Is this the game for me any more?

General Discussion
I do not appreciate your never ending "look at me", so we are now even.
If you are in need of consent attention just go out and get a comfort dog.
07/06/2019 06:20 PMPosted by TrvAix
07/06/2019 06:04 PMPosted by Avalon
Well, the OP just wasted another 15 seconds of my day. Please take you medications.

you're being really mean and I don't appreciate it.

Nobody appreciated you stylizing yourself as the best player ever, either.

Didn't stop you.
Starting multiple threads is, in and of itself, an act of attention seeking.
It would appear different if the topics were only about gameplay without the personal diary elements.
You leave yourself open to attacks and wonder why.
Do you not see this?
Just some friendly advice from an old guy who will never match your in-game achievements..
07/06/2019 07:37 PMPosted by yessquire

I made one post in Demon Hunter forum asking a question, and made this one in General Discussion. That's it for the week. So how often would you say I'm allowed to start threads? Once a month? Once a season?
07/06/2019 08:21 PMPosted by TrvAix

I made one post in Demon Hunter forum asking a question, and made this one in General Discussion. That's it for the week. So how often would you say I'm allowed to start threads? Once a month? Once a season?
How about never?
Especially since you have nothing useful to say.
07/06/2019 08:21 PMPosted by TrvAix

Meh, you can start as many as you want.

Your problem, though, is that you became notorious when you made That One Thread where you propped yourself up as the best player ever and bragged about your achievements.

For a while any new threads (and maybe posts) you make are gonna be viewed in that light.. so it doesn't look very good when you then make a post complaining about how you were bad-mouthed by people in your group. Eat your humble pie and realize that you might still have things to learn. You're not an expert in everything D3.

Besides which.. jerks are present in any multiplayer game you'll ever play, and you'll need to deal with it.
07/06/2019 01:33 PMPosted by TrvAix
Deleting this post, because of the toxic responses.
I don't see why people can't be nice.

You've done this retrospective redaction in other threads too. It's not because of the responses, it's because you can't defend what you said and want to try and hide the evidence. Of course, that doesn't work when people have already quoted what the posts originally said.

If me quoting two things you've said and pointing out that they contain contradictory claims upsets your feelings I couldn't care less.

Well, strap in, you're not going to enjoy this...
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/TrvAix-1845/hero/112510786
I'm genuinely intrigued why the "best gamer ever" rolled off DEX from both weapons to get CDR. You know, rather than rolling off the weapon damage, as the Support Monk isn't there to do damage. You also don't have Cyclone Strike / Implosion in your build, so how are you gathering mobs into a pack for the Star Pact Wizard to area damage them all? You're also not wearing the shoulders that reduce your incoming damage after a Cyclone Strike which is a major source of mitigation, if you knew what you were doing and actually had Cyclone Strike in your build.
I have 1000 hours on PoE, MP in PoE is abomination.
- No matchmaking ....in 2019
- Fighting over Loot
-Lag & screen becomes a blur due to all the big aß Aoe & effects. Somethime I couldn't even see what is going on playing solo.
- Maps not design for MP, many maze like cellish that MP just doesn't make sense.
- All of MP is exp speedrun, which is like Nep Rift, nbut only Nep rift
- No teamwork whatsoever need, as mobs fell like dominos.
- 99% of partyings are for trading.

I think D3 can be a much better arpg, & it pained me to say it required only a few things from Good to great
2-3 extra game modes, on top of NR. GR, Bounty, Uber. Say a monster hunting mode where the monster can drop rare mats that can convert normal to ancient, or ancient to Primal in cube.

Buff least used skills & legs, so we can have more fun builds like weapon throw or all the other monk skills that is not wave of light.

But, its has the best MP by far. Thats whats keep me playing. I barely play solo expect for solo occasional solo push.
LOLZ a guy crying for toxic responses, yeah take ur chill pills and dont call somebody toxic just because you dont like his responses, that is leftist
07/07/2019 01:37 AMPosted by Meteorblade

I'm genuinely intrigued why the "best gamer ever" rolled off DEX from both weapons to get CDR. You know, rather than rolling off the weapon damage, as the Support Monk isn't there to do damage. You also don't have Cyclone Strike / Implosion in your build, so how are you gathering mobs into a pack for the Star Pact Wizard to area damage them all? You're also not wearing the shoulders that reduce your incoming damage after a Cyclone Strike which is a major source of mitigation, if you knew what you were doing and actually had Cyclone Strike in your build.

I use the Tempest Rush build for higher stuff when the Barb is pixel pulling with Ground Stomp. It's more that the Barb asked me to run that build. I have a Cyclone Strike build as well that I use for off meta stuff.
07/07/2019 07:24 AMPosted by TrvAix
07/07/2019 01:37 AMPosted by Meteorblade

I use the Tempest Rush build for higher stuff when the Barb is pixel pulling with Ground Stomp. It's more that the Barb asked me to run that build. I have a Cyclone Strike build as well that I use for off meta stuff.

Then what could you possibly have been futzing up enough that the other 3 guys called you out for?
07/07/2019 07:33 AMPosted by Orrion
Then what could you possibly have been futzing up enough that the other 3 guys called you out for?

The short answer is I was dying over and over again.
I cleared a 125 with a different group on my monk a few days before the run we're talking about. But this was a 129.
07/06/2019 01:52 PMPosted by HelloKitty
The sad thing is I don't think it's Diablo 3 that's the problem at all. It's an amazing game and I freaking love it! I do have an issue with... I guess it's the players? Not sure if that's exactly what I mean either, but like - The state of the game in multiplayer is no longer fun for me.
That is why I cringe every time someone suggests that Blizzard make a Diablo sequel for the PC that is more like an MMO game. I do not enjoy online interactions in any game, and it is not because I am about as social as a bot in Chat (i.e. not at all), but because I find this aspect to be a distraction from the actual gameplay.

I play 100% solo. I do not attempt to play the "META" because it would rob me of what I enjoy most about this game, which is to play the way I like, at my own pace. Granted, I wish this game was less oriented toward group play, because it is very inefficient to do Bounties solo, or level gems solo, or... do pretty much anything else!

i have the same preference;
-random teams are rarely fun
-clan teams are sometimes fun, because good clans are rare
-RL-friends teams are rare, but mostly fun, i guess
07/07/2019 08:02 AMPosted by TrvAix
The short answer is I was dying over and over again.

Looking at your skill build I can not really nail it down where you made a mistake, but I believe it was nothing you couldn't fare with. You may have change the skill build until then of course but it seemed a bit offense side for a zdps spec.
While Flying Dragon combo gen with TR is a brilliant call, I think you went over with it.

You're using Strongarm while it doesn't affect other party members, you're using two generators because of this. You didn't roll away weapon damage on your dual wield, nor have Guardian's Path passive. If you could ditch Deadly Reach, Breath of Heaven could easily replace it for healing, giving you space for going something more self sustaining skillrune for Epiphany like Desert Shroud.

Do you think I'm toxic yet?
I never wanted to play Monk though. I put most of my time into my Vyr's Wizard. The only reason I made a monk was because I was bored and had the mats to craft a full build.