PAIN ENHANCER

General Discussion
If you have a weapon bleed roll and the pain enhancer. Does that count as two bleed for the pain enhancer attack speed buff. So one mob two bleeds 6% and ten mobs 20 bleeds 60%? The legendary gem says per bleed right?
As I know bleed stacks, but Pain Enhancer only reacts to its own bleed effect. I mean the bleed damage from weapon won't trigger Pain gem at all. A rather rare moment, but if your weapon effect triggers before Pain gem's bleed after crit you most likely won't benefit from it. Pain Enhancer has a unique effect to apply guaranteed bleed on crits, where weapon modifier is random 30-40% chance. Also attack speed increases per target around you, not bleed effect stacking on them.
Of course I have a fuzzy memory but that's what I remember. If someone else clarifies it, it'll be better.

07/05/2019 01:30 PMPosted by zermus
The legendary gem says per bleed right?

Rank 25: Gain Blood Frenzy, granting 3% increased Attack Speed for each bleeding enemy within 20 yards
That applies per target, not bleed stacks.
Ahh so I I see where I got it wrong.
All you need to know is the weapon bleed% roll on a weapon (300-400% or whatever) is one of the worst things you can have on your weapon. Reroll the weapon bleed% modifier to literally anything else and it will be better.
... (edited, memory failed).
On top of my head bleed can be useful if; you are looking for a Follower item to trigger an "after kill" bonus for them (ie. Mad Monarch's Scepter) or you're planning to abuse Broken Promises in a niché build. And yes, BP works with Pain Enhancer as well.
07/05/2019 02:09 PMPosted by Jazz
you're usually rerolling primary stats on weapons and not worrying about secondaries.

Funnily enough, Bleed is actually a primary stat. No idea why anyone would ever want it though.

07/05/2019 01:41 PMPosted by naksiloth
As I know bleed stacks, but Pain Enhancer only reacts to its own bleed effect.

Pretty sure PE does count other bleed sources as well. Support monks used to run bleed for PE I think. In searching through old threads, apparently I tested this at one point:

02/16/2017 06:40 PMPosted by TinneOnnMuin
02/16/2017 10:08 AMPosted by EmmetOtter
I'm fairly sure that any bleed from any source and any player will trigger it.

Any *physical* bleed, I think.

I was testing at one point with different Exploding Palm runes, only the physical runes that apply a bleed effect (unruned, The Flesh is Weak) trigger PE. The weapon bleed proc is also physical, so that works. I haven't tested Rend, but based on what I saw with EP, I'd imagine it's only the physical runes that work.

I have no memory of doing that testing. Or making that post. But I think I trust that Tinne from the past, so it would seem that PE can react to other bleed effects. Possibly including weapon bleed.

Not sure if they stack though. It's worded as "for each bleeding enemy". Even if the enemy has multiple different bleeds on it, it still only one bleeding enemy. I've never actually tested that, but my guess would be that an enemy only counts for one PE attack speed stack, regardless of how many different sources of bleed it has applied. As it's still just the same enemy bleeding.
Rend can trigger Pain Enhancer stacks, so it should count anything that is bleeding, and from what I have gathered it is what it does.

Next Pain Enhancer does something 2500% over 3 seconds. The weapon affix does 400% over 5 seconds. And given they Are DoTs they deal damage every half second, meaning Pain Enhancer will deal 833% per tick while the weapon affix deals 80% per tick.

Since every level up of PE is 50%, it comes down to 8% per rank and thus every 10 ranks is another weapon bleed affix.

They do stack additively as such, meaning you will deal 833%+80% (913%) each tick for 3 seconds, and then 80% each tick the last 2 seconds.

Needless to say, don't bother with it.
yes i used a zmonk, when there was wichdoctor who used PE, he asked me to reroll my weapon to have bleed so his PE would proc more often, so if u have bleed prob in ur wapon it will proc PE

Pain Enhancer only reacts to its own bleed effect. I mean the bleed damage from weapon won't trigger Pain gem at all

thats not true, i used a zmonk with bleed in weapon in order to proc PE from a wich doctor firebats build
07/07/2019 07:30 AMPosted by Schyzo
yes i used a zmonk, when there was wichdoctor who used PE, he asked me to reroll my weapon to have bleed so his PE would proc more often, so if u have bleed prob in ur wapon it will proc PE

Pain Enhancer only reacts to its own bleed effect. I mean the bleed damage from weapon won't trigger Pain gem at all

thats not true, i used a zmonk with bleed in weapon in order to proc PE from a wich doctor firebats build

Pain enhancer will react to any bleed effect, regardless of what procs the effect, however it only reacts to ONE stack (per mob).

07/05/2019 02:34 PMPosted by KiWeN

They do stack additively as such, meaning you will deal 833%+80% (913%)

So it is pointless rolling it on any items since critical hits will already proc its effect regardless of what is dealing damage, any others are pointless unless you don't hit critical hits often, but even then it isnt worth it. WOL is one of the slowest hitters at 3-5 hits a second. Every second everything would have bleed that's how hard it is to NOT have the bleed stacks. If you are running any build you will have a 50%+ critical chance (Sometimes in the 60 & 70s depending on the build) so there is no point to EVER change gear to roll any bleed EVER. The only secondary effect that should ever be rolled is thorns for crusader thorns builds.
When WD firebats was trash killer bleed was recommended on support monk weapon.
07/07/2019 07:49 AMPosted by LazyTurtle
07/07/2019 07:30 AMPosted by Schyzo

Pain enhancer will react to any bleed effect, regardless of what procs the effect, however it only reacts to ONE stack (per mob).

07/05/2019 02:34 PMPosted by KiWeN

They do stack additively as such, meaning you will deal 833%+80% (913%)

So it is pointless rolling it on any items since critical hits will already proc its effect regardless of what is dealing damage, any others are pointless unless you don't hit critical hits often, but even then it isnt worth it. WOL is one of the slowest hitters at 3-5 hits a second. Every second everything would have bleed that's how hard it is to NOT have the bleed stacks. If you are running any build you will have a 50%+ critical chance (Sometimes in the 60 & 70s depending on the build) so there is no point to EVER change gear to roll any bleed EVER. The only secondary effect that should ever be rolled is thorns for crusader thorns builds.

Yes, your crits is a much more reliable trigger.

07/07/2019 07:55 AMPosted by Jazz
When WD firebats was trash killer bleed was recommended on support monk weapon.

That was to proc the AS stacks from bleed.
The gem is actually called LAG enhancer
My question would be, if your follower has an item that does bleed damage, does that also count toward your number of enemies affected by bleed? (if they bleed one that you didn't for example)
yes
07/08/2019 05:32 PMPosted by DTMAce
My question would be, if your follower has an item that does bleed damage, does that also count toward your number of enemies affected by bleed? (if they bleed one that you didn't for example)

On Shadow Impale DH if you are using PE gem - put Bul-Kathos Wedding Band ring on your follower - it will trigger second affix of PE gem.
I always assumed PE does almost no damage after GR80, and is used only for the attack speed.