong with you? It's a freaking game with strangers! How can anyone force you to do something you don't want to do with your free time?

That is seriously jacked up dude.
07/06/2019 02:01 PMPosted by Orrion
PoE has a solo endgame because of the way mapping works. You get 6 portals whether you're solo or in a group of 6, so everyone plays solo to get 6 inventories' worth of drops.

I spent a good 2 minutes laughing at how wrong this was.

While PoE has a lot of solo play, as nothing about end-game goals requires group play and has almost nothing to do with the number of portals, there are situations where grouping can be more efficient. For example, a unique map Poorjoy's Asylum has a very high experience modifier and instead of running it solo players will often join Poorjoy rotations thus giving each person 6 runs.
Grim Dawn is a great game, but very hard to find players to group with because of mods and the lack of any matchmaking.

PoE has a solo endgame because of the way mapping works.

for people that actually like multiplayer combat and synergy in an RPG.. D3 is it.

D3 and Warframe.
Unfortunately, you are correct about PoE and Grim Dawn. They are not good for multiplayer.

@ OP
More and more I'm wanting to just play solo.

Then play solo, but keep in mind, that you'll be behind on paragon.
One thing I don't like about t16 runs in groups is that every one goes so fast! Like, I'm pretty quick. I run movement passives and stuff and I'm generally pretty quick. Players are like stressing out trying to be the fastest in the group and it's annoying to always be catching up to people. I'd rather go at my own pace - Which is fast, but I'm not like sprinting if that makes sense.

Running fast or spamming abilities for moving fast is nothing new to the Diablo franchise. It was back in D2, spamming teleport, it is now in D3 spamming movement abilities.
If you can't keep up with others on T16, then... you're not fast...

In groups, you either abide by how the group plays, or you form your own group and set rules, or you play solo.
07/06/2019 02:42 PMPosted by Animule

I spent a good 2 minutes laughing at how wrong this was.

While PoE has a lot of solo play, as nothing about end-game goals requires group play and has almost nothing to do with the number of portals, there are situations where grouping can be more efficient. For example, a unique map Poorjoy's Asylum has a very high experience modifier and instead of running it solo players will often join Poorjoy rotations thus giving each person 6 runs.

So you have ONE example of where multiplayer is more efficient, and suddenly I’m incorrect?

Even your phrasing indicates solo is far more common than multiplayer in the endgame.
the fact that anyone has the willpower to play through this game at this point is baffling to me
And I want this and any future Diablo to stay with the emphasis on multiplayer - because it's pretty much the only RPG that does.
I understand. But, for me, my introduction to the Diablo franchise was Diablo 2, which began over a decade ago, when a lot of games still supported offline play. While it was easier to progress in Diablo 2 with a friend, I did not feel like I needed a friend in the game to make the loot hunt feel worthwhile. Diablo 3, on the other hand, is different.

I like the fact that, for certain players, Diablo 3 supports multiplayer and has incentives for these players to group together. However, the disparity between multiplayer and solo has opened a rift (pun intended), which is evident to anyone who glances at the leader boards or has ever tried to do Bounties solo. And when you add cheating into that equation, the progress gap becomes insurmountable.

Honestly, my biggest gripe is that it takes me 45-50 minutes to do a complete set of Bounties solo. And, if it were not for the four-man groups that can collect the same reward in a fraction of that time, I would not be asked to complete 25 Bounties in order to receive 16 of each unique Bounty material. In this instance, the solution (i.e. multiplayer) becomes the problem, because the alternative (i.e. solo) is untenable.
06/25/2019 11:43 AMPosted by TrvAix
I'm the best gamer ever, and you should respect what I have to say.
I just hear three people in Discord talking crap about how bad I am and all the things I'm doing wrong.

Oh, my! That's quite a discrepancy between your claims and other people's appraisal of your actual ability.
yes it is diablo 3 is the greatest game ever.Ive been playing for years and I will continue as long as its active
07/06/2019 05:03 PMPosted by TrvAix
<span class="truncated">...</span><span class="truncated">...</span>
Oh, my! That's quite a discrepancy between your claims and other people's appraisal of your actual ability.

I don't appreciate you trying to derail my thread by trolling and embarrassing me.

If you don't like the taste of your foot, you shouldn't put it in your mouth.
Your claim to be the Best Gamer Ever will follow you around like a lost puppy.
07/06/2019 04:03 PMPosted by HelloKitty
I understand. But, for me, my introduction to the Diablo franchise was Diablo 2, which began over a decade ago, when a lot of games still supported offline play. While it was easier to progress in Diablo 2 with a friend, I did not feel like I needed a friend in the game to make the loot hunt feel worthwhile. Diablo 3, on the other hand, is different.

D2 was like the first ARPG to emphasize multiplayer online (yes, D1 did it, but it removed the bulk of the quests in multiplayer and turned into a "farm Lazarus/Diablo and restart" thing). You could have EIGHT players in D2. And while you may have chosen to solo, I assure you the LAN community and online play was quite active.

And.. D3's loot hunt these days is a joke, even while solo (and especially in Seasons). I grant you multiplayer was very worthwhile to do for loot hunting back in the first year of Reaper when they had very rare items and the drop rates were low, but.. I viewed that as a good thing. Multiplayer D3 is still one of the best multiplayer experiences out right now, and bar none the best in ARPGs.

I like the fact that, for certain players, Diablo 3 supports multiplayer and has incentives for these players to group together. However, the disparity between multiplayer and solo has opened a rift (pun intended), which is evident to anyone who glances at the leader boards or has ever tried to do Bounties solo. And when you add cheating into that equation, the progress gap becomes insurmountable.

The leaderboards have always been a farce in this game. They were tacked on after the fact and the devs have never made any of the adjustments necessary to make the leaderboards worth striving for.. nor have they even attempted to keep cheating out of it, as you say, which further kills it.

IF they make another game they need to either plan it with leaderboards at the start and support them as necessary, or they need to just not have leaderboards (I favor this). Without leaderboards, would you even care about this "rift" between multiplayer and solo?

Honestly, my biggest gripe is that it takes me 45-50 minutes to do a complete set of Bounties solo. And, if it were not for the four-man groups that can collect the same reward in a fraction of that time, I would not be asked to complete 25 Bounties in order to receive 16 of each unique Bounty material. In this instance, the solution (i.e. multiplayer) becomes the problem, because the alternative (i.e. solo) is untenable.

Well, no, your biggest gripe is that a group can do it faster. If your biggest gripe was that it takes you that long to solo bounties then you wouldn't be complaining about multiplayer - because if they just killed split-farming or whatever, then you'd STILL take 45-50 minutes to do a complete set of solo bounties.

Anyway, that's simply a flawed design that they've never bothered to fix.. and it doesn't have much to do with my stance of wanting multiplayer to be attractive. I have no interest in forcing multiplayer or for multiplayer to be X amount more efficient than solo. I just want ARPGs to have a fun multiplayer experience, with decent matchmaking and good ability synergy between classes.
07/06/2019 05:03 PMPosted by TrvAix
07/06/2019 04:49 PMPosted by Meteorblade

I don't appreciate you trying to derail my thread by trolling and embarrassing me.

Well, the fix for that is not to set yourself up for it by saying stupid and/or embarrassing things.

In this particular situation.. maybe you could learn to be a better Zdps monk?
Well, the OP just wasted another 15 seconds of my day. Please take you medications.
07/06/2019 06:04 PMPosted by Avalon
Well, the OP just wasted another 15 seconds of my day. Please take you medications.

you're being really mean and I don't appreciate it.